RDSTL S1 - Super Touring League (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey buddy
It is not your fault
It was all my fault. I had at the time no front splitter, and the more I go faster the more the car wanted to turn less right :)...So I had to slow down hearing you coming.

as for the race....weeeeeellll eehhh
not bad...could have been far worse :)

I had a great qualify which put me at 3rd and had a great fight for 2/3 of the race.....I raced Martijn a lot...and I guess he was stressing a bit :)...great race there tnx...and really sorry for the bump...all my fault

in the end I guess 2 laps before my 2nd schedule stop disaster struck me....as on the final corner the car just lost all grip as I accelerate, which sent me to the barrier and having to drive with no splitter for a whole lap
pitted and top it of also...went back on and fought to gain ground on Mehmet...then in the final laps again I hit somebody...this time Neil...sorry mate :(
in the end decided to ease of and be lapped by Peter...just drove and passed finish line with just enough fuel....if it was on the lead lap then I would surely loose it by running out of fuel lol....so in the end I'm happy with an 8th place....could have been better, but heck I have to take it as it is

tnx for all the races guys
I guess this was my last race as backup driver for my team for this season...hopefully a new season will be back where I can try again with being backup driver :)
and grats to Peter for winning the championship already lol...great job :wink:

Division 1

Got the message late on Friday that Aritan would like to sit out, so me as a reserve driver needed to dust of my helmet and start to practice.

Qualified in 9'th spot

At the start i run wide in T1 with my ice cold tires and lost one spot.

Continued for many laps chasing Mehmet and after the first pit stop i came out in front of both Andreas and Mehmet.
Had a strange incident with Christopher A and rear ended him slightly in T2, causing him to slide off.
Sorry for that Chris, but you where strangely slow there and i did not expect that.
Andreas chased me for many laps and after the 2'nd pit stop he where oput in front and i had no chance of catching him

Anyway, finished in a for me nice 6'th spot after a fun race.

Grats podium and finishers and thanks to the organizers.

well big thx to yuri to replace me for this race he dint have alot time to practice extreme cars but due to our f1 race few week ago im sure he did know how the track is:) GJ man :first: and mister dan 4TH gj both
Abit sad to not race to istanbul after my best race ever in f1 there,but oh well ,and grats to phil for driver champ this season ,due to my absence ,lost the chance of that champ :( it all good dint expect to have nice season like this with mister dan:) so that cheer me up and was fun race with you all:)

im not sure to see you guys in next last race since i lost racing motivation atm
sry for that

cheer:)

There's still 1 more race

Yeah Michel, we missed you on track today:(

The title is not won for me yet. You still have enough points to challenge especially if I have another Brands Hatch style race. I hope you'll be there my friend:good:.

And I'm sorry you had problems today Ben, you and Yuri would of kept each other busy and I might of kept up :rofl:

Race report 2moro as it's getting late:good:

short race report...

I have make a reasonable classification, 4th. and finished the race with 0.20 gasoline:2th lool .
It was intense because behind me there was Rami who I know is very quick in the race. since lap30 it was a 4-5sec gap. I managed to contain it and save gasoline. I finished with more than 40 seconds behind Peter and 2 seconds ahead of Rami.
gratz all and cu on track... ;)

I had a great qualify which put me at 3rd and had a great fight for 2/3 of the race.....I raced Martijn a lot...and I guess he was stressing a bit :)...great race there tnx...and really sorry for the bump...all my fault

Yeah was great fun,and yes a bit frustating also:mad-tongue:,hahaha.
For the first few laps i was able to hang on to you guys,if only just.
Because of the fights you guys were having i managed to stay in touch.
I thought that i was clear passed you wen you hit me,i didnt see you comming.If i did i'd would have left a bit more room for you.It set me back to p7 or p8 but i fight my way back to 4 th,had only 0.4 fuel left wen crossing the line,hahahahahahaha.
Overall great race and congrats to all ,especially to Peter who drives like he's from another planet.:alien:

Just watched the replay and it was a really great view from Gregory's car looking back and later on from Christopher's car.
Absolutly great fun.Too bad that the little bump from Christopher cost us both a lot of time and we lost contact with Jaoa , Gregory and Rami.
Still a great race.

Too bad it was also my last race this season,due to "Sinterklaas" on the 5 of dec. i can't drive the final round of this season.
So i would like to say THANK YOU to all the drivers and espacially those who i had some great battles with,hope to see you all next season for some more great Super Touring fun.
Thx to RD for setting this up on their servers.:clap2:

Cheers Martijn

Qualify:
As i was wrong on the starting time for the qualify. I rushed with my dinner. Exactly on the moment i finished eating my dinner the qualify started. So first lap to test the car on this track with the givin setup by Michel. I did a pole position lap Wooohooo.

Race:
From the start i sprinted, and noticed a terrible cap to the second place. Till i saw my name in the chat i noticed that it was only the warm up lap LOL. sorry for that guys. But half way i released the throttle, and everything was fine again.
Dan tolled me to step on the gas when i was going out of the last turn, and the battle with Philip started. The battle was going on till the first pitstop. After the pitstop i had a cap of 7 seconds. (entered the pit with 2/3 seconds lead. From that moment i could maintain a nice racepace to safe the fuel. i used 4.08 liters per lap.
I just wanna say tnx to all the drivers as they really where sportsmans. I had no issues to lap drivers. They all anticipated like pro's!

Well. I think Michel will drive Nurnburg as Sinterklaas will interupt my reserve spot for that day!

Tnx to all for this outstanding race. I really like this car and league :)

Oh s***. I just realised the race was this weekend past. I completely forgot about it! :damnit:

I'm getting really unreliable. I don't think I'll compete next season, or any other Euro league after that... It's just too much getting up early in the mornings and missing races because of it.

Just a little message to Jari Vinnari:).

I'd like to say that I really enjoy seeing your Videos after the League events. I can't imagine how much time you must spend watching the replays of both races, finding the action (you normally catch most notable moments in all of them) and then the editing time etc to create these excellent Video reviews of the races.

A big Thank You to you for your efforts again Jari:good:.

• Wido Rossen

Very nice movie again Jari, must have been :moon: work.

@ Philip, nice race pace Philip.
To bad for that outstanding outbreaking action at the end of the straight.

Very nice movie again Jari, must have been :moon: work.

@ Philip, nice race pace Philip.
To bad for that outstanding outbreaking action at the end of the straight.

Yeah, but Johan was a gentleman and let me go past further round the lap:good:. I'm sure it was not intentional.

Just wish I wasn't having to short shift so much to conserve fuel as it was killing me at the end of the straights when someone had a run on me:neutral:.

Just a little message to Jari Vinnari:).

I'd like to say that I really enjoy seeing your Videos after the League events. I can't imagine how much time you must spend watching the replays of both races, finding the action (you normally catch most notable moments in all of them) and then the editing time etc to create these excellent Video reviews of the races.

A big Thank You to you for your efforts again Jari:good:.

:plus1: :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%