RSS Formula Hybrid X Evo - Formula 1 2022 Season Skinpack

Skins RSS Formula Hybrid X Evo - Formula 1 2022 Season Skinpack 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
shadow118 submitted a new resource:

Formula Hybrid X 2022 Evo - Formula 1 2022 Season Skinpack - Formula 1 2022 Season skinpack for RSS Formula Hybrid X Evo

Formula 1 2022 Season skinpack for RSS Formula Hybrid X Evo.
Includes all of my 2022 liveries in one place.

This pack has 22 liveries (including the pink Alpines, which are not pictured, I can only add 10 screens here)

View attachment 548235View attachment 548236View attachment 548237View attachment 548238View attachment 548239View attachment 548240View attachment 548242[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Brilliant skin pack, thank you for your hard work!

I am not seeing the skin for the tyres (tested in Hotlap Mode). The tyre skins are visible in showroom but not on track.

What am I missing?

Brilliant skin pack, thank you for your hard work!

I am not seeing the skin for the tyres (tested in Hotlap Mode). The tyre skins are visible in showroom but not on track.

What am I missing?
Hybrid X Evo changes tires depending on which compound you pick (this needs CSP to work). I just made tire skins for each livery to show up in the showroom, but in-game that tire system should work (unless you've disabled it). By default it would show the RSS Forza tires, but there are mods out there that replace them with Pirelli tires.
I might do my own version of that, maybe when I update the skinpack

tldr: if you're seeing Forza tires, it's probably fine, if you're seeing blank tires, then I don't know what the issue is

Hybrid X Evo changes tires depending on which compound you pick (this needs CSP to work). I just made tire skins for each livery to show up in the showroom, but in-game that tire system should work (unless you've disabled it). By default it would show the RSS Forza tires, but there are mods out there that replace them with Pirelli tires.
I might do my own version of that, maybe when I update the skinpack

tldr: if you're seeing Forza tires, it's probably fine, if you're seeing blank tires, then I don't know what the issue is
Thanks for the quick reply, I am seeing the Forza tyres. I will find a mod for the Pirelli ones ;)

Hey I absolutely love the skins however would it be possible to update this pack as you update the individual skins? It would just be a lot easier to download a whole community pack that is constantly updated rather than keep track of and individually download each skin. Thank you and keep up the amazing work!!!

Hello! I have a suggestion for the skinpack. You could compress all the DDS files in the pack into DXT5 format in order to lessen VRAM usage of the skins on big grids without losing any quality. It might take time but it'll allow low end PC's access to the entire grid without lag or stutter.

Last edited:
Hello! I have a suggestion for the skinpack. You could compress all the DDS files in the pack into DXT5 format in order to lessen VRAM usage of the skins on big grids without losing any quality. It might take time but it'll allow low end PC's access to the entire grid without lag or stutter.
DXT5 at 4k resolution would be the same size (21,3Mb) as BC7.
There would be a loss of quality with DXT5, especially with small details (which these skins have a lot of). Also, DXT5 doesn't handle grey colors well, there are some color artefacts making them look green or pink (that could be an issue with Mercedes and McLaren)

DXT5 at 4k resolution would be the same size (21,3Mb) as BC7.
There would be a loss of quality with DXT5, especially with small details (which these skins have a lot of). Also, DXT5 doesn't handle grey colors well, there are some color artefacts making them look green or pink (that could be an issue with Mercedes and McLaren)
Oh okay I probably wasn't observant enough to notice the difference. Thanks for letting me know. I only got the idea because I've seen this DXT5 compression done to a certain hybrid 2021 community skinpack and it performs significantly better compared to the others that aren't. I could still compress them myself so it's all fine.

The same person also said there aren't any real steering wheels or team specific textures for the standard wheel... It's quite difficult to model a real F1 steering wheel for the RSS Formula cars, and they need the shaders patch to work, so they won't appear in the showroom, unless you somehow find a way to do a model swap through animations, or a special showroom for the shaders patch makes its way into a Content Manager update...

Last edited:
Hello,
I love your skins
1 problem I have with it is that the quality is not good, I think it's because I play on 4k.
Do you have a solution for this?

Hello,
I love your skins
1 problem I have with it is that the quality is not good, I think it's because I play on 4k.
Do you have a solution for this?
sorry, there isn't really anything I can do about that. The skins are at 4k resolution (4096x4096), if I made them any bigger, they wouldn't really be usable online for most people (a single 8k texture is already something like 85Mb).
The worst parts in terms of quality are around the halo area because they're just not mapped very well on this car. When RSS releases the actuall 2022 Hybrid, I will probably redo all the liveries for that. Hopefully that will have those areas mapped better.

Man, these skins are excellent, kudos! I just have a question, do you by any chance know if you can choose against which team to race against?, cause if you choose random than its only what the game chooses, if its single make its again what the game chooses, how do you choose then?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%