rF2 S397 GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Friday 26 April 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Todays race went well up until lagg stole away a really good 3 way battle to the finish on the last lap, other than that just the one spin when I lit up the tires in the second to last corner and put the car in the wall. Lots of good battling for position at the back end of the field anyone would think this race was for points in a championship!
Very enjoyable race, thank you craig

Looks like the new livery will need a touch up after this one
2cqmfyu.jpg
acsk91.jpg
2jbmjo1.jpg

Awesome, brilliant racing tonight with the guys that I came across on my journey :)
Qualified 21st, and climbed my way up through the rankings during the race, ultimately finishing 8th.

I had a really fun battle with @Juan Roguez early on in the race, and when I managed to break free from him I started to catch up to @Steve Le Gallez , @Gasper Zupan and @alvaro inchausti who had a big 3 way fight ahead of me. Managed to squeeze past Alvaro after a lap or two, then started a fight with Gasper that went on for the remaining 30 minutes of the race. I lost count of the times we swapped positions, my BMW in the corners, but the Corvette charged back past again over the straight. In the end I think it was my sligtly less wounded tires that kept me ahead, as the Corvette looked like it was struggeling big time in the long corners.

Thanks again for hosting, I am already looking forward to the next race I can join in 2 weeks time :)

Had a good start, but then got involved in three incidents which put me at the back, the incidents had also scrubbed my tires, which made it very difficult to claw much back.

I had a great time though and really enjoyed myself even at the back. You guys that will not enter because you think you are slow, should really give it a go, there is plenty of fun even at the rear :thumbsup: ...of course we all want to win, its in our blood, but fun must come first, you will slowly start to gain some speed :thumbsup:

Many congrads to the podiums, a job very well done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and of course congrads to those that stuck with it and finished the race :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll also go ahead and say a shout out to the mad lads ahead of me I was watching in the first few laps

About 6 cars all jockeying for position through every corner and no one was killed, thats some really good racing I got to watch from a front row seat. Top Job

Also @Craig Dunkley can you stop getting caught in incidents so we can have an actual battle? :thumbsup: Feel like we had another good fight snatched away today at that first corner incident :(

Awesome, brilliant racing tonight with the guys that I came across on my journey :)
Qualified 21st, and climbed my way up through the rankings during the race, ultimately finishing 8th.

I had a really fun battle with @Juan Roguez early on in the race, and when I managed to break free from him I started to catch up to @Steve Le Gallez , @Gasper Zupan and @alvaro inchausti who had a big 3 way fight ahead of me. Managed to squeeze past Alvaro after a lap or two, then started a fight with Gasper that went on for the remaining 30 minutes of the race. I lost count of the times we swapped positions, my BMW in the corners, but the Corvette charged back past again over the straight. In the end I think it was my sligtly less wounded tires that kept me ahead, as the Corvette looked like it was struggeling big time in the long corners.

Thanks again for hosting, I am already looking forward to the next race I can join in 2 weeks time :)
I arrived late, without setup, little battle I could give, I knew you would overtake me and you would go forward, besides very few laps, I did not have time to catch race pace,I thought that Paul glover, who was coming from behind me, was going ahead fast and easy, but when I realized he had disappeared, tomorrow more, congratulations:):);)

Fun race.

It quickly became obvious I wouldn't be able to match @Pauli Ahonen pace (you were just too fast Pauli :thumbsup:) and knowing front tires could be a problem, my goal was to stay on the podium.

First time racing the Mercedes AMG, I was a little surprise with lap time, but after a while even without over heating front tires too much, the car became very understeery on corner entry and mid corner, when I saw the gap with @Marco Antonio Rodriguez slowly disappearing, I realized I would eventually loose that position.

After Marco Antonio made the pass, the battle to keep 3rd place was on with @Anders Jensen and that was easily the best part of the race for me, I eventually lost the battle after several laps and side by side corners, but really had a lot of fun loosing that position :)

Thanks @Marco Antonio Rodriguez and @Anders Jensen for the extremely clean fights, was a pleasure racing with you, and congratulation to the podium, well done.

Thank you all for and other fun event. :thumbsup:

First time racing the Mercedes AMG, I was a little surprise with lap time, but after a while even without over heating front tires too much, the car became very understeery on corner entry and mid corner, when I saw the gap with @Marco Antonio Rodriguez slowly disappearing, I realized I would eventually loose that position.

Fair play for getting the AMG upto a really decent pace. I've still not got my head around it yet but getting there, always seem to be 2 seconds off pole at best, but good to know it is possible now in the right hands so will keep working at it.

Wish i got round last night but 10 mins in got hot, lent over to turn my fan on, accidentally knocked my manual shifter into first and blew the engine. :mad:

Fun race.

It quickly became obvious I wouldn't be able to match @Pauli Ahonen pace (you were just too fast Pauli :thumbsup:) and knowing front tires could be a problem, my goal was to stay on the podium.

After Marco Antonio made the pass, the battle to keep 3rd place was on with @Anders Jensen and that was easily the best part of the race for me, I eventually lost the battle after several laps and side by side corners, but really had a lot of fun loosing that position :)

Thanks @Marco Antonio Rodriguez and @Anders Jensen for the extremely clean fights, was a pleasure racing with you, and congratulation to the podium, well done.

I tried the Amg too, to see why it's so bad and it wasn't. Fuel consumption was lot lower but tire wear maybe bit higher. I could just about beat you in the quali and aafter the first corner eas dealt in the race the snowball started to grow.
I knrw i had the edge.

Fun race.

Indeed a really god race and an awesome clean and hard battle! The Merc definitely had the legs on the BMW on the straits, but tires was a different story. Newer thought it would be possible to pass on the outside in the fast right hander, apparently I was wrong :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%