Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo

The demo is not updated as far as I know, but the game received patches. In Steam forum are some people with Logitech wheels.
For sure I personally know only, that it is fine with Thrustmaster T300RS and Logitech DFGT.

KR
Thanks for the reply, I will have a look in Steam.:thumbsup:

Hello, I cannot finde ANY place or way within the menu or someplace else within the game to change the name of the driver "Mile Stone" to my own name. I do not want to race as "Mile Stone".

There MUST be a place and way to change the driver's name?

Is it safe to say this game is dead? On PC at least. I still cant play due to having clubsport pedals and a tx wheel. And Im not hearing anything about updates or anything. Anyone still clinging to hope or is it time to uninstall.

Have any of you complete the Loeb experience, all the races?. I want to unlock the 208 t16 with blue-white livery but i cant complete a couple of races due to fps drop in some tracks and it's really frustrating. Can any of you pass me your savefile progress with the 208 t16 Pikes Peak (blue-white) livery?

thanks.

that major caveat being, it apparently doesnt recognize pedals connected by USB (im not sure what other major issues there are yet).

posting this bc its on sale for another couple days & that might make it worth consideration for some people.

surprisingly found ISRs review to be pretty spot on; afaik the only changes since are triple screen support & i at least havent noticed any performance issues.

not dirt rally level, but a nice selection of content & its competent. way better than wrc5, which im enough of a junkie to have bought as well.

I wrote the following on another forum but I'll leave it here too.

So I picked up a Basheboards CPX adapter to connect my Fanatec pedals directly to my Thrustmaster wheel.

For this reason I've put SLRE through it's paces just out of curiosity and it's really astonishing how a developer can f*ck things up so bad and just leave it dead stranded after just a few weeks.

In one way I'm actually a bit surprised as deep down this stinking pile or turd, there are actually traces of a descent physics engine. The horrible sounds, the many technical fu*k ups still makes this game unbearable.

• Graphics wise it's hit and miss - At certain points the game ahchieve a realistic look with good lightning but it often falls flat. Some of the car models look great but some of them are strangely shaped.
  • Stages - There are more of them than in DR and they are narrow and quite enjoyable. Much better than in the WRC-games. However, IMO they have a generic feel to them. There are few spectators and they feel a bit lifeless and flat.
  • Sound - I don't think I need to say much here. It's horrible, plain and simple. Abysmal. Pathetic. My girlfriend asked what the f*ck was that sound when the so called anti lag kicked in.
  • Physics - If you can get the game to run with 60FPS and as long as you stick to FWD/4WD they are actually pretty good. A bit more on the slippy side than DR on gravel and snow, but or tarmac the cars feel tighter and more responsive than in DR. Particularly the 208PP feels more like I'd expect on tarmac, even after the latest DR patch. RWD cars behave nothing like a RWD car on any surface.

I bought the game on sale yesterday. I had promised myself I would never again purchase a Milestone product at full price and I stuck to it.

I set up the controllers, badly because it is a mess and I have separate H-pattern shifter, a TM T500, a DSD button box and assigning the H-pattern was impossible. The Wheel controller actually registered the inputs, but when I went to test drive the default car, I could only use the paddles.

However, there is no point in troubleshooting that, since when I go to a Stage, none of my controller inputs work. None.
I am watching the car from Behind, my throttle doesn't work, my gears don't work (paddles or H-pattern) I just sit there with the clock running and I cannot drive.

I exit, go back to the default Peugeot car, and at least Throttle and brake work and I can change gears.

I have read reviews written by people with a setup similar to mine. Even people with 3 screens. For somebody the controller works, maybe badly, but in my case it doesn't work at all.

Since there are a few fans of the game here, have you seen this behavior? Is there anything I can do?
Does steam refund purchases if the game refuses to work as advertised?

Yes, Steam refund purchases no matter your reason. Even if you state that you don't like the game or anything else as long you don't blow the 2 hours grace period.

About your joystick inputs, have you tried using something like Universal Joystick Remapper? You can mess around with the axis and buttons to see if you get the game working. Like merging the throttle and the brake axis.

I wish I could help you more, but I own a Logitech wheel. Never had any issues in that regard with the game. You can also try this: http://www.tocaedit.com/2016/03/sebastien-loeb-rally-evo-rfpe-plugin.html . The tool is supposed to eliminate any input lag. It does work but introduces issues changing gears. The wheel and pedals axis work better though.

I'll try that, thanks. I actually use Xpadder and I am good at programming it, but for instance in the keyboard input panel I don't see the gears at all. The only controller panel that has gears is the one for my wheel. I can actually use my separate shifter (also thrustmaster) to select the gears on the wheel panel, but when I go drive the Base car, it won't work and I have to use the paddles.
Then in stage mode, no controller works at all so that makes the issue mute. I even tried the simplest set up possible: gears on auto and just the steering and pedals mapped (and the view button). Nothing. I just sit at the start of the stage locked out of the car.
I go back to driving the Peugeot and everything works again.

To add insult to injury, Dirt Rally is also not saving my controllers so I have to remap everything each time I launch it and my Fanatec handbrake has worked 2 hours total since I bought it 3 months ago.
The gods don't want to let me rally I suppose.

Hi,

I just downloaded SLR from Steam and went to run it and got this error:

SEBASTION LOEB RALLY EVO has stopped working,....

Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll,
Fault Module Version: 12.0.21005.1

Is this problem with the game?

Last edited:
I've been receiving the same issue.
It seems to happen most when I get to the Start of the first event in Career.
But it has happened at other points too.
Reinstalling the game as I type this to see if it helps.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 138 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 26.7%
Back