rF2 | Radical SR3 XX Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have been incredibly busy of late, having today confirmed their third piece of content for the simulation in quick succession.

The brand new Radical SR3 XX joins the recently released New York E-Prix and Ferrari 488 GTE within the simulation, and is available to purchase with immediate effect from the rF2 Steam Store, for around £4.50.

From the release post:

There’s been a lot of announcements and fresh new content to play with lately, but we’re far from finished. Today it is time to introduce you to a truly unique choice for race drivers, combining everything you want in a race car. Fast, lightweight, nimble and with the looks to ensure that you won’t go unnoticed on any server.

Our world is an evolving and developing place. Motorsport is continuously moving forward. So is sim racing and technology in general. To be a front runner, you have to always stay on top of this movement. Being up the front is exactly where the new Radical SR3 XX belongs. It’s not just a faster but also a smarter car! So we are proud to collaborate with Radical Sportscars on its launch. You can read all about it on their website: the world’s best selling race car just got smarter!

rF2 Radical 1.jpg
rF2 Radical 2.jpg
rF2 Radical 3.jpg

The SR3 XX is the evolution of the best-selling race car in the world, the SR3 which was first introduced in 2001. While the styling mostly remained untouched with just a few key elements setting the XX apart from its predecessor, underneath it’s an all new track weapon.

Radical knows that not just the car needs to evolve to be quicker, but that also drivers need the best tools to move forward and develop themselves. That’s the reason for all the new bits and pieces mainly by provided by AiM. The first thing noticed by drivers as most prominent change is probably the new steering wheel. A brand new Formula style steering wheel, fully packed with technology normally only found in high-level single-seaters and Le Mans Prototypes. Functioning basically as the HUB, the new AiM steering wheel now gives the driver access to all kind of new functionalities to access, evaluate and analyze data, helping to improve on track.

The fresh SR3 XX is still powered by the 4th Gen RPE-Suzuki engine including a dry sump oil system as standard. The power plant is hooked up to a six-speed sequential gearbox with paddle shift and auto-blip function, a Quaife limited-slip differential taking care of getting enough traction out of the corner.

With only 620 kg total weight, the Radical SR3 XX is the perfect tool to carve your way through all kind of combinations of corners.

You can buy the car now in our Steam Store! We will be hosting a launch event later today, details of which are towards the bottom of the announcement on Radical’s site.

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the sim? Start a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum and let our community offer you the benefit of their massive combined experience.

rF2 Radical 4.jpg

'I buy every content from every Sim (AC, ACC, AMS, AMS2, R3E etc.). ' I'm sorry but, what on earth is your point this is ridiculous haha.

It's like saying ' there's so much choice at my local supermarket, how on earth do they expect me to buy everything and fit it in my car? Grrrrr

You've only got your self to blame.

hmm OK

Why is the position panels in the wrong spot for GTE and why are they green like the GT3 cars and not red like the other GTE cars?
Because they used the GT3 model and flagged it as GTE (while on cockpit view rotate the cam and you will find the GT3 logo).
They did the same with Aston, same model small physics differences.
Fun fact, you will pay 5€ extra for GT3 when will be released.

Because they used the GT3 model and flagged it as GTE (while on cockpit view rotate the cam and you will find the GT3 logo).
They did the same with Aston, same model small physics differences.
Fun fact, you will pay 5€ extra for GT3 when will be released.

Yeah I was being a little facetious. I don't know how people can claim their quality is so amazing when details like that are clearly overlooked and issues like this are still plaguing past released content. Like the Aston GTE still has it's position panel in the wrong spot, and it took how many months to correct the dash saying GT3?

Amazing pics but I have to ask: this is the game's graphics quality cranked to the max settings for taking pics only?

Or I guess what I'm really asking is if any current PC can run rF2 at that visual quality at say 90FPS at triple 1080p (or at least single 1440p)?
It's the same settings I use for racing. You can notice that for example shadows are rather pixelated and not at their best. It's not even downsampled, which is a pretty standard practice for making screenshots. I run the game at 1920x1200 and 60 fps. I could run it at higher framerate, but probably wouldn't consistently reach 120 fps, so I don't bother. I probably could run it at 1440p very close to 60 fps.

But as always, it's with my ReShade. It's not a dramatic difference without it, though, it just warms up the colors a bit and slightly adjusts contrast/gamma/exposure.

Amazing pics but I have to ask: this is the game's graphics quality cranked to the max settings for taking pics only?

Or I guess what I'm really asking is if any current PC can run rF2 at that visual quality at say 90FPS at triple 1080p (or at least single 1440p)?
I'd say my 1080ti /7700k would get close to 5760x1080 at 90 fps on official content with maxed settings ;) I seem more cpu limited though so have lowered Ai.

It's the same settings I use for racing. You can notice that for example shadows are rather pixelated and not at their best. It's not even downsampled, which is a pretty standard practice for making screenshots. I run the game at 1920x1200 and 60 fps. I could run it at higher framerate, but probably wouldn't consistently reach 120 fps, so I don't bother. I probably could run it at 1440p very close to 60 fps.

But as always, it's with my ReShade. It's not a dramatic difference without it, though, it just warms up the colors a bit and slightly adjusts contrast/gamma/exposure.
I'd say my 1080ti /7700k would get close to 5760x1080 at 90 fps on official content with maxed settings ;) I seem more cpu limited though so have lowered Ai.

Oh ok thanks guys...I haven't run rF2 in a while (last time was when the new UI was first released) and It's always been a struggle to keep frame rates in the triple digits at 5760x1080 without reducing the effects quality and depth of field effects. Even so, when I crank it up it never seems to look as good as the pictures (always seems a little jagged even with AA applied). I'll have to fire it up again and mess around with it some more...I'm on an 8700K and 2080 so I should be able to do the same, but maybe my AI is too high.

Oh ok thanks guys...I haven't run rF2 in a while (last time was when the new UI was first released) and It's always been a struggle to keep frame rates in the triple digits at 5760x1080 without reducing the effects quality and depth of field effects. Even so, when I crank it up it never seems to look as good as the pictures (always seems a little jagged even with AA applied). I'll have to fire it up again and mess around with it some more...I'm on an 8700K and 2080 so I should be able to do the same, but maybe my AI is too high.
In replays I do struggle (that's the only time I've noticed DOF) but while driving I do have everything maxed but I do cap to 60 fps and use 40 Ai and GPU was around 50-80%, If I wanted to get higher FPS I would lower so of the settings that do do as much to visuals (I don't use rain in rF2, looks poor) like rain drops and reflections (already run at a low framerate even with max settings.

I just tested the unlocked framerate out of curiosity, with these Radicals on Nordschleife. Seems like I kinda underestimated my setup, since I normally only run at 60 fps. In my usual 1920x1200, I'm getting pretty much locked 120 fps, sometimes more, and it's most of the time only limited by CPU. In 2560x1600 (so the 16:10 1440p equivalent), I still get 100+ fps. And in 4K, I get between 35 and 70 depending on where on the track it is.

Ok I just tried again: Senna GTR @ Monaco (Azure) at 5pm by myself with most the good stuff set to full/high (no ultra and shadows are on low) and the effects and AA at high and level 4. Getting around 105 FPS average. Will mess around some more as I like to be at least at 120 FPS when running solo in the day on all sims.

another question: is the new UI still accesible only in beta?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%