rF2 S397 GT3 @ TT Assen - Fri 21 Jan 2022 *January Trophy Rd 3/4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
anyone running VR? there are huge fps drops when you're around the start-finish straight

I have a 3080ti and a 5900x so my pc is strong enough
I'm running VR , but not yet at Assen .

How much is your FPS dropping ?

I did read about some FPS drops around the S/F straight, but I didn't notice anything when I tested (though, I also run a 3080ti, but on only one monitor), however I usually can spot FPS drops regardless if there are issues.

Please test out, both you two and others, and if this is a problem. I do have a reserve-track, which is almost the opposite of Assen in terms of characteristics except the width. And no, it is not Norisring!

In other news....
SERVER IS UP!

GetMod is available for the track! :)
RealWeather is on again, please see OP for forecast.

I did read about some FPS drops around the S/F straight, but I didn't notice anything when I tested (though, I also run a 3080ti, but on only one monitor), however I usually can spot FPS drops regardless if there are issues.

Please test out, both you two and others, and if this is a problem. I
Thanks ;) but I found a solution.

For people with low FPS, especially in VR -> change the circuit detail to low or medium in the graphics settings and it's fixed

I think it's the animations in grand stand at the start finish line that causes this.

You won't miss out on much details when putting detail to low and it sure helps again (stable 90fps in my Valve Index with 30 cars AI race)

Thanks ;) but I found a solution.

For people with low FPS, especially in VR -> change the circuit detail to low or medium in the graphics settings and it's fixed

I think it's the animations in grand stand at the start finish line that causes this.

You won't miss out on much details when putting detail to low and it sure helps again (stable 90fps in my Valve Index with 30 cars AI race)
I was going to say i had the same issue and dropped circuit detail to medium

Hi ole. i try it again this week. sign me in.
I dont know why last week in watkins i couldnt join the race, all other races here in RD i could join without any issues.
I copied the data in the packages folder but didnt had that data in rfactor2 ingame packages.

did you had similar problems once? any ideas?

So. I've never experienced these kind of issues myself before. However, yesterday a club in the Norwegian Motorsport Federation contacted me as they struggled with joining rF2 servers (They plan to run a karting-championship). So I jumped on teamviewer and had remote control over the server and during the afternoon 4 different gaming pc's.
On one of them there was this issue. First it was missing content. That was easily solved by actually buying the content. They had missed out on a track pack on one of the pc's(Steam users). However, after that, all we got was "mod could not be installed" when trying to join the server. I installed stuff manually, I made a new rfmod for the server, I used mod manager etc. No matter what I did, it just wouldn't join. Interestingly enough, the mod didn't even show up in packages inside the game (which IIRC, was your problem last week as well?). They are now going to do a clean install of the whole PC, as apparently "that PC have been weird for a long time, resetting settings etc at random".

But I have no idea how to solve the issue they had. I mean, it didn't even recognize it from the packages folder when manually looking for it in the mod manager either. It was really weird and extremely frustrating!

Oh, and you are in! :)

So. I've never experienced these kind of issues myself before. However, yesterday a club in the Norwegian Motorsport Federation contacted me as they struggled with joining rF2 servers (They plan to run a karting-championship). So I jumped on teamviewer and had remote control over the server and during the afternoon 4 different gaming pc's.
On one of them there was this issue. First it was missing content. That was easily solved by actually buying the content. They had missed out on a track pack on one of the pc's(Steam users). However, after that, all we got was "mod could not be installed" when trying to join the server. I installed stuff manually, I made a new rfmod for the server, I used mod manager etc. No matter what I did, it just wouldn't join. Interestingly enough, the mod didn't even show up in packages inside the game (which IIRC, was your problem last week as well?). They are now going to do a clean install of the whole PC, as apparently "that PC have been weird for a long time, resetting settings etc at random".

But I have no idea how to solve the issue they had. I mean, it didn't even recognize it from the packages folder when manually looking for it in the mod manager either. It was really weird and extremely frustrating!

Oh, and you are in! :)
Thanks for the Answer, yes this problem sound similar to mine, except I bought the content of course lol:). Ok let's try it again next week

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%