AC RSS FIA GT @ Road America - Sunday 8th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Probably a filter like no password protected servers or missing content?
Cheers, I may need someone to help with the real names with TeamViewer. I think they're in because I can choose them from the car menu but it's the copying some other files to get in the server which I have no clue about lol

'Extract here' in your docs or wherever and select/highlight the 6 cars that appear. Copy.
1672848113787.png

Right click somewhere in cars and hit paste
1672848178237.png

Select replace the files in this destination. That's it. If you still get a checksum you might need to download the lastest update (version 6) from your RSS account/emails. To go back to normal repeat these steps using the _default_v6 compressed folder.
1672848217846.png

Hope thats helps
Cheers, I may need someone to help with the real names with TeamViewer. I think they're in because I can choose them from the car menu but it's the copying some other files to get in the server which I have no clue about lol

Last edited:
Put me on the list too :)
Monday starting late next week!

Are we able to select skins with the new server tool?
There's a Lister skin with my name on it but if we can't select skins (yet), I'll take a Saleen.

Put me on the list too :)
Monday starting late next week!

Are we able to select skins with the new server tool?
There's a Lister skin with my name on it but if we can't select skins (yet), I'll take a Saleen.

I seen that skin, meant to say it to you! What's the story there!?

That whole side of the server manager isn't working yet unfortunately. If you are the only Lister it could be organised though! I'm switching to the viper. It's a bit slower going than the lister but fun to waft about in!

Could you switch me to the Lambo for now please Brian

Not giving up on the viper, but I can't seem to dial out that understeer and at the moment I'm almost 2s quicker in the lambo :whistling: Really enjoying it around here. Seems it likes american kerbs better than italian :laugh:

Last edited:
I seen that skin, meant to say it to you! What's the story there!?

That whole side of the server manager isn't working yet unfortunately. If you are the only Lister it could be organised though! I'm switching to the viper. It's a bit slower going than the lister but fun to waft about in!
If I stay to be the only Lister, that would be sweet :D

The story is:
A few years ago the RSS Team, after getting a perfect recognition for their formula cars, created the GT1 thread out of the blue and lots of people got hyped!
I played "Sports Car GT" on the PC with a Logitech Joystick as a kid and loved it. Many mornings I sat in the massive chair of my parents and had a 2-3 hours gaming session.
It's from 1999 (I'm a '91).
The game starts with some tuned M3 or Porsche. The GTQ class.
You can buy lots of upgrades like ECU, engine, Gearbox, suspension, aero, tyres etc. Not really realistic but it was a lot of fun!
Iirc you start as one of the slowest cars and upgrade it. You can buy the higher class cars right away but you have by far not enough money so you mostly need one season to upgrade the car you have, then a second season to get podium finishes and then buy the next car.
You can then decide to race third season at the front while putting the price money into the next higher car or race at the back with the new car.

I absolutely loved it! Sadly not possible with a racing sim due to way more accurate physics and no tuning options irl apart from F1.

The top class were the GT1 with Lister Storm, Saleen, Panoz, Porsche etc.
My love for Road Atlanta and Donington comes from that game too :D

Anyway, when I saw that GT1 thread, I got a massive flash of nostalgia and then the RSS livery guy asked if some people would like their names on the cars since they couldn't use real driver names but would like to have names on each livery.

He also asked for livery ideas for the Lister and I posted some images from the Sports Car GT liveries I still remembered.
So he created the "abibas" livery according to my screenshots and put my name on it :inlove::geek:

There are a few other names from the AC club on the cars but I think I'm the only one still racing here :)

PS: the Sports Car GT Lister was a LOT easier to control haha

Last edited:
Could you switch me to the Lambo for now please Brian

Not giving up on the viper, but I can't seem to dial out that understeer and at the moment I'm almost 2s quicker in the lambo :whistling: Really enjoying it around here. Seems it likes american kerbs better than italian :laugh:

That's done Robert. I thought the viper might be a bit quicker here than imola and maybe up to pace with the Lambo and 575...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%