Reshade 3.0 Graphics injector for F12016 by Moiker

Misc Reshade 3.0 Graphics injector for F12016 by Moiker 5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Antonio Augusto A V Filho submitted a new resource:

Reshade 3.0 Graphics injector for F12016 by Moiker (Beta) - F1 2016 Realistic Graphics Injector

This mod uses the ReShade 3.0 (2016 version) to create a more realistic ambiance to the game. Includes custom vibrance lighting effects without significant performance loss.
ReShade is an advanced, fully post-processing injector, allowing to add to the application several new effects as advanced depth-edge-detection-driven SMAA antialiasing, screen space ambient occlusion, depth of field, chromatic aberration, dynamic film grain, automatic saturation, color correction, cross...

Read more about this resource...

Game hangs on startup with one texture left to load. tried several reinstalls but still same thing.

Edit: got past the texture load notification but then game still does not start. black screen with reshader note in top left telling me to hit shift+f2 that does nothing.

Last edited:
it doesn't work! i see this error, and the game looks like the original..

edit: i found this on the log file:

14/09/2016 17:46:11:341 [06592] | ERROR | Failed to compile 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\ReShade.fx':
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\SweetFX/Shaders/Main.h(62, 11): preprocessor error: redefinition of 'USE_SHARED'

14/09/2016 17:46:11:384 [06592] | ERROR | Failed to compile 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\Sweet.fx':
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\SweetFX/Shaders/Main.h(62, 11): preprocessor error: redefinition of 'USE_SHARED'

qaADqgq.jpg

All right,

Guys, please, try to install again,

Here some tips:

1- The Reshade installer will automatically download shaders and textures needed to apply those effects, please check if the folder reshade-shaders-master is on the game directories after Reshade installation, also check if those files are there: dxgi.dll dxgi.ini.

2- After you install Reshade (Steps 0 to 3). Open the game, if everything is normal, press SHIFT+F2. to open a Reshade window. Now click CONTINUE, and click in + (see picture below)
2016-09-14_12-50-58.jpg

3. Click on + to create a new profile, and name it F12016, exit game.
4. now copy the F12016.ini to game directories (replacing file), enter the game again and check that the effect are applied.
5. To be extra care here, exit game, open the dxgi.ini in game directories with your notepad and check this line bellow:
PresetFiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\F12016.ini
This means that the app (Reshade) is reading the F12016.ini file, that contains all the affects setup parameters, if its not reading, try do do manually, should look like this line above.

# As a last resource, If you succeed to install Reshade but don´t succeed to make Reshade see the profile settings that I create, do this:
Create a profile by (see tip 2 and 3), named as you wish, something like profile, this procedure creates a new profile file (profile.ini) in game directories, now exit game.
Open my F12016.ini profile with notepad and copy all content.
Back to game directories, open your profile profile.ini with notepad and paste the content, done !

This should fix most of the problem with installation

Sorry to wast your time on this issues.

Last edited:
having a question.Your file is a "F12016.ini" while the original has a space between like "F1 2016.ini".I backed up the original and renamed your file with a space like the original and everything seems to work fine...or am i missing something??is your file supposed to be like that???

Also some of my advanced graphic options where lowered after i applied your mod.Should i leave as changed or can i raise them back to ultra?

Nope, doesn't work did all you said and can't get game to boot so that I can press shift+f2 and make profile. Managed to get to one start light on the start up screen before it freezes and I have to three finger salute out. Funny thing is, the old Master effect for F1 2015 work's a treat.

having a question.Your file is a "F12016.ini" while the original has a space between like "F1 2016.ini".I backed up the original and renamed your file with a space like the original and everything seems to work fine...or am i missing something??is your file supposed to be like that???

Also some of my advanced graphic options where lowered after i applied your mod.Should i leave as changed or can i raise them back to ultra?

Hello Thanofski88,

If the game creates a F1 2016.ini (game profile setup), ( I didn't knew that, I don't think so ) !
Just add my F12016.ini because that is necessary for the Reshade setup, but I don't know for sure if the game itself need a F1_2016.ini, I don't think so, delete everything and see if the games runs ok.
About the graphics, yes, you can set everything to high, no problem, just be careful with low FPS below 60.

Nope, doesn't work did all you said and can't get game to boot so that I can press shift+f2 and make profile. Managed to get to one start light on the start up screen before it freezes and I have to three finger salute out. Funny thing is, the old Master effect for F1 2015 work's a treat.

Hi Dick Hobbs,
Your gaming is crashing ? Maybe if you run this in 32 bit the dxgi.ddl could crash. I'm running with WIN10 64 bits here, with no problem. I don't know for sure if this is the problem because Reshade 3.0 is also s Beta version.

When you install Reshade 3.0, you need to point the F1_2016.exe file and click on Direct3D 10+
wait for the download, and its done.

After this, start game, what happens ? If crashes, maybe the problem is Reshade3.0 with your machine, unfortunately I can't solve this right now.

Maybe the newest BETA 7 works for you, just click to download:
Reshade 3.0 B7

Hi Dick Hobbs,
Your gaming is crashing ? Maybe if you run this in 32 bit the dxgi.ddl could crash. I'm running with WIN10 64 bits here, with no problem. I don't know for sure if this is the problem because Reshade 3.0 is also s Beta version.

When you install Reshade 3.0, you need to point the F1_2016.exe file and click on Direct3D 10+
wait for the download, and its done.

After this, start game, what happens ? If crashes, maybe the problem is Reshade3.0 with your machine, unfortunately I can't solve this right now.

Maybe the newest BETA 7 works for you, just click to download:
Reshade 3.0 B7
Hi Antonio, thanks for trying, but no luck. I tried the new B7 version and it actually let me into the game, but after choosing what I wanted to do, i.e. Career, Quick race, TT etc, as soon as load was complete, the game crashes, so I never even get to the garage.

I am on W7, 64bit - 4690k - GTX970, 4G. - 16G ram.

Hello Thanofski88,

If the game creates a F1 2016.ini (game profile setup), ( I didn't knew that, I don't think so ) !
Just add my F12016.ini because that is necessary for the Reshade setup, but I don't know for sure if the game itself need a F1_2016.ini, I don't think so, delete everything and see if the games runs ok.
About the graphics, yes, you can set everything to high, no problem, just be careful with low FPS below 60.

well it works fine just wanted to clear that out...seriously you should upload your work to https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/ . Its amazing work and very very immersive.picked the game up again cause of your work!

Hi Antonio, thanks for trying, but no luck. I tried the new B7 version and it actually let me into the game, but after choosing what I wanted to do, i.e. Career, Quick race, TT etc, as soon as load was complete, the game crashes, so I never even get to the garage.

I am on W7, 64bit - 4690k - GTX970, 4G. - 16G ram.
Update: Problem solved, after retying a dozen times i decided to change dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll and "Voila" it works. Now I get to see your work, "Excellent" thanks a lot.

Note, using this method, you still have to set the path to the F1 2016.ini in the dxgi.ini

Last edited:
Update: Problem solved, after retying a dozen times i decided to change dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll and "Voila" it works. Now I get to see your work, "Excellent" thanks a lot.

Note, using this method, you still have to set the path to the F1 2016.ini in the dxgi.ini

Great ! It´s good to know.

I did not realize that this could be the problem,
We need to figure out if Reshade has, right now, support to DX12, because I think F1 2016 API is Dx12, but just to clarify this info to other players, below the full list of API'S:

Figure out which API the game uses for rendering, or any of the following DLL
names the game loads and rename the DLL you just copied to that:

Direct3D8 => d3d8.dll
Direct3D9 => d3d9.dll
Direct3D11 => d3d11.dll
Direct3D10+ => dxgi.dll
OpenGL => opengl32.dll (for 64bit too)

Thanks

Last edited:
Hm, it occurs after reloading (to avoid those "red" issues). But anyway, its a very good filter. Is it possible to sharpen the image a little bit again?

Yes you can, sure, but there some alternative ways to do this, :

First, turn on Adaptive Sharpen, this already sharpens the image, than tweak those effects below:

1-Gaussian Blur
Decrease Gaussian_Blur_Radius (set to something between 0 and 1)

2-LumaSharpen
Raise the Sharp_Strength will sharpen the image.

3-DOF
Increase the DOF_Blur_Radius to get out of focus objects with more definition.

OBS: you can turn off Gaussian Blur and DOF to remove completely the overall blur if you want.

Good luck !

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 35 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%