RDRC S8 Round 1 - Rally Monte-Carlo (23rd - 29th January 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
done and dusted, the four sunny midday stages are a nice way to end the event. had my best stage in the whole tournament on 16 where i gained a whooping 14 secs on my first run of the same stage at the beginning of day 02. happy to have brought the car home in one piece, the pace out there is sheer madness: sitting in pos93 of 96 survivors atm and to me it was decent speed almost all the way, only lost about 30 secs to spins etc. came in 16 mins down to leader, very much looking forward to final results on Monday. A huuuuge thanks to organizers and each and every particpant!

#84 M.Pertino / mpw72
Disaster! .... I began with a false start on SS1 ... I lost my head, and I've done many many mistakes, after, on SS11 i took 30 sec penalty and a rollover ... shame, I paid little experience in the race .. at the moment there are 31 overall ... Tomorrow last 4 stages ...I hope to recover some place!

Finished the rally with the BMW. It was really fun, linking all the corners, drifting all around the corners. I had no big mistakes, only little ones but very disturbing ones.

I tried as hard as I can with BMW but the Peugeot 306 guys were very fast here, and I saw someone with a Manta to keep up with them! I hope I can make it into the top 5 in 2WD+ category :)

So the first championship round for me didn't quiet go to plan got my first steering wheel for my xbox one yesterday still trying to get used of it. Day 1 didn't go well had a spin on both stages and lost half a minute both times. Day 2 started better increasing my pace with every stage. started to get a good feeling in the car as the stages went on stage 10 went well just 4 seconds slower then the fastest 4wd+ time on xbox one stage 11 going great felt really quick until one silly mistake put me off the road and out of the rally. Really well done to the organisers of this super job. If anyone could tell me how I can compare my times with overalls that would be great really new to this thanks. Onto Sweden we go

Just completed the rally. Sheesh what an adventure! I felt like my driving got more and more confident as the stages progressed, however my troubles in SS11 really hurt my overall position. I think I could have been top 30 had I not had those issues, but it was great fun pushing really hard towards the end there on the final day of stages to make up some time.

Finished 42nd overall, so hopefully in the next few days I won't drop too much as more people complete the rally :D The Scooby was beautiful throughout, I just feel bad for re-arranging her face at the midway point.

20170128103911_1.jpg
20170128103934_1.jpg
20170128103949_1.jpg

Gutted, doing quite well up until stage 14. Then at about 5 mph slid up a small snow bank and teetered on the top only to keep on sliding off to the inevitable terminal damage, literally gutted as was really enjoying the VR experience, you really get a feel for the slides and hairpins.

Live and learn, roll on the next event.

OK, I have a problem. Game crashed at stage 6/7, no error just went to the desktop but the game icon was still on the taskbar, clicked it, alt+tab it nothing happened.
Before this league, I have a lot fewer subscriptions but today made a new FFB subscription, other than that I haven't had this sort of crash before. Yes crashed but without the taskbar icon to remain
Now tried to restart, and it sent me to Stage 1 but at second to last hairpin game crashed, 3 attempts all of the crash, any suggestions?
File check on steam is ok

Could it be possible to unsubscribe to the ffbs and run it and see if that changes it?
pff...i am dumb, didn't try that. Just deleted/uninstalled everything in my anger then I forgot I didn't save took a screen shot of setup or anything, YEY
Was a tad faster than most until then but was close to the limit, installing again and will go in steam and unsubscribe to all, see if it works. But today is dead for me, was on fire/good feel with the game/car after this I can't be bothered.
Hope It's all good until tomorrow, even if I am a tad faster I feel it's not correct, as I apply same technique I apply in RaceRoom, practice, practice, practice and more practice and that's not rallying:))
anyway will update later

So im finished. 2nd overall atm but there are alot of faster guys still coming.
I feel like the Hyundai is abit underpowered compared to the other WRC cars but who wouldnt love a challenge? :x
I don't think you'll be dropping awfully far from 2nd - that's a ridiculously quick time you've set :)

PS: regarding Hyundai power, it's nominally the same but I wish we could get at the torque curves for all of the cars. Anyone know if this data exists anywhere accessible? One example of where this matters: the R4 Impreza has a power peak at crazy low revs (4130 rpm) but my feeling is that below 4000 rpm the torque falls off a cliff so the shift-point isn't so easy to work out... (When I drive it, I tend to shift so that the revs drop to around 4100...)

Last edited:
Did the last stages today. After dropping some time yesterday in SS9 to 11, today was slightly better. SS12 felt good, but the time was quite slow, so I attacked a bit harder. That worked well in SS 13 to 16, but in SS17, I became slightly overconfident and had two spins that shouldn't have been.
5th in 70s with the Stratos right now, with mostly Kadetts in front of me. Not brilliant, but not bad either. If I stay in the top ten in class, I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%