GT pack I was mainly inquiring about, as to the final 2 cars and inspection almost been completed and should be final in the next couple of weeks or so, but thanks for sharing much appreciated :)
I'm a little concerned your animation endeavours may have a negative impact, as every aero surface, even if it doesn't do much, adds to the CPU load (I remember some time ago when people were using aero animation to add working gas and brake pedals CPU usage went though the roof, like on early releases of eboo's Calibra). For the static objects like the pitot sensor and diveplanes this may be neglectable, but I guess that moving tube in your current is somehow bound to G-forces via a controller?

Tho AC did change a lot in between, and newer stock Kunos cars are loaded with controllers of all sorts...

I'm a little concerned your animation endeavours may have a negative impact, as every aero surface, even if it doesn't do much, adds to the CPU load (I remember some time ago when people were using aero animation to add working gas and brake pedals CPU usage went though the roof, like on early releases of eboo's Calibra). For the static objects like the pitot sensor and diveplanes this may be neglectable, but I guess that moving tube in your current is somehow bound to G-forces via a controller?

Tho AC did change a lot in between, and newer stock Kunos cars are loaded with controllers of all sorts...
No just skinned mesh controlled by the suspension :p quite a cool concept, although skinning it was a nightmare the envelope is massive.

GTX1080 and R5 1600X @ 3.9GHz, 3440x1440, everything maxed out except for MSAA at x2 and reflections at high :
- Barcelona alone : capped 100fps
- Barcelona with a 24 cars grid : 60fps, seems to improve as the field spreads out, started from the rear
- Barcelona with a 32 cars grid : 45-60fps, seems to improve as the field spreads out, started from the rear

GTX1080 and R5 1600X @ 3.9GHz, 3440x1440, everything maxed out except for MSAA at x2 and reflections at high :
- Barcelona alone : capped 100fps
- Barcelona with a 24 cars grid : 60fps, seems to improve as the field spreads out, started from the rear
- Barcelona with a 32 cars grid : 45-60fps, seems to improve as the field spreads out, started from the rear
Thanks man :)

5.jpg

your cars seem to be a little harder on my system than a same sized field of Kunos GT3 (15 cars each, 4 different models each). First is just my car in Practice mode.
Over a couple of laps the fps stayed somewhere in the mid-40s with the RSS cars and mid-60s with Kunos cars.

Barca is somehow one of the tracks with the worst performance for me

Last edited:
Hi Guy's
what is the overhaul performance with the cars released running on your systems FPS
just going over some final areas now and building a final inspection and possible fixes, improvements list,
was just inquiring if everyone is overhaul happy with the running of the cars :)

on average on my PC running 24 cars of the current releases I am getting around 85-90fps,
but this is running ultra settings maxed on everything with a GTX 1070 and 64gb memory.
no VR.
keep the current fps level your cars are already heavier than kunos content for fps and that is no good for online league racing

keep the current fps level your cars are already heavier than kunos content for fps and that is no good for online league racing
Some content yes, people always compare cars to kunos content,
but which content ? because the performance varies so much along with the quality,
DLC is the only real benchmark to test cars FPS against, as the engine got stronger so did the content,
so comparing cars from 2013 and 14 obviously there will be a massive difference like posted above using the BMW GT3 in which is ancient,
best car kunos was made was the 2017 Ferrari F1 compare a full grid of that car compared to our cars and then youll notice only marginal figures at best :)

Hi Guy's
what is the overhaul performance with the cars released running on your systems FPS
just going over some final areas now and building a final inspection and possible fixes, improvements list,
was just inquiring if everyone is overhaul happy with the running of the cars :)

on average on my PC running 24 cars of the current releases I am getting around 85-90fps,
but this is running ultra settings maxed on everything with a GTX 1070 and 64gb memory.
no VR.

FPS-wise, and compared to the Kunos content (which seems the only fair comparison to make), they are just a bit more fps heavy than Kunos content, but it is only a marginal difference (like 5-7% heavier, which in my books, and seeing that the cars are extremely detailed, is really nothing). If you keep them in this range, I'm pretty sure that anyone that can run any Kunos car, can run these cars without a problem.
Edit: Just saw your last post, I'm comparing to the recent Kunos content, Ready To Race and Porsche Packs

Reactions: CC
FPS-wise, and compared to the Kunos content (which seems the only fair comparison to make), they are just a bit more fps heavy than Kunos content, but it is only a marginal difference (like 5-7% heavier, which in my books, and seeing that the cars are extremely detailed, is really nothing). If you keep them in this range, I'm pretty sure that anyone that can run any Kunos car, can run these cars without a problem.
Edit: Just saw your last post, I'm comparing to the recent Kunos content, Ready To Race and Porsche Packs
Yes the current content is much closer, you can only really compare to say the latest DLC to be fair,
they are going to run slightly heavier due to the cars been slightly heavier the geometry stored inside the kn5,
but to be fair again the kunos cars are more optimized also the B/C/D LOD,
in the pipeline I believe it states something around 25,000 triangles for a LOD_B file,
all our cars are twice that around 50,000 which gives more details but the cost of a few extra FPS, but we are not releasing content on consoles so that gives us slightly more to play with,

with ACC I believe it will be different the UE4 is really strong specially for consoles some UE4 car games and tracks are twice the details of kunos content so hopefully now we will see a change in the way they are structured :)

ran the Lister and the Lambo on a 16cars grid at Spa.
frame rate stayed around 85-90 frames.
All settings at max except mirrors and crepuscular rays.
GTX1080 @ 1440p
i6700k@4Ghz
16GBRam

I'm pretty happy with the performance of these cars.

ran the Lister and the Lambo on a 16cars grid at Spa.
frame rate stayed around 85-90 frames.
All settings at max except mirrors and crepuscular rays.
GTX1080 @ 1440p
i6700k@4Ghz
16GBRam

I'm pretty happy with the performance of these cars.
Hi,
its mixed within the team from monitors to VR from 1080/1070/970 I believe so we always try and get decent performance with the cars, we understand they are slightly above official content in terms of fps,
but mainly by design by the discussions we had at the start of the project, we made targets and roughly all cars meet those targets,
the main objective was never to match official content 1/1 but could have been possible if we desired to do so,
some cars are higher in topology say 320k triangles but have less shaders,
some cars have less topology around 275/285 but use more shaders inside the builds so they are still balanced,

main reasons I was asking the pack soon will be completed and finalized and was inquiring to make sure everyone is happy with the content and if there is anything we could improve upon,
I am happy with the performance so far with the cars it seems solid, last night I run a full grid of the GT1 MC12 and our cars currently released matches it in terms of FPS and draw calls :)

like some of these 2018 hybrid skins I have seen range from 50-70MB complete which is really high and should never really be over 30mb Max, luckily this is just a few cases so running a full grid will balance back out again,
...goes away to check size of Mercedes skin....

81.5Mb inc tires.... whoops!! However, that does include a lot of textures: chassis_P and C, belts, tire logos, driver & crew suits, etc. Most of the files are small but there's a lot of them so it adds up.

I know you were looking for measurements on the GT pack, but I ran a 20 car AI race with F-Hybrid 18 with the current full F1 grid available on RD (including the mercedes before I released it) yesterday and was getting over 70 fps whilst recording which is good. Everything on ultra except particles and shadows, i7-4790K, GTX1070OC, 16GB @ 3440x1440. For me, performance wise on my settings, just nudging the shadows down from ultra helped with performance, also not sure what my AA settings are (I think 4x) but at this resolution it doesn't need AA so much. If I wasn't recording using shadow play I'd be able to have everything on ultra no problem. Then again, bear in mind I only have a 60hz monitor so providing I hit 60 it's all good, without recording I can hit 80-90 no problem. I used to have an i5-3570K and after going to the i7 I noticed a big difference in the amount of AI cars I can run smoothly. If I had VR I guess I would be aiming for a higher frame rate too.

Also I was going to say catching up on this thread and reading some of your effects posts earlier on, I couldn't help but think of you as Neo and AC is the Matrix, you can control it at your will and do whatever you want within it.:laugh::p;)

Last edited:
So I made a performance test, too. My Specs are: i7 6700 non k, GTX 1080 FE and 32 Gigs of DDR4 Ram.

Full grid on Spa with maximum settings and GbW Suite 1.3 Broken Clouds I get an average of 85-95 fps on 2560x1080. No problems here for me. If needed I can compare it to a full grid of GT3 Cars etc.

One more thing I'd like to have changed in the stock setup are the default tyres to be the mediums and 30 liters of fuel. :)

So I made a performance test, too. My Specs are: i7 6700 non k, GTX 1080 FE and 32 Gigs of DDR4 Ram.

Full grid on Spa with maximum settings and GbW Suite 1.3 Broken Clouds I get an average of 85-95 fps on 2560x1080. No problems here for me. If needed I can compare it to a full grid of GT3 Cars etc.

One more thing I'd like to have changed in the stock setup are the default tyres to be the mediums and 30 liters of fuel. :)
I have been using this MC12 all day today, for some reason that car is not the best performance wise, well not the best official example but will do for our purposes, currently I am getting 600DIP more and 5FPS more also, maybe the drawcalls because the textures and shaders are slightly higher and the mesh but on average its balanced :)

I will ask David with the data.

I only get that amount roughly with a full grid and maxed ultra settings everything :D cpu running 3,9ghz currently well was out of the box my laptop is the OC edition.
392dc4109f3e9869c4a4ec94dc43b4cd.png

Some content yes, people always compare cars to kunos content,
but which content ? because the performance varies so much along with the quality,
DLC is the only real benchmark to test cars FPS against, as the engine got stronger so did the content,
so comparing cars from 2013 and 14 obviously there will be a massive difference like posted above using the BMW GT3 in which is ancient,
best car kunos was made was the 2017 Ferrari F1 compare a full grid of that car compared to our cars and then youll notice only marginal figures at best :)
but that car from kunos wa smant to be driven only with other f1 2017 ferraris, i would try to match your cars to gt3 cars, those are meant to be driven with various other models with full grids online

but that car from kunos wa smant to be driven only with other f1 2017 ferraris, i would try to match your cars to gt3 cars, those are meant to be driven with various other models with full grids online
Why would you want to race a entire full grid of GT cars from around the 2004 Era with any other content or cars ? defeats the purpose of creating 90% of a pack of cars.

Just done some quick testing for you. Seems my figures from earlier were a bit high as it's a 10-20fps difference between a live race and a replay (presumably as the physics don't have to be calculated as much in a replay). Shadowplay only knocks about 5fps off. I was obviously noting the replay figures as I don't generally look at the fps counter when I'm driving :p
Did 2 lap races where I started at the back and immediately went to the pits and then viewed the AI cars from TV cams - I figured TV cams would be a slightly tougher test than onboard as there would be more to draw on the screen (?). The fps performance level of the GT1 cars of a 24 car grid (random skins - some stock, some downloaded) is roughly on par with a 20 car grid of F-Hybrid 2018 (all current F1 skins), the GT cars were the same or marginally higher on my system at least. Tested both grid sets at Barcelona and Silverstone and was getting between 50-70 (with the occasional lower and higher) with the GT cars and about the same or a little lower with the F1 cars.
I'll maybe need to lower my settings just a little to improve performance a bit more as I said earlier I'm running at 3440x1440 with an i7-4790K and an Asus GTX1070OC with 16GB DDR3.

I would say it's probably about fine as it is based on F-Hybrid comparison and I had 5 more cars running for the GTs, although of course if you apply the same increase of LODs to the GTs then they will improve so more cars could be run, although I think it's probably more CPU dependant the number of AI cars a given system will run.

my current settings:
settings.JPG

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%