AC RDEC Round 5 @ Monza - Sunday 10th September 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Exactly what I suspected looking at the results from practice. Same mistake with BOP every one seems to make.

You are comparing the driver.
NOT the car.

Exactly what I suspected looking at the results from practice. Same mistake with BOP every one seems to make.

You are comparing the driver.
NOT the car.

At the end of the day the BOP, cars and track was announced on the 11th of February. There was 2 warmups at mugello and sebring, before round one at sebring on the 26th march.
It's up to folks to pick what is best for them. I done my best with it at the time, back in january, at various tracks. People picking the slowest car for them, with heart rather than head perhaps, I can't control that.

Good race. I think I should have used the S-S strategy too. I don't think it would have changed the result, but twice soft would have been better. Congratulations to the winners and everyone else for hanging in there and to me for not pissing my pants. :)

I ran 1 set of softs at fuji for the full 1 hour race, in the RSR. Should be an option to go s - s in the next one. Means you are only setting up the car for one tyre compound.

Thanks for the race, guys. My first race after several weeks away. I wasn't quite on pace and had a mostly lonely time racing by myself. Rob and I traded places a few times but I built up some time that allowed me a late crash and still came in a few seconds ahead.

Thanks, Dave, for testing a stint on the softs, that made up my mind to go soft soft strategy which worked for me.

That was a tough one. A battle about bedtime with a five year old didn't put me in the best head place for racing and in quai the front end of my car didn't feel right. Odd.

Had a great start making some places in the first few turns as everyone heeded Brian's first lap warning. Something still didn't feel right at the front though. Did I forget to load the setup? No, I remember doing that and fuel is right. Turned into the first lesmo and next thing I know I'm heading striaght for the wall :(

After going through the seven stages of grief in the next 20 laps, it dawned on me that my eldest had been racing on the rig earlier and he uses very different wheelbase settings :mad:. My plan was to change wheelbase setting at the pitstop. I focussed so much on the settings that I missed my box was and had to parallel park the rather long Corvette in the pitbox - I'd forgotten that you can drive through cars in the pits. Wheelbase settings changed it felt much better and I was able to reach the times I had set in practice.

@Interslice: Either we all drove very nicely last night or the penalties weren't working how we expected as the server shows none were given. Can you confirm the rules on penalties for track cuts please? Is it 2 cuts in a lap and you get a 10second penalty? Or is it 2 cuts above your average time and you get a penalty? or something else? thanks!

tl;dr: I'm blaming my kids for my bad performance.

Great racing yesterday all! No issues from the faster passing class and had some close racing with my own class with minimal bumps. Congrats brian and Weston for the wins. Seems the soft / softs lasted alright here.

I'm really enjoying this championship. It's fun to follow a real series throughout their season as well as have longer than normal races to mirror it. It's also fun to mix up the race strategy between this and the shorter sprints we've been doing. Thanks again for putting it together Brian and everyone else for the great racing. See you all next round in Japan :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice racing with you folks again. Really enjoying the experience of these races. It is tough at times but the noise from the GTEs is fantastic and the awareness of the drivers makes it even better!!

Had some nice battles with Thiago again. (Un)fortunately he was on a 2 stopper so the last 30 minutes of the race was relatively comfortable. I was worried he was on mediums for the last hour, a bit of a relief when he pitted again.

Car felt very solid apart from the second chicane where it enjoyed a wobble. Ended up on the sand there. Sorry to @robthesquare for any fright there. I spun it out toward the kerb trying to unbeach the thing.

Congrats to Weston and the podiums. See you all at Fuji!

We are at Most Autodrome in Czech next Sunday, for more GTE/GT2 action. Password is the usual one for sundays.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 418 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 262 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 284 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.9%
Back