RIP Niki Lauda: 1949-2019

A fantastic driver, a tenacious competitor, but above all, an example of just how good people can be. His battle against the odds after his horrendous accident was a lesson in courage and sheer guts. He was a well deserved legend during his lifetime, and for all times. He will definitely be remembered for all time as one of the greatest. Rest in Peace Good Sir, you will be missed.

Such a sad news, saw it on my tv yesterday. Another legend is gone. :unsure:
Guess it's time for "Rush" rerun, as some kind of personal homage.
Knowing myself... there will be a lot of tears.

I think one thing, which differentiates him from nearly anyone else in the F1 circus was his straight honesty.

Sometimes it made him sound unfriendly but he was authentic with no need to be liked by everyone.

Very well done Nicky! :thumbsup:

Such a sad news, saw it on my tv yesterday. Another legend is gone. :unsure:
Guess it's time for "Rush" rerun, as some kind of personal homage.
Knowing myself... there will be a lot of tears.

One of the best films about racing. Daniel Brühl and Chris Hemsworth really made me feel watching James vs Nicky.

My first racing Hero !
RIP Mister Andreas Nikolaus Lauda and thank you very much for all you done by racing, bravery and personality.

The first Tamya model I done was the Ferrari 312T and my huge respect to him never changed !

:inlove:

:thumbsup: Tamiya's 1/12 scale Ferrari 312T was my first, too! I built it because Lauda was one of my heroes but I also fell in love with all of Tamiya's "Big Scale" series. I built Hunt's Marlboro McLaren and eventually the entire catalog.

Godspeed Niki

farewell niki.jpg

Truly a sad day. What a warrior and a champion in all aspects of life. He had to overcome so much and always did it with a zest for life. An inspiration and an idol for all that grew up watching him and for generations to come.

I was reading an article about his life on another website and what he achieved in his career was remarkable. A true fighter in many ways.

Not just in F1 but the way he made his way up through he rankings. Loan after loan, no real support from his family (he was racing against their wishes for most of it). Racing in mostly uncompetitive cars with little reward. However someone like Enzo Ferrari saw something special in him and took him on. From there he drove that team forward and developed a brilliant relationship with their engineers to deliver the goods. In some ways it's a remarkable story. Even more so when you consider his accident, the subsequent retirement and then coming back again for McLaren and delivering the goods again. It just wouldn't happen today. His whole approach changed the way drivers had to work in F1 (much like when Schumacher arrived).

I saw this cartoon via FB yesterday and it sums up my thoughts exactly, RIP Niki

60923648_1951237658314718_8599577274615857152_o.jpg

Lauda was the inspiration for a lot of people entering the sport of motor racing.
I remember as a young boy in the 70s, meeting up every Saturday morning to race Scalextric cars.
About 6-8 of us would show up bright and early...each bringing a different sections of track.
We'd meet on the wrap-around veranda of this one school mate...then proceed to race all day until his dad 'kicked' us out at around 6-7 PM.
Everybody wanted to be the next Niki Lauda in those days.
Three of us went into different forms of racing.

Last edited:
I saw this cartoon via FB yesterday and it sums up my thoughts exactly, RIP Niki

60923648_1951237658314718_8599577274615857152_o.jpg

I was hoping someone would make something like this. I was thinking of doing it as well. Maybe James in the pits taking off the seat belt for him and Niki looking up smiling.

I think this song is appropriate. Many of you weren't even around when it was made:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 104 71.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 25.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 30 20.5%