For those who want modify an ai_hint file:

HINT_x multiply the radius of the corner seen by the AI. Useful when AI is too fast or too slow in a corner.. usually due to compression/decompressions but there could be other reasons such as hairpin with long straight after and where the AI is going in too hot loosing in exit speed.

BRAKEHINT_x changes the AI idea of how hard it can brake in that zone.. again some compression and,especially decompression area might need this

DANGER_x is an hint that kicks in when the AI is engaged and it's informing the AI to take it easy in that section if engaged.. it's used very rarely

MAXSPEED_x for limiting the maximum speed.

You can use DRS zone app or AI app to define the different start/end effects
eg:

[HINT_0]
START=0.716
END=0.738
VALUE=1.2

[BRAKEHINT_0]
START=0.015
END=0.027
VALUE=0.92

[DANGER_0]
START=0.295
END=0.35
LEFT=1
RIGHT=0

[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0.223
END=0.225
VALUE=250

Are the above values compatible with all of the tracks?

That's indeed exactly what it looks like, what used to be the GTR2-FIA GT game can now be ACC/Blancpain game.

And if GTR2 was open for modding, I don't see why ACC wouldn't be open as well.

Then again, no use to stop modding AC1, who knows when this will come out.
Summer on steam about 4 months time .

Nice a new game, but i’m quite sure that there is not any modding support for game, because it’s offical game. :(

Hopefully AC2 is coming someday with same unreal engine and we can enjoy modding/mods with it..

I’m still waiting new RSS GT1 cars, so keep teasing us. ;)

Nice a new game, but i’m quite sure that there is not any modding support for game, because it’s offical game. :(

Hopefully AC2 is coming someday with same unreal engine and we can enjoy modding/mods with it..

GTR2 was an official game and fully open to modding.

Lets see what Kunos say about the subject ,
most of the success came from assetto corsa and the modding aspect of the game , interesting to see how it will be , does look like the most impressive looking game I ever saw ,
but without modding I wont be buying it .

Well Assetto Corsa does, and it does use official licensed content right?
RF2 does also , but these games are studio made games , this Blancpain thing is the difference here , who knows what got agreed with these people , they could have stipulated any terms and conditions they wanted.

https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...to-sim-racing-with-assetto-corsa-competizione
923d797cc5927c6528737fdef209bb32.png

I guess it's going to be moddable. Although they use another graphics engine the internal structure is not going to change that much. Just look at the CMR/Dirt games, at least their file structure hasn't changed within the last 20 years!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 293 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back