AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Mugello(Live Stream) - Friday 19th May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
upload_2017-5-19_18-41-6.png

Hey Chris, I´m sorry for having f#%*ed up your race! So angry with myself.

Hey Achim do you mean me? I had a little tangle with someone about half way through, but if that's the one you're talking about - thanks - but no need to feel bad.

I just love racing so close with people. After the tangle, I just found some more people to race close with.

I absolutely, utterly, loved it all. Hope your race turned out OK (if it was you!).

Great start of the race, made up a few positions, then got taken out by someone dive bombing me once again, I think I've got a magnet for people crashing into me (this guy wasn't even near the yellow in heli corsa when I was going into the corner), tried to close the gap after but was too hard with not getting slipstreams either.

This is probably cliché and I'm not really the one to say this but most of are novices, me in particular, however please try be a gentleman when racing, the race isn't won on the first lap, if you struggle to stop without locking up too i'd recommend putting ABS on, auto clutch and auto blip, it'll help with control a hell of a lot and when you start to get more confident try turning them off.

I really do struggle to enjoy these rookie races when i'm being taken out by someone on all of them :unsure:

A quick sorry to Januszewski for bump. Just missed braking point.:(
How do you get the tyres up to race temp in these ?
Well thanks for the apology, I didn't want to name n shame, as for the tyres with these you get them up to temp by going round a couple of laps a bit steadier than full pace, I think you struggled to stop because you lifted off the brakes 100% for half a second and went full throttle instead :)

Holy moly that was way too intense :roflmao:. Didn't except it but managed to take the pole in the last seconds of qualifying so I could start the race from the front row.

The start went allright but had to give away P1 in turn 1. What followed was 10 minutes of butt clench racing for the lead where at the end off each lap I had to retake P1 in the first or the last corner.

The racing was very close and fair and somewhere near the 15 minute mark the guys fighting over P2 made contact and spun off I believe.

Still, after that followed 15 minutes of keeping my foot down and try not to make many mistakes as this car can be quite deadly once you start to lose the rear end.

Near the end P2 came closer and closer as the tension rose and I started to make small mistakes but I still managed to keep a fairly save lead and win the race.

I must say this was one of the more intense races I've had in my simracing days so you'll be seeing more of me here! :D

I've also saved the replay so I'll see of I can get some nice shots over the fight for P1 to P3.

Was a really nice and intense race! You simply get into the Top Ten by not making contact :O_o:
These car are as deadly on the slipping rear as they are fun! :p

Does someone have the results for Server 1? my json is broken somehow...
How to: documents\assetto corsa\out. Take the race json ans upload it to simresults :)

Holy moly that was way too intense :roflmao:. Didn't except it but managed to take the pole in the last seconds of qualifying so I could start the race from the front row.

The start went allright but had to give away P1 in turn 1. What followed was 10 minutes of butt clench racing for the lead where at the end off each lap I had to retake P1 in the first or the last corner.

The racing was very close and fair and somewhere near the 15 minute mark the guys fighting over P2 made contact and spun off I believe.

Still, after that followed 15 minutes of keeping my foot down and try not to make many mistakes as this car can be quite deadly once you start to lose the rear end.

Near the end P2 came closer and closer as the tension rose and I started to make small mistakes but I still managed to keep a fairly save lead and win the race.

I must say this was one of the more intense races I've had in my simracing days so you'll be seeing more of me here! :D

I've also saved the replay so I'll see of I can get some nice shots over the fight for P1 to P3.

It was brilliant Jeroen - I was there fighting with you those first few laps.

I captured the VR view and a video is just brewing up now. I'll upload and link as soon as it's ready - I can't wait to watch it!

Hey Achim do you mean me? I had a little tangle with someone about half way through, but if that's the one you're talking about - thanks - but no need to feel bad.

I just love racing so close with people. After the tangle, I just found some more people to race close with.

I absolutely, utterly, loved it all. Hope your race turned out OK (if it was you!).
If you are Chris Holden..., yes.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 144 65.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 100 45.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 103 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 61 27.9%
Back