rF2 S397 GT3 @ Circuito de Jerez - Friday 22 Feb 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Lovely be back and race with u guys :)
Im happy with my race
Qual P4
Great start and im second but after a few laps i decide let Pauli Ahonen pass me coz he way faster :) I hope he and Christian.ca battle and i hope they would slow down them so i maybe get a chance,:)
Instedd i spun and was 11th and later again spunn AMAICING ......
So a 4th place was like a gift to me:)

Some clean great battles on the way and i need say those that get lapped did make it very easy and nice to me :)

Mikka

• Deleted member 387850

Great race guys, thanks! Had a chance to do some laps before the race which probably gave me a bit of a headstart as it's a tough circuit to learn! Even still, I was surprised to qualify P3 and was even more surprised to find I couldn't see any lights on the grid?! I basically just went when everyone else did and I saw a marshall waving a green flag?!

My race was fairly uneventful as I was gifted P3 when Mikka made a mistake around lap 5 or so. Unfortunately I just couldn't keep up with Christian ahead, and even though the gap came down a bit in the closing laps I think he was just managing his tyres. Still, a good race and it kept me on my toes trying to lap consistently for 50min.

Congrats to Pauli on a well deserved win and thanks to Craig and staff for hosting!

One backmarker race coming up for those interested:

A solid race I enjoyed quite a lot, even though the middle part was kinda uneventful, but then the final part picked up and was pretty interesting ;)

Thanks to @Stephen Gibb for the setup, I had a fairly similar one, but yours was certainly still slightly better and it definitely helped. Shame that you couldn't finish the race.

Also, a clarification for those that were on TS after the race when we were talking about TS Notifier. I said something along the lines of that I don't really care anymore about who talks on TS. That wasn't really what I wanted to say and I felt kinda bad (and dumb) for phrasing it like that. I just can't talk properly (not just in English, but doubly so in English). What I wanted to say was more that I don't *worry* about knowing who's currently talking as much as I used to back when I was using TS Notifier. Which, at least to me, is quite different from saying I don't care (but it might be just me). Anyway, I just wanted to clarify that.

Thanks for the race!

Enjoyed the chase of the Porsche and the last few laps! Seems you had some fun :)

A question to everyone: how do you start with these cars? I know manual clutch is probably the best but I don't have a spare analogue axis..
Overwrite traction control? Reduce TC to minimum? Not really sure what to do but I lost several positions before T1...
Thinking about mapping my joystick on the rim to clutch :barefoot:

Edit: did a short video summary of my race, maybe you'll enjoy it :)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 387850

A question to everyone: how do you start with these cars? I know manual clutch is probably the best but I don't have a spare analogue axis..

You know I'm going to once again take the opportunity to big up the manual clutch paddles on the McLaren GT3 rim ;)

Enjoyable race for me, thanks to those that I chased and those that gave chase as well. ...kept it nice and interesting, even though I was a bit off pace. First time in the McLaren, and ran mostly default setup due to time restrictions and no practice time, but was fun no less.

@RasmusP I reduce TC to 0, and I am using the clutch as well. Some of these GT3s (and some from GTE pack too) are hard to get going, especially if TC is on. The BMW is the worst of the bunch, imo. Very hard to get started without reducing TC.
My problem is remembering to turn it back up before the first turns, resulting in some interesting exits until the raw power reminds me to hit the buttons :roflmao:

As Martin has kindly already said, it sounds like Steam has not updated your cars

There was an update released last week, so that might explain why you are experiencing this issue. Close rFactor 2, and try unsubscribing from and resubscribing to the cars to force an update. Fingers crossed this will fix the problem. (You can see the cars in the Steam Workshop by going to your Steam Inventory, selecting rFactor 2, selecting one of the cars, and pressing the "Open in Steam Workshop" button.) I hope this helps mate! :)
I'm struggling to find the cars. They look like they've disappeared

Enjoyed the chase of the Porsche and the last few laps! Seems you had some fun :)

Overwrite traction control? Reduce TC to minimum? Not really sure what to do but I lost several positions before T1...
Thinking about mapping my joystick on the rim to clutch :barefoot:

Edit: did a short video summary of my race, maybe you'll enjoy it :)

Hehe great vid M8 and its funny se how crazy mistakes we do when we calculate fuel and laps hehehe

Mikka

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%