rF2: Nürburgring Nordschleife Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Released.jpg

Teasing time now over and done - the epic Nurburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 is finally here.

Available now via the rFactor 2 Steam Store, the new laserscanned circuit comes complete in four different racing layouts, with Studio 397 planning to add further versions as free updates in the coming months.

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66, the track is available to purchase now.

Happy lapping folks!

rF2 Nords Released 2.jpg
rF2 Nords Released 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Benchmark track for rfactor 2 --and for sim racing games in general :thumbsup::thumbsup:.
I have never had a love thing about this track ( but might need it in a online race at some point ).

After taking some laps last night I can confirm : the track surface , the surroundings ,attention for details is
jaw:O_o: dropping . no less .

This track only have 1 equal at the moment when it comes to detail --Isle of Man located in the game
TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge..

I don't think that S397 is in a position to take risks at this point. I suspect that the return from the sales will barely cover the investments made at this point and they don't have the steady income as iRacing, so they have to set the entry price point a tad higher to make sure that the existent user base has an incentive to buy the content. From my perspective the price for this track is rather moderate when I look at the other products and given the fact that we get the whole facility with more layouts to come. That said, once and if the new UI works well together with the comp infrastructure they might be able to drop the prices to reach a wider audience. But they aren't getting rich at this point.

Yes, I'm afraid about this:(. But is also a vicious circle if is too expensive you can loose buyers.
Like you, I hope that new UI, will help to win a lot of new players mostly especially in multiplayer without league and then they can test new things about their commercial policy.

So far drove about two hours GP aaaand the ring....

I really like driving on it. But am I the only one who dislikes it's modeling ? The artwork IMO is work in progress, it is just not complete, far from polished and it is just off... in my opinion. It is not on a same level of Sebring and Lemans.

enough said

don't take me wrong, RF2 doesn't look bad by any means, and its a huge step up from the other RF2 tracks, but masterpiece / best ever? .. I don't think so

GTS
Gran-Turismo-Sport-Nordschleife-preview-1.jpg

URL]

RF2
F883EC81C26AA0A61E3090B4B28F02D30DFB2DF5

68011EA5AE53CFD666F67C6EA70971B691F4118C

FC263922AD715409BB20E70BF24F773B1C723A8A

or even better, compare it in motion :)

vs ( probably the best I found)

yes RF2 has higher res texutres, but overall the details, the color palette , anyhow, have fun

What's the best album/song/artist of all time? There is no right answer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so it's whatever floats your boat really. Honestly, your video convinced me even more that I prefer RF2's version. In my opinion, the GTS version is too saturated which makes it seem more artificial to me. Also, because of the time of day in this video, the GTS version may seem more captivating because of the sun's current position and there's a bit more bloom/lens effects going on, but I don't think it's any more immersive than RF2. I would like to see a sunset comparison of both tracks (which RF2's graphics settings at max), because the RF2 video is at an aesthetic disadvantage based on the clips you provided.

In my opinion, the GTS version seems more cinematic...the RF2 version is closer to realistic.

@KittX I remember a time, when the curbs at Silverstone looked exactly like the curbs in the GTS footage posted by Patrick and everyone complained that it looked too saturated and comical. For my taste, the colour palette is a tad too much on the desaturated side for the rF2 tracks, but I wouldn't like to see them go back to 2013 colour settings.

9158955467_9cc0eb65d3_b.jpg

I perhaps liked the sky/lighting of early builds better. Was less turqoise. Although it had some other issues.
Talking about saturated curbs, well it's again a point of a whole discussion. The diffuses for rF2 are treated as albedo maps, but for correct use of albedo there's not enough additional tech at the moment (PBR is still used for cars iirc) so now the diffuses are treated more like diffuses, as i'm aware. But darkened.

So far drove about two hours GP aaaand the ring....

I really like driving on it. But am I the only one who dislikes it's modeling ? The artwork IMO is work in progress, it is just not complete, far from polished and it is just off... in my opinion. It is not on a same level of Sebring and Lemans.

When you disagree with this make sure if you disagree with the statements like: "the only one who dislikes", or "really like driving on it". As far as i understand you disagree that I am the only one who dislikes looks of it, and/or that i enjoy driving on it, though IDK how you can disagree with that in the first place lol

When you disagree with this make sure if you disagree with the statements like: "the only one who dislikes", or "really like driving on it". As far as i understand you disagree that I am the only one who dislikes looks of it, and/or that i enjoy driving on it, though IDK how you can disagree with that in the first place lol
You expressed several opinions in one post and some people disagree with some of it but obviously those opinions had more weight to them so they rated entire post as disagree. That is the problem with forums and lack of complex ratings.

I actually was having similar thoughts recently, but was comparing even not to GT sport but GT5 version. To me, GT5 Nords has all the colours and nature just nailed. Of course it's rf1-level technology there, simple 2d trees and simplistic grass shaders, but the colors and lighting.... No other title matched it by the visual resembling of a real place, imo. And i'm not talking about the complicated meshes, higher res textures and more details, obviously newer titles and newly released tracks have got it much better.
GT Sport rendering engine has better dynamic range, though.

You cannot compare the baked lighting of GT5 to the dynamic lighting of rF2 and other graphic engines: the former will almost always look better, at the expense of being fixed for eternity.
Dynamic lighting can look really dull and generally looks better in the morning or at the end of the day, when the sun is lower and there are more shadows. Speaking of which, it might not be a coincidence that the default track time for the Nords is 10h40.

hi, you guys keep releasing DLC but what about the H pattern shifter cars? you can buy great pedals sets in the range of thousand of dollars yet you can simply change gears without pressing the clutch on this "sim", just by moving the shifter
I haven't turned RF2 on for awhile, but I remember having to play with settings in R3E to get that working...Same problem possibly for RF2? I will eventually find out for myself using an ol' race car, but if someone already has an answer that'll be great.
*not at my gaming rig atm and I would find it hard to believe the H-shifter not working properly in RF2

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%