It's cause the graphics engine tells the gpu where to draw each object, and where the camera is - and the gpu combines those. So you have +15002 for the object, -15000 for the camera, to get something 2m away from the viewpoint.

The gpu doesn't know things like "needle is child of dashboard is child of cockpit is child of car," it just gets the coordinates of the needle object. So it gets less accurate the bigger the numbers are (floating point precision)

On some shaders/gpus it'll even transform every vertex individually in which case entire objects get wobbly at a distance. Mostly you just get it combining object+camera and then multiplying that onto every vertex though, so they're pretty consistent, it's just 2 differently positioned objects that end up z fighting (if object origins are identical, the transform's identical and they move together - so one good tip is make all meshes of a car have the same origin unless they're movable).

Mostly it's just there because 15km out is about 3 times as much as they needed for any content they planned to include, modders adding bigger tracks is not really their concern. Nordschleife gets closest of stock content cause it's the largest track.
I noticed watching the meshes for example the display case will be vibrating left but the glass at the same time vibrating and moving to the right , same as a Z , so figured this must be the issues ,
but actually was discussing it days ago with Ilja Jusupov the creator of content manager and its actually a shader issue that causes it , he wrote all new shaders and the issues are way less visible , so maybe its something kunos can look into at some point reworking and optimising the shaders , but anyways its a strange thing to watch when stood still and the car feels like its gonna get sucked into a black hole :D

a2952ea5-0b82-4cd6-86irv7.jpeg
25294520-63ee-459b-aezqxi.jpeg

This is my current Rig
RSeat RS1 in Black
Fanatec CSW V2.5
Fanatec CS Formula Carbon
Fanatec CS Shifter SQ V1.5
Fanatec CS Pedals V3

The lambo will be incredible!! Most tricky thing of this car is to get the sound right! There was one mod in gtr2 that was 100% accurate. Ive seen these cars in real plenty of times and the sound is insane. Any chance you do the R-SV As well? That one looks even more crazy from the outside and has a slightly different sound again

The lambo will be incredible!! Most tricky thing of this car is to get the sound right! There was one mod in gtr2 that was 100% accurate. Ive seen these cars in real plenty of times and the sound is insane. Any chance you do the R-SV As well? That one looks even more crazy from the outside and has a slightly different sound again
if the RSS sound does not match the R-GT 2003-2007, I'll tweak the sound that I made to have a more crazy sound that changes tone following the angle and distance of the car. just like the real one. and it will be loud :D

... good to have an F1 Test-driver there
I haven't checked v2.0 yet but in v1.0 you were sliding over all 4 wheels when you went too hot into a corner.

If you didn't feel that, then you have some serious issues with your feel :roflmao:
Maybe your right but kunos cars can feel clearly with tyre skid or from FFB
i think i expect too much for this cars...coz they charge more than kunos! with strange name of cars how not to be...:cry:

The only comparable car to this pack is the Maserati MC12 GT1.

It's been a while, but from what I remember it's also very stiff and tyre grip/slip is also harder to feel compared to other cars.

The GT2/GTE and GT3 cars in AC are much newer, not as stiff in suspension and probably more predictable tyres.

Maybe your right but kunos cars can feel clearly with tyre skid or from FFB
i think i expect too much for this cars...coz they charge more than kunos! with strange name of cars how not to be...:cry:
Exactly my point! For that 13.50€ I am entitled, I mean I have the god given..., eh I mean I want that FERRARI LICENCE! Damn. :sneaky::cautious:

:D

The only comparable car to this pack is the Maserati MC12 GT1.

It's been a while, but from what I remember it's also very stiff and tyre grip/slip is also harder to feel compared to other cars.

The GT2/GTE and GT3 cars in AC are much newer, not as stiff in suspension and probably more predictable tyres.

Even that car seems to be very much apples and oranges compared to the GT1 cars that RSS is doing. I think Kunos modeled the MC12 to a much newer spec, with less power and TC (2010 spec, I think).

No, your error is that you are expecting the same feel from a type of car that Kunos does not provide.

In other words: you are comparing apples and oranges.
I agree they are different ...
but kunos cars FFB and physics good yeah? thats why we play
i want RSS improve this cars like what kunos cars have...
i compare with kunos cars coz its a still assettocorsa, should i compare with projectcars?:thumbsdown:

My point is if RSS care about feedback from us, we will get more good cars and they will get more money(future perhaps) win win right?

I love this idea old gt1 class
if its original(with real name and data!) DLC from kunos perfect...:cry:

Thank you guys for the latest update. Great to hear the Listers upshift sounds (sound before hitting limiter combined with the upshift sound) are improved. Didnt liked it before.

I love this idea old gt1 class
if its original(with real name and data!) DLC from kunos perfect...:cry:

Just edit the json files and create a GT1 badge - et voila :roflmao:

More often than you'd think Kunos' data is also incomplete or lacking certain aspects and then what they do is come up with educated guesswork. Same as RSS is doing.

Plus, I don't think you can say that Kunos cars drive XYZ and RSS cars drive ABC. Every car is different and both parties try to simulate that to the best of their abilities. Saying you'd want RSS cars to feel like Kunos cars is imho quite foolish.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 506 68.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 311 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 334 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 164 22.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 198 26.8%
Back