Removed by RSS

Cars Removed by RSS [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy (€0.01)
I want to have a coloured halo. I painted the template HALO_HD and saved it. All I am getting is a reddish carbon texture. Putting the HALO_HD.dds from @chrisi2174 's Ferrari works. (But I want no carbon visible whatsoever and he has those parts cut out). What am I doing wrong guys?
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

I want to have a coloured halo. I painted the template HALO_HD and saved it. All I am getting is a reddish carbon texture. Putting the HALO_HD.dds from @chrisi2174 's Ferrari works. (But I want no carbon visible whatsoever and he has those parts cut out). What am I doing wrong guys?View attachment 246029 View attachment 246030
Hi there is a alpha channel ,
this will need making white the alpha channel,
white in the alpha channel shows paint , black shows carbon and 50/50 grey shows both like you have there :)

see this "alpha 1" this will need making white where you want only paint to show :)
ef56939f953d7b8ddfa9f8937d04fadc.png

@chargingcar I promised you some screenshots about the delta time dot not being very nice. It's okay with for example 2 but terrible with 4. And in motion it's much more obvious than on pictures.

So here's 2, the dot is not visible, it's hidden under the number
20180410164719_1.jpg

Here's 4, suddenly the dot is visible but it's obviously way right.
20180410164801_1.jpg

For some other examples where the dot is partly covered but still visible: 6,7
20180410164745_1.jpg
20180410164746_1.jpg

So it's not a font problem but the dot is in the wrong place. I have no idea how stuff like this is done, but I'd either move the dot left into the opening between the seconds and tenths, or get rid of it completely.

@chargingcar I promised you some screenshots about the delta time dot not being very nice. It's okay with for example 2 but terrible with 4. And in motion it's much more obvious than on pictures.

So here's 2, the dot is not visible, it's hidden under the numberView attachment 246044

Here's 4, suddenly the dot is visible but it's obviously way right.View attachment 246045

For some other examples where the dot is partly covered but still visible: 6,7
View attachment 246046 View attachment 246047

So it's not a font problem but the dot is in the wrong place. I have no idea how stuff like this is done, but I'd either move the dot left into the opening between the seconds and tenths, or get rid of it completely.
Hi yeah so odd,
must be an issue with the fonts but the font i used on the sf15t I believe also, and maybe the 70h will have to check its a generic kunos font,
I never saw these issues and tried 4 more various fonts as well, I will look into again at some point,
thanks for sharing the screens :)

Hi yeah so odd,
must be an issue with the fonts but the font i used on the sf15t I believe also, and maybe the 70h will have to check its a generic kunos font,
I never saw these issues and tried 4 more various fonts as well, I will look into again at some point,
thanks for sharing the screens :)
We have had a similar issue at the Motec of the Ginetta some time ago:
QVeZmDt.jpg

After getting new files of our 3D artist it was fixed. So I can't really say what is the reason for this issue. Maybe its related to the 0,0,0 reference point of the font at the display mesh.

Reactions: CC
We have had a similar issue at the Motec of the Ginetta some time ago:
QVeZmDt.jpg

After getting new files of our 3D artist it was fixed. So I can't really say what is the reason for this issue. Maybe its related to the 0,0,0 reference point of the font at the display mesh.
Hi,
well its nothing to actually do with 3D mesh,
they are added with helpers dummy and they are always set to 0,0,0,
and from max the helpers they do not actually effect positions on the code internal code,
they just position the actual settings, but once positioned I have never seen issues from anything like for example from max, but like I say I tried 5 different fonts in total and I never saw that issues anywhere on my display not once,
I will look into it more at some point personally id just bin it and be done its not actually on the wave display anyways something we added :)

Unlock the Dev apps and use the DRS App and add the detection line and zones yourself. I know it works online, not sure about offline.
Regarding this DRS,
on official tracks it only lights up orange to tell you DRS Zone is active,
then when you press the DRS button on the right a green light tells you its in use,

now I have never seen once this light come on all the time not on official tracks,
if you playing a track and the orange light is there all the time maybe something is wrong with the zones on the track, but under racing conditions should only turn orange once within the zones :)

Hi,
well its nothing to actually do with 3D mesh,
they are added with helpers dummy and they are always set to 0,0,0,
and from max the helpers they do not actually effect positions on the code internal code,
they just position the actual settings, but once positioned I have never seen issues from anything like for example from max, but like I say I tried 5 different fonts in total and I never saw that issues anywhere on my display not once,
I will look into it more at some point personally id just bin it and be done its not actually on the wave display anyways something we added :)
Like you already know I've no clue about things work in 3D. I tried close to all original fonts of Kunos and all have shown the same issue in my case. The only thing I noticed after it was fixed I've to redone the positions of all stuff at the Motec. So it was just a shot into the blue by my side :) sometimes a shot like this can hit the target too :p

Greets After_Midnight

Like you already know I've no clue about things work in 3D. I tried close to all original fonts of Kunos and all have shown the same issue in my case. The only thing I noticed after it was fixed I've to redone the positions of all stuff at the Motec. So it was just a shot into the blue by my side :) sometimes a shot like this can hit the target too :p

Greets After_Midnight
Yeah thanks for sharing :)
sadly its not something that is related to the actual fonts,
1 sec ,

so basically you create a helper a green dummy we call it for example,
17f45eac553d1839cf6c525e364bfb1f.png

this green dummy in max needs to be Y green up,
like here,
ef373b9c3f8f623d781392ce769c66ca.png

the you simply align this "helper" with anything you want inside the 3d world /environment,

I mean I could align this with the tires or anything I chose makes no difference to anything we create in 3d geometry,
its called "DISPLAY_DATA" ,
and that is all it is everything that is digital in the scripts aligns to the center of this green dummy,
if you have a steering wheel with a display and you require fonts on it,
then you have in the hierarchy "STEER_HR" high res mesh, "STEER_LR" low res mesh,
so then you would attach the "DISPLAY_DATA" to the "STEER_HR"

these are just locations stored inside 3d space they give "0" settings to anything at all nothing,
there is nothing to cause issues with fonts not actually working correctly,

there maybe issues with the actual fonts or there maybe issues with the scripts inside the engine that kunos built its 1 or the other or maybe both some things hardly work at all :)

Yeah thanks for sharing :)
sadly its not something that is related to the actual fonts,
1 sec ,

so basically you create a helper a green dummy we call it for example,
17f45eac553d1839cf6c525e364bfb1f.png

this green dummy in max needs to be Y green up,
like here,
ef373b9c3f8f623d781392ce769c66ca.png

the you simply align this "helper" with anything you want inside the 3d world /environment,

I mean I could align this with the tires or anything I chose makes no difference to anything we create in 3d geometry,
its called "DISPLAY_DATA" ,
and that is all it is everything that is digital in the scripts aligns to the center of this green dummy,
if you have a steering wheel with a display and you require fonts on it,
then you have in the hierarchy "STEER_HR" high res mesh, "STEER_LR" low res mesh,
so then you would attach the "DISPLAY_DATA" to the "STEER_HR"

these are just locations stored inside 3d space they give "0" settings to anything at all nothing,
there is nothing to cause issues with fonts not actually working correctly,

there maybe issues with the actual fonts or there maybe issues with the scripts inside the engine that kunos built its 1 or the other or maybe both some things hardly work at all :)
Many thanks for this explantation :thumbsup:

Reactions: CC
@chargingcar this might be a stupid idea, but I don't recall seeing the "dot" anywhere else on the dash. What if we took the font (make it custom so no other car that uses it gets effected), made the "dot" texture invisible and the problem is solved? That dot isn't missing there, the problem is when it becomes visible :) Sorry if this is a bad idea I am just brainstorming with my absolutely zero experience :roflmao:

@chargingcar this might be a stupid idea, but I don't recall seeing the "dot" anywhere else on the dash. What if we took the font (make it custom so no other car that uses it gets effected), made the "dot" texture invisible and the problem is solved? That dot isn't missing there, the problem is when it becomes visible :) Sorry if this is a bad idea I am just brainstorming with my absolutely zero experience :roflmao:
Hi I thought the same thing just go inside the fonts and simply delete the "." not sure where its located in other places I dont think its anywhere else,
issue is its a generic kunos font so will effect other cars maybe :)

Hi I thought the same thing just go inside the fonts and simply delete the "." not sure where its located in other places I dont think its anywhere else,
issue is its a generic kunos font so will effect other cars maybe :)
Yes that's why it should be duplicated with another name so nothing else is effected. And the new duplicated file would be associated with the car.

Yes that's why it should be duplicated with another name so nothing else is effected. And the new duplicated file would be associated with the car.
I mean like u could test it now and go inside the kunos fonts,
its called german_led and test it :)
delete this white "." next to the /
b6fbfb13a1c3dafeff51bbbc67b688f4.png

I mean like u could test it now and go inside the kunos fonts,
its called german_led and test it :)
delete this white "." next to the /
b6fbfb13a1c3dafeff51bbbc67b688f4.png
Yep, I painted the dot black in Paint and it works as intended. Now, if I made a copy of german_led, called it german_led_rss for example, how can I make the car use german_led_rss? So no problems are caused in Kunos cars. Is it somewhere in the data.acd or I can set it without having to access it and losing compatibility to online for example.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 36 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%