rF2 Endurance Pack Released - New Trailer Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rf2 BMW 2.jpg rf2 BMW.jpg rf2 corvette.jpg rf2 Norma  .jpg rf2 norma oreca.jpg rf2 porsche.jpg
The new five car 'Endurance Pack' DLC will be released tomorrow for rFactor 2, and to celebrate Studio 397 have revealed a new trailer for this exciting pack of cars.

Bringing the BMW M8 GTE to a racing simulation for the first time, the wonderful Porsche 911 RSR GTE, the beastly Chevrolet Corvette C7.R and two Prototypes in the form of the Norma M30 and Oreca 07, the brand new 'Endurance Pack' DLC release for rFactor 2 looks set fair to be one of the most impressive collections of content for the simulation since Studio 397 took control of the game back in 2016.

Making the most of the rapidly improving new DX11 build and graphic output, the new five pack of cars already look the part, and thanks to the advanced physics that the rFactor series has been renowned for in recent years, the odds of these cars living up to their visuals in the handling department remains very high indeed...

The new pack can be purchased from the rFactor 2 Steam Store for £13.15 and will release Friday 15th June.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new content yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's a modern mid engined GT with tons of downforce and some epic tires, you cant expect that to be too challenging, maybe a bit more at Le Mans, but everywhere else nah

SimRacing-GP.net runs about 50 regular racers in two divisions, grids of about 30, steady organic work by a serious and welcoming admin, you guys should check it out and other admins should take example :thumbsup:

The whole sim keeps getting better, I believe growth is happening and will go faster now
I race at SRGP

While I supported DLC I barely used and am very happy for everyone I still feel used and abused that Historic Open Wheel has languished so badly :cry: >>> lol

I doubt a modder even a convertor would leave airgaps between tyres and rims
I dunno what ISI was thinking on that one :O_o: should never have made alpha let alone a build

I bought the Oreca. It cost more à la carte, but it's the only car that interests me that I don't already have in another sim. I like non-hybrid prototypes. It doesn't look or sound all that great, and it needs more liveries. Typical S397 problems. But it's fun to drive, and they finally added realistic TC settings.

This release reminds me of why I persist with rF2 despite its numerous flaws and keep supporting the devs by buying content even if I have little intention of using it (eg Formula E). This is a really really great DLC, I'd go out on a limb and say it's the best vehicle release S397 have ever done. Hopefully it marks the start of a new era where they no longer release buggy unoptimised unfinished content. Every aspect of the pack is fantastic to me:
  • The vehicles look absolutely beautiful and detailed, the cockpit and exterior shaders are great and I don't feel like I'm playing a 2005 title.
  • They all sound f@#$ing brutal. The 911 in particular absolutely howls (SMS, take note), and the M8 with its resonance vibration is truly immersive. The sound balance between the player and other vehicles is right too.
  • There's plenty of great liveries, and the Luminis one in particular is gorgeous.
  • The cars are an absolute joy to drive - like the electronically aided powerful high downforce grip monsters they are. The FFB is spot on, detailed and informative, you can really feel the car's weight moving around. The default setups are great.
  • The AI are competitive but aren't magically 30kmh faster than the player.
  • The cars are actually optimised and you can run a decent field of them without destroying your framerate.
Basically, racing a clever AI GTE field on a technical track like Toban or Oulton Park, where all the good points of rF2 shine through, is as good as sim racing gets for me. Pricey, but absolutely worth it in my opinion. The only real drawback with this pack is that it shows up the shortcomings of the previous releases. Hopefully some of the good stuff will be back ported.

Congrats Marcel et al.
I bought the whole pack and been running 55 cars around Le Mans, have driven all the cars for about twenty laps each. Every one is superb in every way, FFB, handling, graphics and stock setups, each car handles differently but all a pleasure to drive. For what your getting I think it's cheap. For most people probably no more than 1.5 hrs pay and it's a one off payment. Great work S397. Have been watching Le Mans qualifying, the car setup for the actual race is totally different from qualifying. The car is setup so it is easy to drive for 24hrs.

While I supported DLC I barely used and am very happy for everyone I still feel used and abused that Historic Open Wheel has languished so badly :cry: >>> lol

I doubt a modder even a convertor would leave airgaps between tyres and rims
I dunno what ISI was thinking on that one :O_o: should never have made alpha let alone a build
Would be epic with an update on those for sure. One of my fav's to drive. The wilder nature and liveliness of the old school's is unmatched. So fun to drive, but feel "old" now (lol). :D

I like the view on rF2 content over the years!
First AC was much to grippy for those croweds.
Now they released an endurance pack, grip couldn’t be high enough...
Get your line straight!

Hmmm i thought ppl complained that driving in AC felt like driving on ice, that’s what I always read at least. Anyways, i enjoy both sims, i just find rF2 to have more realistic physics, it’s not about grip

I have somewhat neglectful attitude these days towards these DLC's. I want to buy all but I already know I won't be driving those cars after couple of days. Kartsim content is the only S397 content I'm still coming back. Not very often but still coming back. It might help that there's no other well made karts you can drive in VR. For me rF2 still have the same issues it had before S397 grabbed the wheel. I can't say what it is but the software just don't make me want drive more. I wish I could enjoy the same way many of you guys do.

The Norma LMP3 lacks a proper rear view mirror or LCD for it.
As does the real car ;)

Point is: on the real car, the driver can see the side mirrors.
For this virtual car this is not possible. No matter how far I can move the seat position, backwards or forward.
So right now the only solution is virtual mirror On.
Otherwise car is useless to actual racing.

Last edited:
After testing the RSR at VIR full course I must say I’m a bit disappointed!
The AC pendant feels so much more alive and challenging it’s not even funny.
This rF2 version is bunt as can be. Never expected that.
If the rest of the pack is as unengaging as this Porsche, I fear S397 will not last for much longer.
A real shame...:(:mad:

You are too slow most probably.

Point is: on the real car, the driver can see the side mirrors.
For this virtual car this is not possible. No matter how far I can move the seat position, backwards or foward.
So right now the only solution is virtual mirror On.
Otherwise car is useless to actual racing.

When I raced with a flat screen I had two buttons mapped to Look Left & Right, that helped with seeing the wing mirrors on some cars.

I understand what you're saying though but that's what the Virtual Mirrors are for really, if you start adding things to cars that don't exist in real life then others will complain even if it does improve the user experience.

In some cases I think devs of any racing sim do need to use a bit of "artistic license" to aid sim racers where that can, but then the licensee (car manufacturer) might have to approve that as well, it's not as simple as just adding a rear view monitor for the sake of it.

I wait on this one. I've bought the GT3-/FormulaE pack as well and so far I've hardly driven them. The leagues to support these cars are very rare, so I wonder if there will be a league to support this pack. First of all I'm supporting my own wallet; I'm simply not interested to buy another pack 'just to leave it on the shelf' again. A league to drive these cars is necessary and in view of the online attendees with rF2 so far since the release of the game it's a bit of a sad case. I have no interest in driving offline with a bunch of AI's. Secondly there's already the mod from Enduracers which offers a lot more cars and even FOR FREE! Some cars may be outdated, but they're still a blast to drive. I'm not sure what this pack will add up. The cars may be officially licenced, but is it worth to spend the money? Time will tell if I'm buying or not. I think further polishing up the game itself (Zandvoort, UI, etc.) will be more appreciated rather than releasing another DLC.

You have some valid points. However think for a second. How can they keep polishing rF2 without steady income? S397 bought rF2 from ISI when most users already spend the money with ISI on the base game. They need funds to survive and develop rF2 further.
I bought GT3 pack even though I pretty much drive only 650S, I've purchased GTE Endurance pack even though I'm mostly interested in the Porsche. We (as fans) should chip in to support the devs if we want the sim to evolve. Unless someone is on a very, very tight budget 15 euros is not much. Free stuff is cool but it is very short sighted to expect Studio 397 to work for free.
It's great that you've bought GT3/Formula-E pack to support them :thumbsup:. That's the kind of support they need to keep improving the sim

Since January 2017 the increase in active user base is approx. 50 users. There's also a point when you have to start thinking how likely it is that some day the software will be more popular. It is very unlikely that money could make any difference. At the same time other studios (yes, competitors) are releasing new flashy titles that drives pretty much the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 478 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 142 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.1%
Back