Scorpion S1 Formula 500

Cars Scorpion S1 Formula 500 1.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thrashy updated Scorpion S1 Formula 500 with a new update entry:

Now with 50% less cheese grater to the ears!

Minor update:
  • Version-locked the car to CSP 0.1.79 or greater
  • Included a revised, more pleasant sound bank
  • Fixed max steering lock (hat tip to @Frank25 )
  • Fixed a couple minor texture issues
  • Raised the floor of the COCKPIT_HR mesh slightly to try and fix track detail textures intersecting with the cockpit in VR (thanks @edwinjacobs )

Read the rest of this update entry...

After spending more time with it, I'm beginning to appreciate this mod more, and it helps to drive it on tracks where these are actually raced. I should also remember not to test a new mod while troubleshooting frustrating issues during a first build of a new prototype (IRL), nor just after an hour of setting fast laps in a simulated F1 car.

After reviewing what few videos I could find, I can see these cars can be twitchy, and it seems easy to force them to lose traction and even "snap" them around. Overall, I think the physics of this simulated version are very good, but it seems that as it gets closer to edge of grip, things get too loose, and it can suddenly become very unpredictable, uncontrollable, and more difficult to save than I would expect with a light car and slower speeds.

Testing again a day later, and just over an hour of becoming familiar with it, I'm getting close to 2 minutes at VIR, 1:32 at Road Atlanta (okay time), and Road America needs more improvement, as I'm just under 2:28 for the last practice session.

BTW, this is with CSP v1.79.

Last edited:
What an amazing fun little car this is!

Awesome work, and really intrigued by the usage of CSP physics enhancements, it definitely makes the car drive really well. Can't wait to fully start playing with setup and get the most out of this beast

I myself am considering making our 2022 FS car (it is also part of my thesis so I definitely need to research well and get things right) using some of these CSP tools, but I'm really struggling to find info to clarify what additional data lines are available and how they impact dynamic behaviour. Hope you don't mind I ask for some help privately, and resources can be provided if they exist explaining what can be done with CSP, particularly when it comes to the tyre model. Best regards!

What an amazing fun little car this is!

Awesome work, and really intrigued by the usage of CSP physics enhancements, it definitely makes the car drive really well. Can't wait to fully start playing with setup and get the most out of this beast

I myself am considering making our 2022 FS car (it is also part of my thesis so I definitely need to research well and get things right) using some of these CSP tools, but I'm really struggling to find info to clarify what additional data lines are available and how they impact dynamic behaviour. Hope you don't mind I ask for some help privately, and resources can be provided if they exist explaining what can be done with CSP, particularly when it comes to the tyre model. Best regards!
The CSP wiki has a lot of info on whats possible:

https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%