Share your VR graphic settings

Hey guys!

I have an Oculus Rift S, and when I use the performance hud (activated with OTT), I noticed that the overall performance is pretty bad.

Running ACC without it, there are not stutters and I am able to use fabhdz's setup as is (except for the color and tone map since I prefer the saturation around 80) without the engine.ini file.

To test it, I am using Spa with 30 AI cars and full visibility of the grid.

I read that would be ideal to keep a 20% headroom, but I feel that when I am using the hud, I am actually leaving too much room since it is not taking in consideration the performance overhead caused by the monitor itself.

How do you guys are making sure that the configuration that you are using is not impacting the perf too much?

Config: 3800X, 16GB 3600 16, 2800 Super OC
ACC Running with Resolution scale 90, Pixel Density 190

Thank you!

Hey guys!

I have an Oculus Rift S, and when I use the performance hud (activated with OTT), I noticed that the overall performance is pretty bad.

Running ACC without it, there are not stutters and I am able to use fabhdz's setup as is (except for the color and tone map since I prefer the saturation around 80) without the engine.ini file.

To test it, I am using Spa with 30 AI cars and full visibility of the grid.

I read that would be ideal to keep a 20% headroom, but I feel that when I am using the hud, I am actually leaving too much room since it is not taking in consideration the performance overhead caused by the monitor itself.

How do you guys are making sure that the configuration that you are using is not impacting the perf too much?

Config: 3800X, 16GB 3600 16, 2800 Super OC
ACC Running with Resolution scale 90, Pixel Density 190

Thank you!

Hey Doug,
I'm using FPSVR which is an app on Steam, give it a try!

The game have a FPS in game, set "fPSVisible" to 1 in this file C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\hud.json
;) I made my graphics settings with this, at 40fps / 25ms.

Hi!

Spec:
CPU: Ryzen 2700X,
Ram speed: 3200 Mhz
VGA: RTX 2070S
VR: Oculus Rift@90fps

Settings:

"resolutionQuality": 90,
"viewDistanceQuality": 0,
"antiAliasingQuality": 0,
"shadowQuality": 0,
"postProcessQuality": 0,
"textureQuality": 2,
"effectsQuality": 0,
"foliageQuality": 0,
"mirrorQualityLevel": 1,
"maxCarsVisible": 10,
"isAATemporal": true,
"aACustom": 0,
"pixelDensity": 1.5,
"mirrorDistance": 2000,
"advancedSharpenFilter": true,
"materialsQuality": 0,
"temporalUpsampling": true,
"volumetricFog": 0,
"bloomLevel": 0,
"bloomQuality": 0,
"mirrorsResolution": 0,
"foliageLodQuality": 0.30000001192092896,
"carLODSet": 25,
"hLODEnabled": true,
"shadowDistanceQuality": 0,
"frameLimit": 0,
"isMBlurEnabled": 0,
"colorSaturation": 1,
"sharpen": 0.84999996423721313,
"cameraDirtLevel": 3,
"whiteBalance": 9300,
"imageExposureGain": 0.39999997615814209,
"imageContrast": 0.39999997615814209,
"hmdWorldToMeters": 100,
"fpsCapUI": true,
"useLegacyTonemapper": false,
"hDRColorGamut": 2,
"hDRUILevel": 1

VRSettings.json:

"mainMenuLayerDistance": 100,
"mainMenuLayerSize": 160,
"mainMenuLayerType": 1,
"raceMenuLayerDistance": 50,
"raceMenuLayerSize": 78,
"raceMenuLayerType": 1,
"hUDLayerDistance": 35,
"hUDLayerSize": 84,
"hUDLayerType": 1,
"spectatorScreenMode": 0

engine.ini modification (thx 2 fabhdz):

[ConsoleVariables]
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
a.URO.ForceInterpolation=1
a.URO.ForceAnimRate=2
r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
r.UseShaderCaching=1
r.UseShaderPredraw=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.FramesForFullUpdate=1
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True
r.Streaming.DefragDynamicBounds=1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
r.Streaming.Boost=0
r.Streaming.PoolSize=0
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1

I can't use VR with ASW/motion smoothing, my head is dizzy within 20 minutes due to the higher latency. But @90 fps i can play 4 hours without any side effects. It runs smooth with this settings, but i welcome any advice.

Please post your memory speed as well, because it makes great impact in performance.

Last edited:
Ok I am SO HAPPY right now!!!

I felt like I needed to share these settings I finally settled on after HOURS and HOURS of testing and changing every damn thing! But yesss I feel like I finally cracked it lol.

First of all my specs are Ryzen 2700x, 1080ti (slighly OCed), 3200mhz DDR4 and running on an SSD. Headset is Samsung Oddysey+. If ANYONE is using a setup similar to mine I HIGHLY recommend trying these out. KEEP IN MIND I AM RUNNING THE HEADSET AT 60HZ, so 60 FPS. If you are using reprojection you will be able to up the resolution or pixel density even more. For 90HZ I am not sure, as I have not tested.

MY GOAL AFTER HOURS OF TRYING: Find the right balance between fluid frames, sharpness, details and a CLEAN image (I see a lot of people forcing sharpness too much through the engine.ini and to me it looks awful, just artifacts everywhere). I barely had to compromise on things I care about (only detail is foliage on low but I couldn't care less).

I hope this helps some of you guys, I am sooo happy with these settings, it looks GREAT on the Samsung and runs SMOOOOTH. I just had a 25 min race in the rain and it looked amazing and did not drop any frames.

IMPORTANT: Set SteamVR SuperSampling to 150%, that is crucial!

Please let me know how it works for you! I leave you two settings, one has a higher Resolution, the other one higher Pixel Density. Main difference I see is the Resolution one is cleaner, the PD one a bit sharper. It's up to taste I would say.

Attachments

• Def PD.json
    988 bytes · Views: 139
  • Def RES.json
    988 bytes · Views: 121
  • Engine.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 141
Oh and one more important thing for anyone using a WMR headset: I'm running under "Optimize for performance" in the Mixed Portal settings. I believe it may SLIGHTLY lower FOV (I really can't tell) but makes everything sharper.

I just finished another race and I can't believe I don't have to worry about changing settings anymore. I can finally focus on just racing lol.

This is the best I have come up with so far. I am on WMR Samsung Odyssey +, 45fps motion reprojection auto. RTX 2080, i7 9700k, 16gb of RAM 3200. NO ENGINE.INI tweaks. Steam SS at 100%.

I hope this helps someone. I know its not 90fps, but I have never been able to find any settings that look good without using reprojection, and I have been trying and trying. These settings seem to give enough detail, while still maintaining smooth gameplay, especially in online multiplayer races (which is mostly what I do). Depending on the circuit/cars, you can dial up the volumetric fog and bloom another notch. You can also move the pixel density up or down one notch depending (I run it mostly around 145-150). Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• VR RACE.json
    973 bytes · Views: 82
This is the best I have come up with so far. I am on WMR Samsung Odyssey +, 45fps motion reprojection auto. RTX 2080, i7 9700k, 16gb of RAM 3200. NO ENGINE.INI tweaks. Steam SS at 100%.

I hope this helps someone. I know its not 90fps, but I have never been able to find any settings that look good without using reprojection, and I have been trying and trying. These settings seem to give enough detail, while still maintaining smooth gameplay, especially in online multiplayer races (which is mostly what I do). Depending on the circuit/cars, you can dial up the volumetric fog and bloom another notch. You can also move the pixel density up or down one notch depending (I run it mostly around 145-150). Let me know what you think.

i have the same config rtx 2080 I7 9700K 16GB RAM i can't find better on ACC even on AC with odyssey plus

i have the same config rtx 2080 I7 9700K 16GB RAM i can't find better on ACC even on AC with odyssey plus

Somake, you think I'm in the right neighborhood with these settings? Since you have the same hardware, I'm curious. I can turn off volumetric fog and probably gain a few fps... I have even gone with low settings and had a smooth 90fps, but it looks like a comic book... defeats the purpose, I think.

Somake, you think I'm in the right neighborhood with these settings? Since you have the same hardware, I'm curious. I can turn off volumetric fog and probably gain a few fps... I have even gone with low settings and had a smooth 90fps, but it looks like a comic book... defeats the purpose, I think.
Have you tried running it at 60hz instead of 45 reprojection? It is WAY better IMO.

[QUOTE = "BlaKArg, message: 3201188, membre: 247113"]
Avez-vous essayé de le faire fonctionner à 60 Hz au lieu de 45 reprojection? C'est bien mieux IMO.
[/CITATION]

euh! no never i give it a try....

I have tried 60hz, and even in the new May 2020 update, there is a noticeable flickering and lack of smoothness. Not ideal for me. But you are correct, there is a bit of inherent clarity simply running in 60hz.

Wow really? I guess I am lucky then not noticing it. I can only notice flickering on VERY white surfaces (like the cockpit cage in the Audi) and it doesn't bother me at all. As far as smoothness, I think it's way better than ASW. Sorry to hear it's not ideal for you! But you should give my settings a try, they should work very well for you. I tried yours and we're not far, but mine sharper/clearer (try SteamSS at %150, your specs are similar, I got up to 150%SS, 70 RES and 165 pixel density).

Wow really? I guess I am lucky then not noticing it. I can only notice flickering on VERY white surfaces (like the cockpit cage in the Audi) and it doesn't bother me at all. As far as smoothness, I think it's way better than ASW. Sorry to hear it's not ideal for you! But you should give my settings a try, they should work very well for you. I tried yours and we're not far, but mine sharper/clearer (try SteamSS at %150, your specs are similar, I got up to 150%SS, 70 RES and 165 pixel density).

Just tried your settings, with the engine.ini, 60hz, optimize for performance in WMR, 150% SS in steam. Really really good... very nice on the DEF Res setting.. with the PD setting I needed to come down on pixel density or it went to reprojection a few times a lap.

There was none of the flickering I remember.. but there was something in the very edges, like different colored pixels not rendering properly. Could have been the game.

Very impressed. Now I’m torn... I will compare the 60hz with 45fps reprojection tomorrow. Thank you.

Just tried your settings, with the engine.ini, 60hz, optimize for performance in WMR, 150% SS in steam. Really really good... very nice on the DEF Res setting.. with the PD setting I needed to come down on pixel density or it went to reprojection a few times a lap.

There was none of the flickering I remember.. but there was something in the very edges, like different colored pixels not rendering properly. Could have been the game.

Very impressed. Now I’m torn... I will compare the 60hz with 45fps reprojection tomorrow. Thank you.

Whoa that's so weird haha. I definitely don't have that issue. Could it have anything to do with Windows Updates, drivers, etc? I know any change in Windows usually messes something up on WMR.

As far as holding 60 FPS on the PD setting I have to slightly OC my 1080ti, otherwise it dips a bit. But changing some settings from high to mid gets me up to 70 RES and 165 PD which looks great, even at a distance.

I'm very happy with these settings, hope they end up working out for you!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%