Rich Summer skin for Kunos Brands Hatch

Tracks Rich Summer skin for Kunos Brands Hatch V2h

Login or Register an account to download this content
TheNuvolari submitted a new resource:

Realistic Summer skin for Kunos Brands Hatch - Here's my take on realistic colors & improved textures for Brands!

I present you my first try of making a realisic track season skin for Assetto Corsa!

I was never satisfied with the teal-ish, digital looking vegetation textures of AC, especially Brands Hatch's. After seeing the generational leap of the track in ACC I felt like I should do something similar in the first game.

Pictures:
Before...

Read more about this resource...

Good work. These Kunos trees look bad, I never liked them, they look like
cardboards, they put me off, poor immersion... I never loaded the original
skin since a winter skin mod was released by Deem, if I recall the name
correctly. These are bare winter trees that look pretty realistic. The spring
original Kunos trees look awful in comparison.

Good work. These Kunos trees look bad, I never liked them, they look like
cardboards, they put me off, poor immersion... I never loaded the original
skin since a winter skin mod was released by Deem, if I recall the name
correctly. These are bare winter trees that look pretty realistic. The spring
original Kunos trees look awful in comparison.
Thanks! I agree! The Kunos trees are some of the worst I've ever seen in a video game. I recently watched a video of GTR2 and the trees looked better. Like a lot. I know trees are not supposed to be a priority in a simulator but when there is an alley where the branches of the trees hang inside the track then I think it should be a minimum to not make them miscolored or digital looking with dark spots instead of transparent holes. Luckily they recognized this in later added tracks, so I used textures from those.

Check out the Winter Nordschleife: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/in-the-dead-of-winter-new-nordschleife-season.18962/

This one is my favorite track skin ever!

Last edited:
Cool! Overall looks nice with pure! Though I have no idea why I don't have the leaves on the 3D trees like in your video. Mine look like winter trees with no greenery at all.
Oh that's odd. I assume in CSP under Weather setting you have "Use Seasonal Adjustments" turned off? I also usually set the date in the Drive menu to June or July for optimal conditions.

Oh that's odd. I assume in CSP under Weather setting you have "Use Seasonal Adjustments" turned off? I also usually set the date in the Drive menu to June or July for optimal conditions.
I turned seasonal adjustments on and off, set date to May/June/July, reverted to an earlier CSP version, nothing happened. It sucks because I wanted to edit the color of the branches too.
I'll have a deeper look into it tomorrow nevertheless!

I don’t understand the part about 3D trees. Is this based on the new csp 1.8, the trees are still billboards using this skin. Sorry I’m not sure if I’ve Missed something
Some trees on vanilla tracks, that are very close to the track itself, are 3D (pretty basic looking though). Brands Hatch is a prime example, it has several 3D tree models close to the barriers to make you feel the whole track is surrounded by a dense forest. This was always the case since the very first version of AC.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%