I changed a lot of things but the rear wing xD
I'll try to do a hotlap with less downforce and see

I am not good at setups at all, with your setup I beat my PB:thumbsup:

I have a question (this will show my ignorance:whistling:) Is it common to setup right camber different to left camber? I usually set em at the same value to get more or less turn in.

EDIT: I am talking about the sliders, I know I should not look at them but if I change one side I set the other side to the same value. This is me going by the default slider settings that is the same on the right and left.

Last edited:
It's common when you think about tire management, the more camber on the left cause tires are suffering more, they take more heat, the only track where i use the same camber on left and right is Spa.
With this setup your left tires will get 10° difference between in and out, and the right side will work near the ideal range, you can reduce camber on the right if you want to.
I seriously doubt that AC's physics works as IRL, even everyone is saying it does. Camber and many others are still a mistery of somekind. Lots of times I find setups far off as I would do IRL, faster.
So, regarding what you are saying, mostly I am the fastest (talking just about the camber), that I set tires temps, so rears have more difference between inner and outer, than the front. And strangly there is no more wear than I would expect.

Not a big update but lots of small adjustments going on with the rear frame and suspension, still getting the shape right to make sure everything fits like it should

screenshot043.jpg

these cars are from the 2004 gt1 season.. the mc12 stated in kunos info page is from 2004 (or is this inception into the series/) correct or am i missing something here., ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it really needee all those details? Most are even never seen. Are just for rendering, and you just not use them later for game it self?

Well it's a judgement call, I know I could easily get away with the usual method of doing a low poly engine cover on the surface and the rest plain texture like this and still call it "official content quality":
__custom_showroom_1519159833.jpg

But if you look at these angles most of the details are visible:
screenshot050.jpg

screenshot047.jpg

Not to mention the see-through the rear vents:
screenshot051.jpg

As for polycount, it doesn't matter since most of the time the game engine uses the LOD_B model (switched at 12m) along with the COCKPIT_LR (switched at 7m), plus I can add stuff to the CINTURE_OFF dummy that'll only be visible in the showroom, so in the end the performance will be exactly the same as any other official car.

Keep in mind the Porsche 917/30 has almost 300k triangles:
__custom_showroom_1519160456.jpg

Key is in the optimization later on, and try to be reasonable with the amount of detail that's visible to the player most of the time.

So we've seen the 'Lanzo' and the....well, whatever we're calling the Saleen.

Has the 6th model been unveiled yet? I think I saw something about another 'Feruccio', or was that just playing around?

For those who want modify an ai_hint file:

HINT_x multiply the radius of the corner seen by the AI. Useful when AI is too fast or too slow in a corner.. usually due to compression/decompressions but there could be other reasons such as hairpin with long straight after and where the AI is going in too hot loosing in exit speed.

BRAKEHINT_x changes the AI idea of how hard it can brake in that zone.. again some compression and,especially decompression area might need this

DANGER_x is an hint that kicks in when the AI is engaged and it's informing the AI to take it easy in that section if engaged.. it's used very rarely

MAXSPEED_x for limiting the maximum speed.

You can use DRS zone app or AI app to define the different start/end effects
eg:

[HINT_0]
START=0.716
END=0.738
VALUE=1.2

[BRAKEHINT_0]
START=0.015
END=0.027
VALUE=0.92

[DANGER_0]
START=0.295
END=0.35
LEFT=1
RIGHT=0

[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0.223
END=0.225
VALUE=250

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back