RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

• Jerome Martin

No problem at all, it was indeed me hitting Jerome a bit so I got off the throttle to let him keep his position - sorry for being in your way. :thumb:

It was a very good and interesting race. I have been prompted by a car behind me but I don't know if you talk about me or my friend Jerome Bernard. If you talking about me this was an act of course with no gravity, no damage or exit ramp. No problem friends.

Deeply the next race

Lost my connection too !!!!!!!!...more lost connections ??

This league gives me bad luck, first lags now this :)

Long time driving after Andy, it was fun Andy :evil:

Grats to the winner, till next race.

Hans van Hees :wink:

PS: without firewall its a little more playable now, thats the good news :thumb:
Also using AVG FREE, can this be a problem too ?? anyone ??

Now this race was a blast - and this time I even managed to pit! *duck*

Qualified 6th.. way more than I'd ever expect. Had a real good start and got into a first fight with Yoeri. Sadly I misjudged the fast downhill S (don't know corner names, sorry!) and managed to run on the grass and spin quite hard.. so I waited to let the whole field pass.
There I was.. last place.. and that after this qualification. I managed to get a good run and overtake many people. Turned out that I had way too few fuel on board so I pitted pretty early and when I came back on track I was pretty much stuck in traffic. In front of me have been two people that were a lap ahead so I couldn't overtake and right behind me were some other people.. Afer the fast ones in front of me went to the pits I managed to get away.
A bit later I was on the back of Yoeri again - and man, was he fighting to keep his place! His car was very slow on most of the track compared to mine but he was always able to get a good run out of a corner to drive the racing line.. so he managed to stuck his nose in in front of me and I couldn't overtake :thumb:
After 2 or 3 laps I finally managed to overtake him and in the end made it up to the 5th place. Good racing from Pedro as well! He managed to stay in front of me with his Mini.

Overall I had a real good race despite my early mistake and was hit some times, but it never really caused any damage.

Hope to you see you next round! :amen:

• Jerome Benard

Very lucky race for me.
I was 9° after my pitstop and i decided to drive cool to finish but just before las lap i run out of fuel, i take the pitlane and for chance it's in downhill and i go to pit stop when i see Simon i think who tchat in chatbox.
When everybody pass the finish line, i start my last lap and i think ( i'm not sure) i finish 8° and take the last point. :D

Not easy with my big Falcon but i think in Monza it will be cool:becky:

Grats all and see you next race.:thumb:

"Another bad luck race "

Very good lap in qualy and starting from pole.

First stin to pits i had no problems but had no good concentration and had two warnings for cutting in first corner because i had two half spins in that. So thats no cutting i lost som times in these laps.
And after another overtaking had the same mistake again. So "nice" stop and go for me. For this i´m very happy about P2 :second:.

It´s a pity that you lost connection peter, after this i lost a littlebit my concentration. But i think for you is it badlier.

• Andy Marsden

Pretty poor result for me after a good start, last to 9th in a couple of corners. Started slipping back as I struggling with the Falcon and put Ben into a spin at the last corner, sorry there mate :)
Battled with Marc and Jerome M for quite a while too then I had Hansje looming in my mirrors which lead to problems.....
Hans you really DO need to sort your lag out my friend, the amount of times you punted me (which eventually caused me to spin) was unbelievable. To be honest I dont believe you were aware it happened as you never apologised so i'm not going to moan about it, just think you need to play around with your internet settings, AV software etc to try and remove your lag (I use AVG Free with no problems so i doubt its that).
Anyway back to the race, after the incident with Hans I kept going until lap 30 when I pitted. My strategy of a VERY long first stint went balls up as I had lost too much ground pushing on ruined tires. I eventuallly finished 14th, and last, at least 1 lap down to everyone - bit embarassing but it just wasn't my night it seems, was looking forward to this race as well :(

Andy

P.S. Apologies to Warren (and most likely others) for chatting a bit too much during qualify. :D

gr8 race,'the best 1 for me so far. had a gr8 fight with garry and pedro who drove very very good in the mini. i had the gearing set too high and couldnt match garrys speed out of the corner but had gr8 fun. i got to 4th place and then had to deal with cars who were a lap down:rolleyes:. 3 diffrent times i crashed because these guys wont let me pass so finaly ended up in 6th. one of the guys was martin in the blue alfa and the other was a falcon.plz guys pay more attention next time.
btw sorry david cuthill for hitting u during the race but i think it was a racing accident that could not be avoided.
grats to warren for his win:thumb:

Gutted is the word I would use to describe tonight. Ran out of fuel on the last lap. The 'Tina's bottomless fuel tank finally ran dry.:doh:
Had a few problems in qualifying, my G25 H shifter is on it's way out and was doing all sorts of wierd things (mainly jumping out of gear mid corner and throwing me into a spin:() Still replacements on it's way from Sim-Gear so only needs to last a couple of weeks:becky: Sorry for ducking out and coming back in at the start of qualifying, hope I didn't distract anyone.

Anyway, not all doom and gloom. Posted a few PB's and generally nice laps tonight. Starting from around 11th I think, managed to avoid the first corner shenanigans and pick up a few spots. Had some nice little battles with Patrick Speleman, David Cuthill, Yoeri (some great drifting through the bends, left me totally blind in your tyre smoke:D) Came into the pits around Lap 27. First mishap was pitcrew being really picky about where I stopped, after they were satisfied changed tyres and chucked in 20 of laps worth of fuel and off I went again.
Came out P11 and picked up more spots as people pitted to find myself behind Yoeri again. He had an off so now P6 with him 5 secs behind:whoo:.

Coasted along, Warren lapped me so I thought 'must be near the end.' Lap after lap Yoeri was gaining so I decided to give it some stick for a couple of laps. Bad idea. Crossed the line (for what turned out to be the last lap and the engine spluttered...and spluttered....and died. Bugger:mad:)

So congratulations to Warren and the other podium bods. Thanks for yet another great race and see you in Monza where I'm sure the big V8's will have their day.

Cheers

Simon.:)

That was a very eventful race, but a great result for me.
It all looked ominous when I joined, only to be told I had a .gdb mismatch. :confused: So, I left and re-downloaded the track. Turned out I had been practicing with an older version (which was waaaay bumpier than this version). I had the car setup very soft for the bumps, but decided to leave it the same. The car was actually handing better on the new version.

Qualified ok in P4 with a PB. :)

My race start was ok, and I held my place into turn 1, but through the apex into the second part of the turn, I got a gentle nudge from Yoeri who had made his expected fast start. This nudge was enough to unsettle my grip causing me to tap Gary and spin him. Very sorry Gary, but I didn't think it was my fault, so I continued on. I dropped a couple of spots with this, but was able to regain them quickly as Marc and Yoeri spun. I settled into P3 and was able to gain on Peter in P2, but he was lagging badly, giving me lots of frights with his ghost. Suddenly I was showing P2 but Peter's car was still driving in front, but still lagging horribly. I eventually hit his stationary ghost exiting the last turn and hit the outside wall, damaging the car, but it was still driving pretty well, phew.
After that, I had an excellent run through the traffic, which was very busy, but I must compliment everyone for observing blue flags rather well for me. Thanks, very courteous of most of you. :thumb: I had fuelled for the full race, so that I could pick my time to pit, but since I was getting a good run and the tyres were holding up ok, I stayed out and pitted fairly late. This allowed me to inherit the lead, so I tried extra hard to build a gap before pitting. After the pitstop, I was very surprised to be 20 secs in the lead. I managed to increase this a little over the remaining laps to take my first win. :D

Congratulations to Andreas and Gary for the podium, and another great drive by Pedro in the Mini for 4th.

Thanks to all for some interesting racing on a tough little track. Look out for the Falcons at Monza though. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 268 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 214 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.2%