rFactor Simulation Career - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knocked me? :D
It was one of the AI drivers, I think it was Cheng. Do people kinda like the skin I've given the AI's? I chose that as it was completely different to everyone else's skins and was instantly recognisable. The window colour is different for each driver. I've diddled around with the settings and Heidfeld has qualified quite low, so I hop his race performance is a bit closer to everyone else. ;)

Toban Reverse Qualifying.
toban.jpg
Anti-clockwise.

gH3IR8f.jpg

Aidan Keranen and Andrea Belicchi show their affinity with the Toban circuit by converting their 1st and 3rd qualifying results into a 1st and 2nd on the reverse layout. 1st test winner Nick Heidfeld qualified a disappointing 19th, to the delight of everyone else, after a severe BOP was implemented on his car.

I hope to be able to show you a video, I will make sure I make a video for a test race before we start the main series proper.

Toban Race
Fastest Lap: Andrea Belicchi - 1:24.108

Heidfeld One-stops to victory.
Nick Heidfeld may have won his second test race, but he had to work for it. The German spent most of the race battling in the midfield, but capitalised on the free air when all his rival pitted to grind out an impressive victory, after most other runners two-stopped. Danny Watts followed home second with Anthony Davidson rounding off the podium. The race was crazy. Jimmy Laad took the lead on lap 5 and extended it to 16 seconds, but within two laps of this impressive feat, he was down in 14th place, with no obvious cause. His race came to a scary end halfway through after running wide on the penultimate corner and colliding with Rami Saidy upon rejoining. Laad rolled a few times on the racing line, as cars tried and failed to avoid the rolling car. Laad received a medical check-up but was declared fit for the first race of the season in Groningen.
ThEaV7O.jpg

Last edited:
BOP for Heidfeld will be adjusted again, but as I said, he spent the whole race stuck in a cataclysmic battle involving about 10 cars. At one point, about half an hour in, Keranen and Mauri were running away with it, they broke away and almost started lapping everyone else, who had stayed in a decent clump.

I will open the market soon and the next race I do, will be Round 1.

Last edited:
Nice, but some of the overtakings look superficial i think. For example at some point, Aidan's car slowed down ridicilously while three cars overtook him one by one. Also the retirement rate will always be this low?

Nice, but some of the overtakings look superficial i think. For example at some point, Aidan's car slowed down ridicilously while three cars overtook him one by one. Also the retirement rate will always be this low?
No, it should get higher at different tracks. The performance is so different because minimum race skill is so low. As it gets upgraded, people won't be so varied and that won't happen. It's all part of the game and I wanted it to be low like that at the start.

Right then.
MARKET IS OPEN
Prices and starting money are detailed in the first post. I still need major and minor colours for some teams, so can they be detailed in your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%