AC RDGTC Round 3 - Donington GP - Sunday 5th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had practised this offline with penalties set and got to the point where I was not triggering the penalty. so entered the sim with my penalties set, as I thought.
So I assumed each lap was okay.
So happy about the penalty, we need to know, so we can do something about it.:unsure:

Just looked at my race out, shows three transgressions, is that correct?

This applies to Colin too, with high ping, generally something I have no problem with.

i know this is probably a problem with Donington and that chicane, and I know I was not alone. where others aware?

Last edited:
where are the warnings Colin, when offline I got a bleeding great red bar above the rearview mirror. Perhaps I cannot see it, maybe that is where my confusion is, everyone else sees the warning.:O_o:

It's a text message at the top of the screen as you pass the start/finish line. Something like...

"Warning 1/3 cut detected"

but not that exact message as I can't remember what it said

Last edited:
That is why I am clueless to track cuts, always looked at the chicane, never looked at anything but the road ahead on the start-finish line.:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Before you get the "1/X cuts warning" you have a chance to "save" your lap and not have it count against those. The penalty comes when you cross the start/finish line, not when you go off track.

Crew Chief should tell you if you've cut the track as well as sidekick (time going red) along with a message in red text at the top of the screen ( i think?). If you hear or see any of that, you'll only get a warning if keep the pedal down the whole lap and your time is the same or very close to your regular race pace. If you finish that current lap about 1s slower than your previous laps, you wont get a cut warning officially. Only goes on the books when you cut and don't give back any time.

Last Wednesday race, I had 4 invalid laps, but I think only 1 official cut because I didn't give time back there. The other three laps I made a point to go about 1s slower than what I was lapping and I didn't get the cut message crossing the line.

Last edited:
just downloaded crew chief, let us see if Jim can warn me.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Don't forget to enable sweary messages for that realistic experience...

Screenshot 2023-03-07 194221.jpg

I had practised this offline with penalties set and got to the point where I was not triggering the penalty. so entered the sim with my penalties set, as I thought.
So I assumed each lap was okay.
So happy about the penalty, we need to know, so we can do something about it.:unsure:

To be clear.
The penalty you received was due to getting reported, by an actual person in the race, for breaching track limits repeatedly. All 4 wheels were outside the white lines repeatedly, which could be easily seen in the replay. Absolutly nothing to do with cuts or cut warning or anything on the server/software. The 3 drive through cut warnings are working as intended for months now i.e. doing nothing and not affecting anyone who races here regularly.

I have no idea where this 'track limits are to push it to the edge of the server side cut detection, in race or qualy, once the time isn't invalidated' idea has come from. 2 wheel inside has always been the way. Anyone carrying on with the other method, the penalties will get worse until it's not worth the hassle for staff and a racing ban/removal from a championship happens.

No problem Brian, not done on purpose , which corner or corners are we talking about so I can see exactly what was meant. Giving me the opportunity to do something about it.
:)

I have decided to ban myself for the next 2 races as it was reported.:( and not electronically done.

View attachment 645579
That's some BS Ernie, as we just figured out in the PM too :)

Here's a little summary of the first 7 laps for everyone.
We all need to be a bit more careful through some corners. Or decide to let the new server penalties handle some specific corners like that chicane:

@Interslice I had no messages at the top of my monitor for some reason. I saw the warnings in the chat app though.
I really need to have a look at this stuff but just too much going on right now :(
Sorry for not getting to it yet!

I really need to have a look at this stuff but just too much going on right now :(
Sorry for not getting to it yet!

No problem Rasmus, all these things take alot of time and testing.

I don't want to go down the route of editing track surfaces and drive through penalties as it's not very beginner friendly.

It's disappointing to see, but no-one reports anything, so here we are.

Ultimately it just means removing any tracks that cause issues in championships so things are more equal for all drivers. Radillion for example creates an unfair playing field, so I rarely include Spa. Donington if at all will be national circuit from here out. Unfortunate as it's one of the great challenges for a driver.

To be honest I'm not sure how much pace was gained by all these cuts.
My 3 detected cuts all cost me quite some tenths but due to battling from the start until the laps with the cuts, they were quicker than the average.

Having a quick look at the others via freecam, it didn't seem that anyone gained a lot.

However the issue was, that during practice, the cut detection seemed to work quite well and strictly, but looking at the replay, the Kerbs are still part of the track for the detection, not the white lines.

I guess that causes most of the "cuts" in my video. Only if you go inside of the kerbs, a cut is detected.

However I would argue that this wouldn't be an issue to use Donington in club races. Like you said, it is for championships though.

But: for championships, I'd say communicating this might be okay.
Like "The cuts for the chicane are handled by the server. If your laptime stays white and you don't get a warning in the chat, you're good.
Beware though: if you ignore the drive through penalty at the 4th cut, you will get kicked from the server after 2 laps"

But we need to work on the penalty message stuff. I have no idea why I didn't see the warning message at the top. I did see them while testing with Han :O_o:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%