RDRC S5 Round 1 - Rally de Monaco (2nd - 5th March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why but the RS Center skipped the second stage... I went directly from the first one to the 3rd?

When I ran it took me a long time to get through the first stage in my FWD. By the time I got my replay saved and loaded back to desktop, it showed about 30 seconds to start SS2. I almost missed it.

Just wondering if its possible to exceed the time limit just from taking to long on SS1?

When I ran it took me a long time to get through the first stage in my FWD. By the time I got my replay saved and loaded back to desktop, it showed about 30 seconds to start SS2. I almost missed it.

Just wondering if its possible to exceed the time limit just from taking to long on SS1?
The slowest driver so far had 1.5 minutes left to start SS2. Just judging from his stage time, and the default stage time for SS1, which is 9:05.

disaster rally. Thought i could be somewhat competitive in trickly conditions as i practiced and I worked slowly but the car is just absolutely unforgiving... was the Alfa always this fragile? Never noticed it in the few rounds I took part in 2011...

Anyways, all my DNFs were due to this: carried slightly too much speed and had way less grip than I anticipated... slid into a tree or a short post and that completely ruined my engine. I didnt even hit these things at medium speed let alone full speed... but the little alfa decided to die on me anyway... gosh, if I crashed at a high speed corner it might be a fatal accident with a car this fragile... I'll have to test the next rounds and see...

Anyways... retired in 4 stages... decided to give up. Horrible start to the season... disappointed... oh well, on to the next round

The slowest driver so far had 1.5 minutes left to start SS2. Just judging from his stage time, and the default stage time for SS1, which is 9:05.

If I was an idiot, and slowed down a lot after SS1 finish boards like in real life....coasted to the time keeper, and waited for it to load to the replay bit. (Instead of driving on past the gate.) And then stalling at the replay bit, to think what I should actually name my replays. Would it take this into consideration?

Well, very short review from my side :)

I tested the car a little to see how the physics has changed. And it's really great to see such an improvement for that little Škoda.

The first stage was just another test for me. I finished, no big mistakes, just a lot of spins (RWD rear-engined ... And that's still good combination, I can't imagine driving more powerful Lada 1600 with an engine in front!). I made some really nice hairpins, I was happy with my driving.

The seconds stage - RS Center skipped it. I think it's because the first stage took me too long. But it should be prevented - or at least I thought it is.

The third stage - I started on the roof of my car! But that was just a beginning. I don't have any excuses for this stage because I haven't spent any minute of testing there. My fault I was slow, but again, I had another great time with the car working so well on the snow surface.

SS4 was just better than the first drive trough. Maybe thanks to nicer weather - still I had to call for help as I stuck with my end over the edge :)

SS5 was amazing ... As I missed the first one I had to drive it for the first time. I had a lot of astonishing moments going sideways, but as it goes, I spun a lot. 1 CFH. Still amazing fun.

SS6: I overheated the engine (I think because I was spinning the wheels and reving the engine to the limiter all the time?) but I would retire from the whole rallye anyway. It just takes too long for this car to get trough the stage, about 9 - 12 minutes and with so many stages. I wouldn't make it. I finished 6 stages after an hour which is just too long.

If I was an idiot, and slowed down a lot after SS1 finish boards like in real life....coasted to the time keeper, and waited for it to load to the replay bit. (Instead of driving on past the gate.) And then stalling at the replay bit, to think what I should actually name my replays. Would it take this into consideration?
No, the online part is not related to what you do in game. Stage start times are fixed and same for everyone, if you miss it, for any reason, you miss the stage.

Screwed up the times, I'll be running tomorrow evening. I should remember I should be here by 21:00 CET, not close before 21:15:rolleyes:

TBH, Rallysim has made the Citröen and Ford very good, the Mini and especially the VW don't feel that good, be it turning or handling on snow for example:(

I got surprised by the 1.6 update aswell, it gave me an error message in-between.

EDIT: Still tells me there is an update but it doesnt show more. Is it Update 2 or something else?

When it asked me "Do you want to open the download page" I pressed ok, and nothing happened, couldn't entry online session. Then I downloaded the update 02 And now it is working just fine.

I wasn't able to enter any public sessions today because it said that there is update 1.6 for rscenter and asked if I wanted to open the download page, but when I clicked ok nothing happened. So I installed update 02 and now it says my rscenter is 1.6 and I can enter public sessions. I haven't driven round 1 yet. I will drive it tomorrow. I don't know if this helps you. ( sorry for my rally english) :D

Man, what a rally! This is the chance for everybody to get good points since the most important is to stay on the road and finish here, but i still kept my good ol'average of 4 DNFs, and with my slow speed and constant CFH I just hope the team gets some points!

The first loop was some sort of wake up call, despite two retirements i was pleased with the driving.

but then it started to be too much. my cautious approach of doing the whole rally with snow tires was deeming to be difficult, as the grip was quite low on tarmac, plus the fact that i don't change setups.

The second half was just as challenging, and the pace was super slow. so I am looking forward to the rrersults to see if that was enough for the final point for 10th place :D

Good luck to all the others that have yet to drive, and thank you RD people for setting this up, greatly appreciated as always! :)

My run did help me uncover a problem with my pedals. For some reason the brake pedal randomly sticks fully down. This caused a few lock ups that I managed to get away with until the 2nd Mlynky where it caused me to have 2 massive rolls down the hillside. Oh well results knackered.

Roll on the next rally with hopefully fully functioning pedals.

Good luck to the guys still to compete

I wasn't able to enter any public sessions today because it said that there is update 1.6 for rscenter and asked if I wanted to open the download page, but when I clicked ok nothing happened. So I installed update 02 and now it says my rscenter is 1.6 and I can enter public sessions. I haven't driven round 1 yet. I will drive it tomorrow. I don't know if this helps you. ( sorry for my rally english) :D

Now I'm scared, imagine if we won''t be able to join the last session:O_o:

Ok, let's sum up my rally:

ss1
Very hard because of heavy snowing. Steady and calmly forward because I didn't want to ruin the rally on SS1. Managed to stall the car closer to finish but no other problems.

ss2
This stage was going very well until 2km before finish when I spun. I lost concentration there and had 2 more major incidents but luckily made it to finish!

ss3
Very, very hard. I wasn't comfortable at all and felt like driving handbrake on.

ss4
I tried to push but it didn't effect at all. I also cut one hairpin pretty badly, slowed down a bit and then appeared the wrong way sign. I floored the brakes because I thought maybe I had to reverse to the hairpin to take it right. Luckily it disappeared but I lost more time than gained of the unintended cut. Overall very tidy run.

ss5
This went very well! Not a single scratch on the car but still I lost to Alasdair. After this I was on 3rd place 12s behind Ole Marius and catching!

ss6
Not good at all. I was all over the place, especially after last split. Lucky to finish. Ole Marius now 48s ahead, Andris over minute behind.

ss7
Clean run but not happy with the time. Difficult to drive because of bent wheels on ss6.

ss8
Definitely not my favourite stage. Yet an ok time and no problems. Gained a little more time on Andris too.

ss9
ICY HELL. I hated everything about it. Still 4th quickest through and gained 5s more to Andris. Gap now 1.28.

ss10
Way too careful and perhaps because of that had to use a cfh. Slid a little wide and just rolled to leave the car on its side. Ole Marius retired here so i'm now leading RDRC-2 class! Andris is 2nd +37s behind.

ss11
First time through Peklo I struggled to find confidence with better grip. Now found it quickly and felt really confident. Time is good although i hit a tree pretty hard ~1.5km to finish.

ss12
After i finished the stage I said to myself that I don't ever want to drive this stage again. And guess what: it was probably my best stage time of the rally. :O_o: 3rd fastest just 3,83s behind Alasdair.
Overall gap to Andris now 1.50. Should I take the last two stages easy..?

ss13
I felt very confident at the start so I decided to push. Was doing very well until halfway mark. A pretty heavy crash into the woods but somehow managed to get back onto road and didn't lose much time.

ss14
Power Stage! I really wanted some points so I went on to attack. That of course resulted in sliding wide in hairpins because I pushed too much. Second fastest of RDRC-2 still. Andris had clearly practiced here. Very impressive time I must admit!

Overall an excellent rally from me. I've got used to retiring and using CFH's but not today! I was 3rd overall in the EU3 session and won the RDRC-2 class. (Alasdair, who won the session, of course drives an RDRC-2 car too but he's Grade 1 driver so he doesn't count :p)
I think I've got a chance to be on podium here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%