RDRC S2 - Round 1 - Rally of Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best driving today but amazing fun:good:

I had only driven some of the stages before the official start and did plenty of mistakes. Had to call for help about 3-4 times (mostly on Mlynky). Tried to drive very easy on Pribram, but still managed to do some stupid mistakes:)

But I got a very nice surprise when I started the Finland stages. Simply amazing:D Probably the most fun simracing I have ever experienced. However, I couldn't restrain myself and went too far some places (one flip and two barrelrolls:D). Still incredible fun though!

Hopefully I'll spend some more time with RBR before the next rally. I really need more practice with this sim, especially the pacenotes (I could swear I heard him say "MAYBE Right" tonight).

Thanks a lot for organizing this league:good: And congrats with the success, that's the biggest sign up list I've been a part of:)

Well, this rally was simply perfect for me, without mistakes, clear driving and fast too. :rally:
The hard training this week give me a good pace and know all stages, i did a clear driving and hoping for a good result... :thumb: My Scooby finish this rally like start without scratches. :pray: :D Looking forward for tomorrow results table! :drink: :)

love my 1st rally in the championship, 2 offs needing help in both cost me about 1min 30secs, both on that dam Mnlkny stage!

great fun but, missed out on 3rd by .44 secs however very happy with fourth!

I must say, "kid" was flying for a group N car! buy that man a beer!

well.. only what i can remember is that i crash in all stages loool
only one CFH and no retired...
icon_smile.gif

finish seconde in N4( i think) and in top 10(10th) in general for today... cant wait to see the overal result
icon_biggrin.gif

thx to all the crew!!!! ;)

I was waiting to much for this event and I am really not happy of my times. Except for the Sikakama, my favorite special where I made 2 good times, for the other specials, I was not in the rythm. I touched a rock in SS1 and a tree in the SS4, each time a 360°. That was the only real mistakes I have made but all my times were slower than I can do.

We will see the general standing for this first event of season 2. But thanks to everyone, a lot a people tonight, that was great to see !

Thanks to Senad, Rick, Ondrej for this great event.

Was not very lucky,3 retirements 2 times on Pribram first run hit the biggest tree in the downhill left hander to the village,
second one just in the village hit a telegraph pole(stone lol) never hit those sings in the test runs.
an on SS8 Mustaselka hit a tree again engine out.

Mlynky went well not fast an no big problems (most afraid of, all most all the test runs going out)

Sikakama an Autiovaara the best runs, one roll,one CFH

Kaihuvaara both clean runs no problems.

Over all, 3 retirements is not good fore the ranking but the clean runs do make you smile an gives a lot of Fun

Thanks RD for putting it all together an good luck to the last run tomorrow

Probably because you were going to the next stage before they did.

I see, can't really wait for them to finish because I'm racing again'st my intermittent connection :zip:

--

Officially? No, there is no way to see the results of a private session.

Is it possible? Yes. (where is the evil scientist smiley muhaha)

I just don't get it why the rscenter automatically remove the overall result window :mad:

Just included the EU3 results, and am quite surprised to report that an S2000 car has the fastest time overall on one stage. Out of 41 drivers so far, both WRC and GrN/S2000. Kudos :good:

EDIT: Terri, you were 9th overall in your session.

Was having a great clean rally up until SS9, then I cut too much and hit a small tree, braking the transmission. Had to do a CFH and finish the 0.3km in first gear. Ran SS10 since there was nothing to lose, if I retired or took a car repair either would have the same outcome. I was able to get power thru the transmission thru a combo of shifting up and down and some voodoo. Ended up with a time which I think would be better than red ink.

Had a roll on SS12, but it was at the very end and I landed shiny side up.

I got first in my session! :)

Fun stuff, thanks to all the organizers!

Aah, I'm happy and bummed at the same time. Got some nice times, like +5s to the winners, also managed to improve my training PB on Sika by 10s (I was confused earlier, couldn't go faster). But I made 3 MAJOR mistakes.

1st run of Mlynky - braked just late enough to go off at the tight lefthander near the end of the stage. Only about a carlenght in the forest, but when coming back I got a bit stuck on the road edge. Lost almost 20s rocking the car back and forth. Dang.

1st Autio - that's a shameful error. I clearly heard the co driver reading an "easy left" turn, but seeing the shape of the road I've decided to turn right... I was thinking "that is a BIG mistake" while doing so, and it was. Dug myself out, but the suspension was feeling funky till the end, so some deep not-completely voluntary cuts till the end of the stage, damaging it further bit by bit.

2nd Autio (yup, looks like my new fav stage :p) - gahh... Probably pissed away a few places there. Was extremely pressed onto at this moment and stupidly instinctively pushed harder without any concentration to finish as quickly as possible and plug-out the wheel. Crashed and rolled twice, with one huuuuuuuuge flight head-on into a tree. By some miracle I didn't destroy the car, but like a decade of time lost there.

Well, at least my potential pace was a pleasant surprise. Must get even more serious on WRC training before round 2, it clearly gives good results, Focus felt nice and smooth. And I was impressively (for me) close to the top on Pribram, that's nice. Although I know every corner of this track I can NEVER drive it fast on tarmac :p

Just included the EU3 results, and am quite surprised to report that an S2000 car has the fastest time overall on one stage. Out of 41 drivers so far, both WRC and GrN/S2000. Kudos :good:

On the snow, when the SS is not to long and not to fast, the difference of power between the cars are not very important. Group N can compete with the WRC. We will see on gravel or on tarmac if he can compete with the WRC, in that case we have found a very fast driver.

BTW yesterday night, a lot of new drivers were very fast. The competition will be very exciting !

Total time: 68:39
Retirement: 1 - on one turn I hit "win" key which minimized RBR and it's not ALT+TAB capable
ss1: started with two spins - 6:13
ss2: pretty good - 4:13
ss3: slided off the slope tried to rejoin hited one small bush BANG gearbox stuck in 2nd - 5:21
ss4: drove whole SS in 1st gear... 7:42
ss5: much better run, but spoiled by avoiding people and lost about 20 sec. - 6:02
ss6: quite satisfing run - 4:12
ss7: Mlynky at night - super careful, but needed to back up one time... 4:35
ss8: The Win-key disaster - DNF
ss9: long smooth drive - very pleased with my ride - 6:04
ss10: ran wide at fast passage - made a flip over hood with no harm for the car - 3:55
ss11: one spin at high speed - 6:12
ss12: totally crappy - 3 spins, hit stone after 30 sec which damaged steering, causing mentioned spins - 4:13

Could be better, two mistakes and one DNF - not a bed start for me!
I agree with Knut - snow rallying is something beautiful :)
Thanks Rick, Senad and RD :)

yeah time with 3:40++ will be possible for those aliens, I've tried it and with luck on my side it is possible, though I hope they won't try to achieve that time so we can all have a good 4min+ time lolx :D

An interesting FYI on Mlnky snow-I just completed the 1st round of the Hungarian championship on RSRBR.

-Fastest time currently stands at 3:54

I actually think noone will go below 3:50 on Mlynky

It is possible to be under 3:50. During my training, I do 3:46, but the official rally is different, with the cumulative damage, it is important to didn't make mistake during this SS.

I think that with lot of risk, maybe we can do 3:40, but I didn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 285 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 231 27.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 153 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.0%