SFX-100 questions

How much is a SFX-100? I mean, what is the aproximate cost for having it completelly operational on your rig?
Also, how much weight can it bear? My rig is already very heavy, to which I would have to add my own weight.

I have ordered from eRacing lab a month ago DIY MEGA.

I can only say a few things. The procedure was flawless, communication 10/10, quality 10/10.
Help and availabilty from Alex was amazing.

100% reccomend!

And some pictures:

View attachment 408289
View attachment 408290

In video:

The red looks so HOT on black. Well done!

Upvote 0
I have ordered from eRacing lab a month ago DIY MEGA.

I can only say a few things. The procedure was flawless, communication 10/10, quality 10/10.
Help and availabilty from Alex was amazing.

100% reccomend!

And some pictures:

View attachment 408289
View attachment 408290

In video:
It looks very nice in red, and all aluminium, the pads it’s standing on looks cool, where do i get a set?

Upvote 0
The whole idea of the sfx project is that it was a diy non profit making system.
Its really not difficult to build or to source the part, heres a link full of links to everything youll need.....
And heres a link to a great series of build videos......

Upvote 0
My rig is going to weigh in at around 650lbs when it's all finished and I'm on board, is this likely to be an issue at all? Does anybody else have a super heavy rig+driver?

Upvote 0
Pretty cool, I did not know you could do 4 actuators for this costs. I love that there are plans available for DIY. I had been split between doing an 80/20 rig for stiffness and a cheap DOF Reality H3 for motion. This seems to allow me to do the stiff 80/20 chassis I want but with motion in my budget. Any pitfalls to be aware of or any downsides to this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pretty cool, I did not know you could do 4 actuators for this costs. I love that there are both plans available for DIY and kits as options for those who just want to buy everything they need. I had been split between doing an 80/20 rig for stiffness and a cheap DOF Reality H3 for motion. This seems to allow me to do the stiff 80/20 chassis I want but with motion in my budget. Any pitfalls to be aware of or any downsides to this?

DOF H3 is like the kids' rides at Disneyland and SFX-100 is like the Viper ride at Six Flags, making adults scream in fear.
The speed, the amount of precision is completely different... The H3 cannot support a DD comfortably. And it doesn't quickly stop motion, so there's like a slight "wiggling" when it moves.

People end up modifying it to support DD, and once you add that weight, you end up severely limiting its speed. The servos used in SFX-100 are incredibly strong. A loading weight of 250kg will not slow them down. People even attach G9 monitors, along with their DD wheels, hydraulic pedals and massive seats with belt tensioners to their SFX-100 rigs and they still end up using their servos at around half speed (1500 RPM).

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I am now getting deep into reading about this setup and am super excited. I think I might buy a 3D printer and really go for it. I have been interested in 3D printers and this seems like it would both be a fun project that I could learn from and have a great product at the end. I have not gotten all the way through all the info out there yet, but I feel a bit guilty about how things currently sit. It really is pretty impressive what what been provided for the community here. I do see value in it and am grateful.

Upvote 0
Just a heads up but you can get the MIGE motors slightly cheaper if you email Lisa from MIGE directly.
hzmgdjlisa@outlook.com
I would imagine maybe $15-20 at minimum cheaper per motor. But hey, every dollar counts.
Thanks for the tip!
I send her an email yesterday and got the answer last night. It's possible to get motors straight from the factory, but there is a problem:

"...we do not have AC Servo Drivers AASD-15A, my driver model is DS100S-75 and MG1000C-30L"

I have no idea does these drivers work in this project.

Eracing-lab say in their page that they sell MiGE servos with AASD-15A drivers "These motors are manufactured and shipped directly from MiGE".
This is bit odd! Maybe eracing-lab send drivers separately?

EDIT: I did some googling: someone mentioned in xsimulator forum, that AASD servo driver is not made by MiGE.

" Through my questions with Mige I found that no they do not make or supply AASD servos. They have two servo models called MG1000C and DS100S-75."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I am now getting deep into reading about this setup and am super excited. I think I might buy a 3D printer and really go for it. I have been interested in 3D printers and this seems like it would both be a fun project that I could learn from and have a great product at the end. I have not gotten all the way through all the info out there yet, but I feel a bit guilty about how things currently sit. It really is pretty impressive what what been provided for the community here. I do see value in it and am grateful.
To get you started quickly: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...y-motion-simulator-thread.159524/post-3044902

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip!
I send her an email yesterday and got the answer last night. It's possible to get motors straight from the factory, but there is a problem:

"...we do not have AC Servo Drivers AASD-15A, my driver model is DS100S-75 and MG1000C-30L"

Eracing-lab say in their page that they sell MiGE servos with AASD-15A drivers "These motors are manufactured and shipped directly from MiGE".

EDIT: I did some googling: someone mentioned in xsimulator forum, that AASD servo driver is not made by MiGE.

" Through my questions with Mige I found that no they do not make or supply AASD servos. They have two servo models called MG1000C and DS100S-75."

You are correct, mige does not make/sell aasd15a drives. The two drives that mige make will not plug into the thanos control. Do not get them.
Getting these brushless servo motors from different vendors hasn't made a difference for me. I have about 20 motors from 4 different manufacturers including mige and the quality has always been very high.

In my opinion, you should buy from one of the vendors on aliexpress that will agree to shield the motor power wires as well as the control wires. This is a no brainer, I've had to replace all my motor power wires with shielded wire and it takes time.

Upvote 0
Just a heads up but you can get the MIGE motors slightly cheaper if you email Lisa from MIGE directly.
hzmgdjlisa@outlook.com
I would imagine maybe $15-20 at minimum cheaper per motor. But hey, every dollar counts.
Doing this could end up being a nightmare. What you're suggesting is buy a mige motor and pair it with an aasd15a motor yourself, which can work, but you will likely have to resolder the control connector and reprogram the parameters of the aasd15a.
I bought 4 motors from mige years ago for direct drive and picked 10kppm encoders for higher resolution on my osw. Guess what, aasd wont drive high resolution encoders. So I cant use any of those motors with the thanos setup.

Just buy a paired servo motor and aasd15a drive from aliexpress. Too much potential for hassle otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip!

What was the price from Mige for just the motor?

Upvote 0
In my opinion, you should buy from one of the vendors on aliexpress that will agree to shield the motor power wires as well as the control wires. This is a no brainer, I've had to replace all my motor power wires with shielded wire and it takes time.
I just ordered servos, drivers and other actuator internal parts from Ntl-bearing. Servos should come with shielded cables as stated in the invoice.

What was the price from Mige for just the motor?
She didn't mention any prices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 201 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 18.8%
  • Watch party