SFX-100 questions

How much is a SFX-100? I mean, what is the aproximate cost for having it completelly operational on your rig?
Also, how much weight can it bear? My rig is already very heavy, to which I would have to add my own weight.

Id say 2 grand would cover it and i doubt youd have a problem with weight. Unless you have some crazy heavy rig. I have a p1 which isnt light and use it on 110 volts with no issues.

Upvote 0
I doubt weight is an issue, I’m 105kg, the rig is probably 140kg with buttkickers, peripherals, GS-5 etc. and it doesn’t struggle at all to throw it all around. I tried it at max speed/acceleration and it was insanely powerful basically unusable at those speeds unless you are trying to simulate a bucking bronco.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem with my rig is that it has a lot of profiles, as well as a MDF board as base. Also, the profiles are heavy-type (thicker).

As regards the price, it's less expensive than I expected. I though we were talking more than 5000€.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Weight shouldn't be an issue.

When i have a driver in the seat, i can stand on one of the corners without the motion being affected at all. That means there an 80kg higher load on that single actuator and my rig is heavy to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's been 5 weeks since I placed the order with Kinetic but heard nothing back from them. So I'm seriously considering cancelling the order and just get everything from these guys. They quoted me US$2200 for all the parts + CNC stuff, and US$580 for shipping to Melbourne. It's a little higher than my original US$2.5k budget. But I really like the idea of building the whole thing in aluminium instead of plastic.

From what I read, SFX100 can handle hundreds of KG, easily!

Upvote 0
It's been 5 weeks since I placed the order with Kinetic but heard nothing back from them.

I used the ITEM24 profile and it worked fine, only took a couple days to get here to US. There are different STLs you can print that work with this profile, and they were even able to pre-tap all of the big bolt threads for me so I didn't need to buy the tapping tools and inserts. They also were able to provided me with mostly all of the bolts for the project. There is information on how to swap in this profile if anyone is interested. I went with it because they are in the US too and I heard lots of bad stories ordering from Kinetic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's been 5 weeks since I placed the order with Kinetic but heard nothing back from them. So I'm seriously considering cancelling the order and just get everything from these guys. They quoted me US$2200 for all the parts + CNC stuff, and US$580 for shipping to Melbourne. It's a little higher than my original US$2.5k budget. But I really like the idea of building the whole thing in aluminium instead of plastic.

From what I read, SFX100 can handle hundreds of KG, easily!

My guess is your stuff will show up real soon. I think mine took about 6 weeks. Once it moves its like 3 days to get it. You wont hear anything either it will just show up one day.lol

Upvote 0
The problem with my rig is that it has a lot of profiles, as well as a MDF board as base. Also, the profiles are heavy-type (thicker).

As regards the price, it's less expensive than I expected. I though we were talking more than 5000€.
Yes I was into thinking was 5/6/7k
I was sat scratching my head looking at all these sick rigs wondering what line of work these guys on here are in:roflmao:
Rocket scientists..

2k it’s a real viable option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello. My friend has just finished his sfx but obviously only has a basic license......how can he get a full license?

There isn't a whole lot more you can do with the paid version and the license needs to be renewed every year. I suggest to use the basic / free version first. And if he is ready to do something more advance, investing in the Thanos controller and SimTools will be a way better option. Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
Hello. My friend has just finished his sfx but obviously only has a basic license......how can he get a full license?

De basic version has full functionality and a lot of tuning options. De expert version gives you only more functions like making your own graph, live tuning and streamdeck support.

We need to wait until Saxxon has worked out his plan to combat commercial abuse of his designs.
I have to admit it takes longer than i thought it would.

The license has an expiration date, but renewing it is very easy once you are in the discord channel.
You do not have to pay on a yearly basis.

Simtools is complicated imho and does not feature things like live tuning.

Upvote 0
His main issue is that he feels like some of the effects are tied together. Is that likely to be just a characteristic of simfeedback? ie. The braking and acceleration are linked where if he increases one effect then he gets too much of another effect.

Upvote 0
His main issue is that he feels like some of the effects are tied together. Is that likely to be just a characteristic of simfeedback? ie. The braking and acceleration are linked where if he increases one effect then he gets too much of another effect.

I dont know about that software but you can definitely fix the using the min/max values in Simtools.

Upvote 0
My SFX100 cost me about £1600 (possibly slightly more), including my 3D printer.
Its great for sim racing, but also converts to flight sims in about 30 sseconds.

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_6823.jpg

You dont need a Thanos unit or sim tools, SFB will do everything you need and is very easy to use and set up.

A photo of your rig will give a better idea, but i promise you wont have any issues with weight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have ordered from eRacing lab a month ago DIY MEGA.

I can only say a few things. The procedure was flawless, communication 10/10, quality 10/10.
Help and availabilty from Alex was amazing.

100% reccomend!

And some pictures:

48D94349-834B-4792-82D4-3910A2A626E7.jpeg
953AFAD5-11F0-4211-81C7-BF4312C5E1E2.jpeg

In video:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 257 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website