AC RDEC Round 7 @ Bahrain - Sunday 19th November 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club Endurance Championship. For Round 7, the final round, we are in Bahrain for 1.5 hours of multiclass action!!

Join us!

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Bahrain-GP-2007.png

• Practice Server: #10 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: #10 RaceDepartment - Netherlands
  • Additional Qualification events - See ACSM Server #10 Calendar
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 UTC | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CEST, 20:00 UTC | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 UTC | 90 minutes - Race

Cars:

LMP1

GTE (Restrictor/Ballast)
  • Porsche 911 RSR (25%, 30kg) Liveries
  • Corvette C7R (15%, 20kg)
  • Ferrari 458 GT2 (0%, 10kg)
  • BMW M3 GT2 (0%, 0kg)

Event details:
  • Track: Bahrain
  • Pit stop: Mandatory pit window between 10 and 80 minutes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 10 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap.
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• Video guide to multiclass racing - Click here
  • It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake cars in slower class. (Blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not) The slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. LMP1 should have, at a minimum, full overlap with a GT car before the corner apex.
  • If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class, the normal blue flags gentleman's rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake, usually a slight lift at the start of a straight. Please be sensible.
  • Separate qualification runs will happen for LMP1 and GTE classes. First 10 minutes for LMP1, second 10 minutes for GTE. GTE cars must not exit the pit lane before 10 minutes have elapsed. LMP1 must not start a lap after 10 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • Points/Penalty information - Click here
  • All other Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Discord is highly recommended for all club races. For multiclass it is particularly important.

Hello Brian,

Quick question: Since I drove my six out of seven races in the GTE class, is it possible that I start here in the LMP class with the AUDI?

Hello Brian,

Quick question: Since I drove my six out of seven races in the GTE class, is it possible that I start here in the LMP class with the AUDI?

You giving up on that podium, Hank!? ;)

Ye you can swap if you want, but the points won't count. Will I switch you now?

Last edited:
OK, now I remember why I chose the GTE class. I can't find any access to these LMP cars at all. I have no idea how to deal with the MGU-K and where to find the minimum 3(!) seconds. :thumbsdown:

I'm totally demotivated now. Sorry for the inconvenience Brian. I'm withdrawing completely for this race.

I wish all participants a lot of fun.

OK, now I remember why I chose the GTE class. I can't find any access to these LMP cars at all. I have no idea how to deal with the MGU-K and where to find the minimum 3(!) seconds. :thumbsdown:

I'm totally demotivated now. Sorry for the inconvenience Brian. I'm withdrawing completely for this race.

I wish all participants a lot of fun.

You just need to map the manual boost to your wheel and set it to 'charging'. Look at the track map and plan your Battery usage. Four main straights here so use maybe 20% x3… 10% through the esses out of t4 and dump final 30% on the main straight. Enzo posted setups back in one of the sebring threads.

Hope that will help Hank.

Hey Hank, I was the same when I first jumped in the Audi, didn't have a clue.
But with a bit of perseverance and learning off of others , I can get it around in reasonable pace. OK, not as quick as the super fast Toyota's on the straights but enough to keep up on the twisty bits.

I drive the MGU-K on 'low preserve'. This allows the car to decide when to apply the battery power for most of the lap and usually leaves a bit in reserve for the sprint to the line which I can apply by a button on the wheel as Brian said.
This does vary though depending on the state of charge and I find using the LMP dash app invaluable to manage the power and state of charge available.
Also the Audi being a diesel you need to short shift to keep it in the power band and manage the KERS system, but it is a new learning process and fun when you learn it and also learn to manage overtakes on the GTE class without losing too much time.

Hank, most has been said, the Audi does it for you, as described. The only problem you will have is trying to overcome the Toyotas battery capacity. If you are clever with the revs on low reserve you can go some way to mitigate its advantage. As I do not know the toyotas lap time I cannot evaluate the situation properly.
But you can battle the Audi’s , not sure as yet if that will include a Toyota, I think even if you can match their lap times you will stand very little to no chance of beating a Toyota.
But the Audi is easily the most straight forward car to drive, it is a diesel on steroids, which you do not have to do anything in low reserve.
Just keep it between 3700 and 4300rpm. If you manage to beat the Toyotas you will be my hero.:roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 448 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 278 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 26.7%
Back