At least the sequential gearboxes will have to be manually blipped, but I think the Viper will be true H pattern.

FIA regulations for this era:
2.8 Electronic system :

Any automatic or electronic chassis control system or function is forbidden. This includes anti-lock braking, traction control, automatic or semi-automatic transmissions, power actuated clutches, electronically or automatically adjusted final drive differential systems, damper suspension or ride height adjustment, power braking, four wheel steering, moveable ballast.

Semi-automatic or automatic gearboxes and differentials with electronic, pneumatic or hydraulic slip control are forbidden. Closed-loop electronically controlled systems are prohibited. A simple open-loop electrical switch activated by the driver acting on the electrical system of the engine is not considered to be an electronic control.

Power steering may be employed as long as it is a simple system, without programmable control.

And I found this:
33ib0oP.png

I believe the Saleen should be H pattern also, but I know it is way to early to start thinking about that car.
--------------
Can't wait for these, should be a blast to drive. Thanks again guys for bringing your awesome creations to AC.

At least the sequential gearboxes will have to be manually blipped, but I think the Viper will be true H pattern.

2.8 Electronic system :

Any automatic or electronic chassis control system or function is forbidden. This includes anti-lock braking, traction control, automatic or semi-automatic transmissions, power actuated clutches, electronically or automatically adjusted final drive differential systems, damper suspension or ride height adjustment, power braking, four wheel steering, moveable ballast.

Semi-automatic or automatic gearboxes and differentials with electronic, pneumatic or hydraulic slip control are forbidden. Closed-loop electronically controlled systems are prohibited. A simple open-loop electrical switch activated by the driver acting on the electrical system of the engine is not considered to be an electronic control.

Power steering may be employed as long as it is a simple system, without programmable control.

And I found this:
33ib0oP.png

I believe the Saleen should be H pattern also, but I know it is way to early to start thinking about that car.
--------------
Can't wait for these, should be a blast to drive. Thanks again guys for bringing your awesome creations to AC.
Ill look in my documents quick now and see if there is any reference :)
there not accurate those pages most that info is road spec .

2.8 Electronic system :

And I found this:
33ib0oP.png

--------------
Can not see anything with the pictures but looking at the construction dont know why they even call it a dodge viper , its a rollcage with some fairings on it lol damn i bet it weighs nothing at all ,
I can not see all the cars using a quick shift and only the viper using a H pattern would be to a disadvantage whatever , cost time using the H pattern should imagine even if its only 2 tenths a lap its there ,
also in GTR2 was a quick shift .

Dunno about the Viper but for the 550 its sequential - but as mentioned a clutch is still used, but only for downshifts (don't think that can be done in-game though).

It did have a H-pattern shifter at one point though, but none of the 2004-ish cars I've seen had it anymore.

RfYUd7Rh.jpg

yUPHAvxh.jpg

I'd go with all cars being sequential. If there are people who are using this mod in their leagues it might be better :) And this mod would get me using my shifter in sequential mode more often too! :p

Yeah you can see at around 9 mimutes in that the Viper is a manual, and this is in FIA
Spec.

So i think its a mix throughout the grid.

Nice bit of expoding bodywork at around 21:50, good aim as well, proper mario kart skills. Don't think we'll get to do that in AC.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the Viper was originally H pattern only (well, it was) - but as the cars got older and rebuilt some of them ended up with a sequential in them at one point or another.

When that was and if it was during when it was running in FIA GT versus it's "end of life" phase in various national series and historic series I don't know, but there are videos of both shifting methods out there so you sort of need to look at when and where it comes from. The car raced for nearly 10 years in "real" competition when you consider those smaller national level series, stands to reason that the old gear box got replaced as an upgrade to keep up with the newer cars.

H pattern ftw, though. ;)

There's video proof at least some of them still had h patterns in them during the FIA GT years, so have at it!

Last edited:
I'd go with all cars being sequential. If there are people who are using this mod in their leagues it might be better :) And this mod would get me using my shifter in sequential mode more often too! :p
Can't people with H-shifters just disable those if they want? I've done league races with my shifter, and learned the hard way that it may not like 40 minutes of hard usage :cautious:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 276 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 223 27.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 149 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 19 2.4%