RDRC Season 4 - General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's still mid-season grade change if you fullfil the requirement?

I heard someone saying "Why are you still in Grade 4? You're better than that already!"

Well, last season it said 3 consecutive rallies in RDRC to be grade 3. And just when I was going for my 3rd rally, I had some technical problems with my laptop and missed it. Thus I never achived 3 consecutive rallies until this season.

Or maybe I should have gone and taken a grading event:rolleyes:

There's still mid-season grade change if you fullfil the requirement?

Well, last season it said 3 consecutive rallies in RDRC to be grade 3. And just when I was going for my 3rd rally, I had some technical problems with my laptop and missed it. Thus I never achived 3 consecutive rallies until this season.

The Grading Rules changed for Season 4. Mid season re-grades were removed in favour of a better method of Grading drivers before they join.

Just wondering, this is nothing I need an answer on now, because the next season are far, far ahead!

I got myself up to grade one (big mistake :p I wanted grade two, oh well) before this season. But then I chose the Renault Alpine. Am I going down to grade 3/4 for next season because of bad outright positions with my old, RWD car?
Or just loosing one grade, or do I end up in the same grade, because the grading event before this season (which would be a bit strange)

I guess I'll stop racing in the RDRC after this season then :/ I'll never get an outright in the HOS imdriving at the moment lol and I doubt I'd get any higher in a grading event :p
Or I might switch to another better S2K car like the pug :p
We'll see. Thanks for the help guys!

Am I going down to grade 3/4 for next season because of bad outright positions with my old, RWD car?
Or just loosing one grade, or do I end up in the same grade, because the grading event before this season (which would be a bit strange)

Ole, here is my guess after reading this Rule: (part of Section 2)

However, from season 4 a driver will not be able to fall lower than one grade from their highest achieved grade.

Lowest you can drop is one Grade, which would put you in Grade 2. Unless you score a top 5 finish during S4 (it's top 5 for Grade 1), which would take a monumental effort in your Alpine. :p Then you would stay Grade 1. I doubt your previous Qualy Grade would remain for S5, but good question, Rick will have to decide.

C'mon mate, you should be a Grade 1 driver anyway. ;)

Ole, here is my guess after reading this Rule: (part of Section 2)

However, from season 4 a driver will not be able to fall lower than one grade from their highest achieved grade.

Lowest you can drop is one Grade, which would put you in Grade 2. Unless you score a top 5 finish during S4 (it's top 5 for Grade 1), which would take a monumental effort in your Alpine. :p Then you would stay Grade 1. I doubt your previous Qualy Grade would remain for S5, but good question, Rick will have to decide.

C'mon mate, you should be a Grade 1 driver anyway. ;)

Ahh, should've read better then, instead of putting you to work :p

Should I? Maybe, but I really don't like the new WRC cars, the newest WRC car I like is the Fabia :) Then the Cordoba. Grade 1 isn't the place to be for me :p

So scoring Top 5 (4th place) in the last rally means I'll be grade 1 at season 5? Can a grading event put me in a lower grade than I am? Because if Im in grade 1 next season then its only because of so few people attending that rally - luck. I shouldnt really be there.

EDIT:
I got it from here (from rules):

To qualify for Grade 1 a driver must have:-
Finished in the top 5 of an RDRC event in season 3,
Or set a grade 1 qualifying time in an RDRC Qualifying event.

Well, basically it would mean that I wont be Grade 1 because I didnt finish any RDRC event in Top 5 during Season 3 :p But as these are rules for Season 4 I believe that would change for Season 5 and I should move up to Grade 1..? Am I right? What about the grading event? :p

Driver : Ryan Walker
RSRBR name: Ryan Walker
Number : 88
Car : Subaru Impreza N14 Prodrive
Car Class : S-RDRC
Driver Grade : 4
Team :

I have read and understand the rules and agree to abide by them for the duration of RDRC S4 - Yes

Not you too Ryan:( Why does everyone take that eyesore? The worst thing is that I start to get used to it...

Moreover, there are now 3 drivers with the #88??!?

Yeah shame there is no 'transfer window' every xx rallies or even mid season. I was new to RBR so asked someone else to choose my car but i actually dont like it as others i have tried since choosing.

In paper maybe, but i go faster in the Evo and N12 oh and crash less :D

It's alright Simon... Oscar picked my car for me too :roflmao:

Serves me right for not testing the entire class... seriously that's how I found out about that little gem of a car that is the Alfa 33 (Rick any chance that might be back for 2wd? :) )

But can't do much about it I guess. The NDR boys put this ride together for me the last minute... better to have a ride than no ride ;)

Sorry to be damping any enthusiasm here for the Group A Cars, but they won't really work. Pity, I love these cars too. :inlove:

A8_1 and A8_2 Cars in RSRBR vary hugely in performance and physics. Ranging from Lancia Delta Integrale (very fast) to a BMW M3 which is only RWD (as examples).
Also, the Group A8_1 Evo's are notoriously fragile as we found by using them in some Club Rallys.

As much as I love these cars, they are a widely varying mixture which just wouldn't fit a Championship with other Classes. :(

EDIT: Unless we restrict the choice to only a couple of Group A Cars, but that will need a lot of testing to find the right balance with other cars.

Would it not work if you went with just the 4wd ones and marketed it as a class between S200 and WRC?. I personally wouldn't mind driving one of the grp A cars and you can probably get some good results with them. just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%