Robert Kubica

The fact that his hand is still in bad shape tells the extent of the injuries. I believe it's nervedamage and that may take up to ten years to heal if it heals ever.. Speculation but i fear the worst, allthou look at Zanardi, he doesn't have legs and he's a winner.. maybe Kubica will return as the first onehanded driver. I hope not, i would prefer of getting him back in 101% shape.
Apparently he did some rally driving a few days ago in a Fabia WRC and his pace wasn't exactly (as one reporter called it) of a "stroll" kind. Apparently he'd done some driving even before that, so his condition can't be as bad as some people (Alguersuari) say it is.
Here's a pic.
EDIT: And two others.
kubica_rovegno.jpg
normal_428691_340764975975669_317479264970907_1059288_19681419_n%5B1%5D.jpg

Then, we have to ask ourselves some questions before we get all carried away.

Have we any pictures of the right hand?
Yes - however, it always looks to be in a bit unnatural position.
Is there a picture of Kubica even sitting in a car, let alone driving it?
I've not seen any
Do we know how he got the car to the test? Was it on the back of a truck driven by someone else?
No idea
How fast was he in the test?
No Idea
Is the car modified for the injury?
No Idea
Is there a picture of him holding anything in his right hand?
Nope.
Can he grip with his right hand?
Nothing proved.

A rally car i´m sure isn´t legal to drive on public roads.
Well, I have no idea about rules and laws down in Italy. In Norway you are allowed to drive between stages/service, and from your house to a place where it is organized practice (That Kubica-thingy would count as organized practice).

Anyway - that was far from the point with that question. It is Kubica's private car afaik. Therefor polish license plates. However, there are no info about where that car is kept.
Or did they take with a normal car with a trailer behind. If so, did he drive that car?

Instead you are going sarcastic, it's getting extremely tiresome.

Well, I have no idea about rules and laws down in Italy. In Norway you are allowed to drive between stages/service, and from your house to a place where it is organized practice (That Kubica-thingy would count as organized practice).

Anyway - that was far from the point with that question. It is Kubica's private car afaik. Therefor polish license plates. However, there are no info about where that car is kept.
Or did they take with a normal car with a trailer behind. If so, did he drive that car?

Instead you are going sarcastic, it's getting extremely tiresome.
I think you are over-analyzing every little thing regarding Kubica.

Did he also jump into his race gear to watch the rally car go round and round and round? Probably not.
So the most likely and logical explanation was that he actually did do some rallying.

I´m not sarcastic in any way. Stop over-analyzing minute things or focusing on what i do.
I´m sure they had a trailer for the car since they have a trailer for everything else regarding the car.

I think you are over-analyzing every little thing regarding Kubica.
Or just trying to get to know what facts we actually do have about this. We know next to nothing.

Did he also jump into his race gear to watch the rally car go round and round and round? Probably not.
So the most likely and logical explanation was that he actually did do some rallying.
Some years ago, while I was on my peak as a race driver I got in an accident which destroyed some nerves in my body. I wanted to get in a car before I could drive myself, to feel the forces, the speed. To get into it again. We know it is Kubica's car. And he was there, wearing a race suit. But we don't know if he was driving, if he was a co-driver. If the car was modified to fit a driver which can only use one hand. If it was original...
We know he was in Italy. With his Fabia WRC. With racesuit on. That's all we know. And like every other thing about Kubic after the accident. We don't know much.

I´m not sarcastic in any way. Stop over-analyzing minute things or focusing on what i do.
I´m sure they had a trailer for the car since they have a trailer for everything else regarding the car.
It's a result of more than one thing here. Not over-analyzing anything about you. Actually, it's more the opposite. That I decide not to read/answer, because I know that you easily will pick on the smallest little thing. There must be a reason why I'm far from the only one getting tired of this.
You are sure, but you don't actually know. And everyone know nothing more about Kubica than we did. Other than he might have become a bit fatter, and that he wears a norwegian flag!

You are sure, but you don't actually know.
We can´t be sure the sun will go up tomorrow either.
If he was just tagging along, don´t you think the article would state just that?
I´m done here, analyze that.

There must be a reason why I'm far from the only one getting tired of this.
That´s an interesting comment. Something i´ve yet see as many of the people i´ve had discussions with have also PM:d me and talked about other stuff with.

Maybe they realize that because we don´t agree on a matter or comments about a specific thing does not mean the person is an idiot.
Maybe you should learn that as well.

Funny thing is that I have never seen you agree on something. :p
You should read more of my posts then :)

And if you look at the other side of the coin, the person i´m talking to don´t agree with me so i guess it goes both way eh?
I´m the first guy saying we should end the conversation because it leads nowhere. I have yet to see that from any of the people i´ve had discussions with.

Are we really sure that is Kubica? I know it looks like him but let´s be honest here. We don´t have DNA samples of him being anywhere near a go cart track..

And back to reality, this shows a lot. Anyone who has done karting knows how demanding it is on your arms/hands.
even for a person who never runs Karts but do 10 minutes at the local track will usually feel it the day after.

And also considering F1 cars have power steering i´d say the chance of seeing Kubica in F1 is starting to look much more realistic.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.8%