rF2 ROOKIE EVENT (Freemium) Mazda MX-5 @ LimeRockPark Sun 29 January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
sorry missed that, done now
Hi Sam.
You are doing the right thing fella.
You won't look back, I'm sure.
Look forward to seeing you on track.
I'll be sending everybody an invitation to a Discord channel which has been set up by one of the AC hosts. This will enable non-Premium members to join us in voice chat, so we'll all be invited to that.
For now, I'll invite you to a conversation which has the password to enter the race server in the opening post.

Cheers :thumbsup:

ok i'm in! i installed rF2 on my pc yesterday and got it up and running. serious rookie here, but i'll try to get some practice in before the big race.
thx.
Welcome to the wonderful world of rF2. :D
I'll add you to the list and also to the password conversation. :)
Look forward to seeing you on Sunday. :thumbsup:

I just want to let you know I changed my profile name to paul75 from paulsmartcars as I thought that was the changing name part but have got it wrong but have put it right.hope you understand what I have done

and
1674840226270.png

:)

No worries that it takes some trial&error. Rookie racing after all! Step by step! :)

I just want to let you know I changed my profile name to paul75 from paulsmartcars as I thought that was the changing name part but have got it wrong but have put it right.hope you understand what I have done
Welcome Paul.
If you have any questions, you can ask in this thread or you can ask me via PM if you prefer.
Look forward to seeing you on track. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the wonderful world of rF2. :D
I'll add you to the list and also to the password conversation. :)
Look forward to seeing you on Sunday. :thumbsup:
excellent! yes, i noticed right away what ppl mean regarding the FFB, physics, car handling characteristics, etc with rF2. the driving experience has a good feel to it. looking forward to the race for sure.

couple of quick questions:
1. the steering in the Mazda feels a bit twitchy, and the wheel has a very short turning radius as compared to the other cars i tried driving. i notice that the wheel in the sim is not synchronized in terms of position when turning as my actual physical wheel. is that just the way it is or is there a way to adjust?
2. i subscribed to the Mazda on Steam. however, i notice there is also a Mazda spec Miata available for download here on RD. is there a difference? am i better off downloading / installing the Miata from RD?
all feedback is truly appreciated!

excellent! yes, i noticed right away what ppl mean regarding the FFB, physics, car handling characteristics, etc with rF2. the driving experience has a good feel to it. looking forward to the race for sure.

couple of quick questions:
1. the steering in the Mazda feels a bit twitchy, and the wheel has a very short turning radius as compared to the other cars i tried driving. i notice that the wheel in the sim is not synchronized in terms of position when turning as my actual physical wheel. is that just the way it is or is there a way to adjust?
2. i subscribed to the Mazda on Steam. however, i notice there is also a Mazda spec Miata available for download here on RD. is there a difference? am i better off downloading / installing the Miata from RD?
all feedback is truly appreciated!
You will need the Spec Miata. It's on Steam. The subscribe page is linked in the OP of this thread. You should also subscibe to the track - also linked.
I don't have the virtual steering wheel turned on, so I'm not 100% sure how to synch rotation. As far as degrees of rotation goes, there is a checkbox somewhere in the settings to use the same rotaion as the mod uses by default.
Hang on, I'll check. :)

Edit: It's Range Set by Vehicle in the controller calibration menu.

Last edited:

That surely is a setting, as my two wheels are synced regardless of car. Cannot remember were right now. I'll come back to you if I figure it out! :)

You will need the Spec Miata. It's on Steam. The subscribe page is linked in the OP of this thread. You should also subscibe to the track - also linked.
I don't have the virtual steering wheel turned on, so I'm not 100% sure how to synch rotation. As far as degrees of rotation goes, there is a checkbox somewhere in the settings to use the same rotaion as the mod uses by default.
Hang on, I'll check. :)

Edit: It's Range Set by Vehicle in the controller calibration menu.
got it, i'll check it! thx.

Hi Denis and everyone! Im barely new here, so I would like to know if I also can register to race on Sunday. Thanks!
Yes of course. :)
We're very happy to have you join us and we look forward to seeing you on Sunday. :)

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

ok, dumb question #1: how do i find the race server...??? i went to the multi-player tab in the game and searched for 'RDMX-5' but it did not find the server..

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.8%