does anyone else think this is a tad overpriced. I get theres a lot of hard work but they shouldn't be priced higher than a car pack from KUNOS!! this should be 5-6£ max.

does anyone else think this is a tad overpriced. I get theres a lot of hard work but they shouldn't be priced higher than a car pack from KUNOS!! this should be 5-6£ max.

Nope, totally disagree. As they do not work for a deadline they are able to put many more hours in the cars as Kunos which they do. 3D-Models are superior to Kunos Models IMO and @David Dominguez is more than capable to create believable physics. It's a pretty fair price to me.

To be honest man even £3 would be fine well even £2 , Marco commented on facebook post saying on average they get 200,000 DLC purchases so work out 200k x 6 is 1,200,000 , for 6 cars ,
we will be lucky if we sell 1% of those purchases compared to steam :) maybe 0.1

Nope, totally disagree. As they do not work for a deadline they are able to put many more hours in the cars as Kunos which they do. 3D-Models are superior to Kunos Models IMO and @David Dominguez is more than capable to create believable physics. It's a pretty fair price to me.
Have to agree Dookie
Just take a look at A3DR how fast he build that lambo and how the car looks, that is kunos quality. I think you cant pay your bills etc. with this here.

Yeah, Kunos can produce them so cheap because they have huge amounts of ppl. buying it.

The 3D-models and texturing are superb on RSS cars.
Physics are in some aspects done a bit differently to Kunos cars, but I don't consider RSS physics to be below Kunos quality.

I was also a bit hesitant before my first purchase (Formula Hybrid) and asked around some fellow sim-racers for their thoughts about it.
I've bought every RSS car so far, even though I'm not really into open-wheelers. Only got the RSS4 on 25% discount offer and the GT1 pack for the 13,50€ offer, otherwise paid regular price.

Sure, it's above the price of Kunos cars, but IMO the cars are really worth it.

Although GT1 pack for me is a 5 (+1) car pack with the 55 and 57 being somewhat similar, even then it's 2,70€ per car (if you consider it a 5 car pack for the reason I stated).

TBH: If the cars would be individually offered I might only have bought the Vortex and one of the not-a-Ferrari's, but from the first 3 cars I have probably driven the Tornado the most. I just like the challenge to push that car further and further. So after driving all 3 cars that are released so far I'm very happy to get the complete pack, just to be able to compare all cars to each other.

3D-Models are superior to Kunos Models IMO
This is always a bit hard to compare. Kunos also has to consider performance so all cars run on a minimum spec PC while RSS can set higher standards.

Often you see more details in RSS cars because Kunos cars are heavily optimized while still trying to achieve the best possible models and textures.

So IMO Kunos cars aren't lower quality because of less hours per car or skill, but due to performance optimization.

Last edited:
That’s a very though call Dookie!
Kunos modeling as of to date is even better.
But I would like to push the overall community to try this mod, it’s awesome!
Check it out m8s
Kunos cars are awesome quality they really are , I check most content always have done specially the open seaters ect , and some road cars and maybe the odd mod , in which that Ginetta is quality car also from Shaun ,
most kunos cars from the early stages are just not as smooth as these new generation builds , I believe they was finding the limits of the software , back in 2014 when we was making mods even with a 45mb kn5 we was hitting 99%cpu ,
but the engine now id say is rock solid and the last ferrari dlc and this last free dlc is the best content to date , that ferrari 2017 the quality of that car is stunning they all are , and dont forget also they will most likely get nice data for the cars so I can imagine there pretty accurate :)

That’s a very though call Dookie!
Kunos modeling as of to date is even better.
But I would like to push the overall community to try this mod, it’s awesome!
Check it out m8s

Kunos Models are perfect for the time-frame they were build in and are definitely not ugly by any means. But the texturing and the detail (worn out materials and such) add an extra portion of detail to the GT Pack which make them feel "more alive" especially in VR. But I don't know if it's Kunos Plan to make their cars look like that so I don't blame them by any means.

Kunos Models are perfect for the time-frame they were build in and are definitely not ugly by any means. But the texturing and the detail (worn out materials and such) add an extra portion of detail to the GT Pack which make them feel "more alive" especially in VR. But I don't know if it's Kunos Plan to make their cars look like that so I don't blame them by any means.
Hi ,
I was speaking with someone regarding this also , they was saying when they build the cars ,
like for example a 1990 skoda , but when the car is created and ingame the visualization the concept behind the thinking of it is that you are back in 1990 and driving the car brand new so to speak ,
and many people believe this also in games , its either new or old ,

personally we see things different , but if your making for example today a 2018 car , then yes obviously it would be brand new , so we make it brand new , kinda like our hybrid ,
but if we are making a car from 2004 like this pack ect ,
then the cars are just over 14 years old since the 1st productions was created , so we add the wear and tear that we find in all reference , well try our best to do so ,
I notice simbin studios kinda see things like we do also there cars and tracks seem to have a lot of PBR treatment as well in the materials , I think with the correct PBR textures and correct PP filters ingame you could almost match photo reference ,
I believe its just a personal thing on what to base the concept of what you are building on for example :)

I think they are not allowed to do that, same reason that many games dont have a real damage model because the manufactures dont want to see their cars destroyed.

I think they are not allowed to do that, same reason that many games dont have a real damage model because the manufactures dont want to see their cars destroyed.
I remember a video interview of Stefano from the early days of AC saying that is total BS :roflmao:
Manufacturers never said anything about restricting the damage allowed ingame.

I believe that is true and false , its true that some companies may have restrictions on the damage of the cars ,but I highly doubt that its something you would base the foundations of the game itself upon ,
like for example SMS who create projects cars they have an insane damage system implemented , but yet you see the exact same cars also official licensed with Assetto Corsa ,
so why would BMW for example tell one studio one thing and another studio another ?

its simply a case of understanding , SMS have a lot of experience creating games and damage models and weather for a lot of years compared to kunos , so these things show ,
these things just take time to implement into the engine correctly , its simply nothing more than that :)

I do not agree with that , more manpower yes , but the games most likely earn the same if you compared PC/Consoles between the 2 games , maybe a million or so here or there not going to split hairs over that ,
I am sure in the future Kunos have massive plans and will implement on all the features that are lacking in AC in the next title , but please dont start saying its because they have no budget , its the biggest selling DLC racing game in steam :D

I didn't inform myself much about PCars and PC2, but from the few bits I've seen the damage is quite extensive in some cases, although not really realistic as well.

I think damage is and will always be one of the most difficult things to implement well.

@lokid Yes, overpriced and if you don't buy them you will find a small Lambo car model covered in blood in your bed the next day. After VR mafia, modders' mafia. Capeesh?:cool:

Joking aside, you are entitled to your opinion but these guys are doing a favor to the community, making special cars that are missing from the game, with extreme dedication and also extreme skill. Kunos make money first of all from selling the game, then from the mods, but modders can only rely on the mods and they do not have the same sales numbers. If you do not support high-quality job from the best modders (artists!) around, then 1) we will never get these and other cars in AC with the quality they deserve 2) you will support the cheap rip-offs that people make you pay for.

We're lucky to have people like the RSS guys and the others creating top stuff for AC. I am sure the rF2, AMS, RRE communities are envying us a bit right now!

Last edited:
I have no issue with modders charging whatever the hell price they want to charge, but it is getting damn irritating seeing the majority of the community act like Kunos are simply printing their own money by releasing content, while completely disregarding the fact that Kunos has to pay for a license, along with all legal fees that are accrued in the negotiations for said license, for every single damn car (and real world track) they create and release.

Somebody should give Lamborghini a call and ask how much $$$ it would take to license one of their cars for a worldwide commercially released game.

One of these mod teams should get Ferrari on the line and find out how much work they would need to complete in order to have the rights to release an F40 or 250 GTO. Kunos did it, how hard can it be, right?

Has any of the modders here had to explain to their significant other that they were going to 'invest' the majority of their life savings on the gamble of the creation of a new game being a hit? Bonus points if they did this while acknowledging that their previous two games were both financial failures.

I'm sure Gui and the usual suspects will 'disagree' my post since they seem to know more about this stuff than me; but you guys really need to think about how the real world operates, and what it takes to run a successful small business. Once you look at things rationally you will realize that comparing the content that Kunos produces with the content that 'outlaw' modders sell is truly an apples to oranges comparison.

-------------

Now I have to decide whether to go drive the Vortex or let my PC continue to mine bitcoins so that I can eventually have enough money to buy a copy of Photoshop that features 3d painting so that I can learn a new way to skin and then work dozens of hours in order to release a skin for free to a community that may or may not even care.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back