Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Handbrake upgrade :)

23705400209_d27b73340c.jpg

Sim_rig.jpg

Prusa%20i3x.jpg

Very nearly completed my current system setup ... seat for the rig was an Ikea Poang chair.

Thrustmaster T500RS GT wheel
Logitech G25/27 Pedals with Ricmotech Loadcell & Bodnar cable.
Logitech G27 shifter with Bodnar cable
34" AOC UW-QHD monitor
23" Samsung 1080p monitor
Sennheiser HD650 headphones
EDTracker [OpenTrack]
i5 4690K [4.5Ghz], 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3, OC GTX980Ti

Newest toy; GeeeTech Prusa i3X 3D printer, hoping to print my own sequential shifter :)

Probable upgrades; i7 4790K, 16GB DDR3, plus either Oculus Rift or HTC Vive ...

rig1.jpg

My first Rig. Has taken my weeks to put together being in a wheelchair, spent most of the time on the floor lol
Love it though, makes such a difference. RaceRoom looks fantastic but Project Cars make me queasy and not sure if I can carry on with it, may have to wait for Project Cars 2, I don't want to start changing from 1 screen to 3 all the time. Anyone else had this issue and did you manage to fix it. May try iRacing too if I can't get Project Cars to my liking.

I'm going to have a play with FOV settings. I'm going to move the monitors as close to the wheel as I can. I wear glasses so will have to stick to my focus range. I think my monitors are currently at about 75 degrees so will bring them in to 60 degrees as I sit about 23" from the monitor. I've read that is about the right calculation, don't know if anyone can confirm that or not.

From your pic that monitor angle looks more like 20-30 degrees?
Or 15 degrees if you think you have measured 75 degrees.
Side monitor angles are measured from a flat line of 3 then angling your outer screens in towards you from 0 degrees ( flat line of monitors) to 90 degrees ( where 90 degrees is making 3 sides of a box)
Rig looking good!!

Hi Robert,
Yeah, think I had the protractor upside down lol, i've moved them in quite a bit now, 55-60 degrees.
Couldn't have the screens right up to the wheel as my glasses wouldn't focus that close :( may have to go and get some sim glasses lol

Yep I run my triple 27's at about 40 degrees.
Eyes to screen is 550mm measured.
Do you play Asset to Corsa, the game has a triple screen app that is brilliant for setting up true triple screen rendering, something PCars couldn't make happen unfortunately.
What size are those monitors?

screens are 27", I do have Assetto Corsa but didn't see that setup app, will have to have another look.
Yes I can't play Project Cars for long without getting queasy at the moment, thats why I moved the monitors outwards, but it didn't help and it spoiled the other games so I moved them back in.
I'm about 50mm further away than that, couldn't get closer with my glasses.

CSW etc small.JPG
OMP_small.JPG
pedals_small.JPG

My very simple rig.
The other purposes of the room preclude triple screens.
Cheap computer desk with stick on carbon fibre.
Fanatec CSW V2
Modded CSR pedals
Dashmeter Pro
26 inch PC monitor. (2ms)
The nice part. Its a genuine FIA approved OMP race seat. Bolted to a wooden stool so it can be put away when people want to sit in our "sitting room".

IMG_5929.JPG

This is my old sim room setup sadly dismantled this very evening :(

I've had an extension build and its almost finished, so hopefully after Wednesday when my carpets are fitted I'll be moving in to my much bigger mancave, complete with ensuite bathroom :D

Currently running x3 Asus 27" monitors with Fanatec CSW v2, CSP v2, Derek Spears Designs Trackboss and side panel button boxes and Fanatec H pattern shifter that you cant quite see in this picture (its mounted on the right of the wheel).

I'll be getting some Buttkickers once in the new room, looking at one for each corner and one under the seat at first, but need to do plenty of research before that decision is finalised yet..

Will be having a look and think about some kind of enclosure or something around the screens to keep out light and outside distractions, plus I want to make it look a bit more race car like.

Other than that, just going to make use of my new space with a TV and sofa, beer fridge (essential) and see how it goes!

Updated pics with new room will be uploaded after Wednesday...

So where to begin. I first started getting an interest in racing games at the tender age of 10 with Toca Race Driver. My dad got my brother and I a Logitech Formula Force as we'd been asking for one for years. Finally we got one! We thought this was the peak of technology!

After a few more years and the release of Race07 I started racing a bit more and started racing online with a wheel as you should but the FF wasnt quite up to scratch as you'd expect so we got a G27, much better than the FF! Still was racing with a table clamp, a brief case to raise the pedals and a camping chair.
964542_10153089793995024_914143464_o.jpg

More years passed and I wanted a Fanatec wheel. I got the Fanatec bundle with the pedals and shifter for a bargain! But living in my flat with my girlfriend, I needed something that could be packed away quick so I got a Wheelstand pro. Was great but still not amazing with a camping chair behind it and a tv that was too far away.

10945664_10155094298210024_6179578839652667087_n.jpg

I managed to negotiate a small corner of our flat to make my first cockpit: a wheelstand with a frame constructed around it so I could mount my monitor much closer than the TV and bolt a cheap bucket seat onto it! This was a great inexpensive solution! But the downside was I couldn't brake hard as the frame would move if I did and the centre post made it a bit difficult to get in and out.

11535928_10155627383065024_2072221917877795874_n.jpg
My current project is a full on, hard mounted cockpit, my current WIP! Still need to mount my button box and give it some paint but its much better than anything I've built up to now! After this I hope to upgrade to a 27 inch monitor and bolt some bass transducers on!

WP_20160115_13_42_46_Pro.jpg

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%