I really like what you are doing here! Really makes me wish I could do such quality models too :thumbsup::inlove: And I'm really looking forward to the complete set of cars and mod! So everyone keep up the great work;)

These weld seams are a great example of what amazing details we are about to enjoy once the mod is finished! They really look amazing!
f18317c8448e65e8c821c4948adc63d7.jpg
I was just wondering if the weld seem at the outside of the tubes are correct? I normally expect a construction like this (the exhaust's tubes exceed the heatplate without being fixed to it, because you may want to change the exhaust system without unweld them from the body later). But I really don't know the construction behind that at the Lister, so maybe I'm simply wrong :redface:

However, the only thing destroying the realistic look is the weld on the inside of the tubes :O_o: For me it looks like the tubes are closed. I would expect the tubes do exceed behind the heatplate into the car so welding them on the inside would be senseless (no counterpart to weld them with). And of course you wouldn't see the outside weld from the inside :whistling:

Last but not least...all cars are nice to see over and over again, but please show more pictures from the Viper :laugh:

I was just wondering if the weld seem at the outside of the tubes are correct? I normally expect a construction like this (the exhaust's tubes exceed the heatplate without being fixed to it, because you may want to change the exhaust system without unweld them from the body later). But I really don't know the construction behind that at the Lister, so maybe I'm simply wrong :redface:
wondering about this too. You'd want some air gap around the exhaust to stop it setting the side skirt on fire (btw the Viper liked to do that). When you directly weld the tip to the metal plate you create one big heat exchanger that transmits the heat onto the fibreglass/carbon around it

The metal plate around the exhaust is there just because otherwise the exhaust would melt the plastic or hurt the carbonfiber around it. But it should not really welded into the exhaust because doing that kinda defeats its purpose as it would then spread the heat to its surroundings instead of protecting its surroundings. And the vibrations coming from the exhaust would not be good either. If you welded it then all those vibrations are lead into the plate and from there to its mountings on the side skirt.

Only times when I've see the structure welded on a race car is when it is not the exhaust itself that is welded on the outer plate but another piece of exhaust that acts as a guide and the real exhaust sits inside it. Kinda like one inside another. All in all the plate around the exhaust is very typical structure in a race car.

The metal plate around the exhaust is there just because otherwise the exhaust would melt the plastic or hurt the carbonfiber around it. But it should not really welded into the exhaust because doing that kinda defeats its purpose as it would then spread the heat to its surroundings instead of protecting its surroundings. And the vibrations coming from the exhaust would not be good either. If you welded it then all those vibrations are lead into the plate and from there to its mountings on the side skirt.

Only times when I've see the structure welded on a race car is when it is not the exhaust itself that is welded on the outer plate but another piece of exhaust that acts as a guide and the real exhaust sits inside it. Kinda like one inside another. All in all the plate around the exhaust is very typical structure in a race car.
Its all plate no carbon at all and its mounted on springs not actually touching the chassis , I have it the same in some reference , but its updated now anyways , maybe I got carried away maybe not :)

Speaking of welding, got a good amount to do ahead of me. Interior basics done and watertight, time to work on that rollcage... hmmmmmm welds :giggle:

screenshot040.jpg

screenshot045.jpg

screenshot046.jpg

screenshot047.jpg

screenshot048.jpg

Really impressive, one question, the front and rear rims are suppose to be identical?
Aren't they different in term of offset?
1999%20Lister%20Storm%20GT2_131551.jpg
Hi man ,
Good point I have never actually checked but that is not the car we are making ill look at my reference :)
cant see why it would be different to this though .

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%