Show us your Rig / Cockpit

congrats nice setup,
oh boy that g9 turns me on
Thx, I just bought a Palit 3080 Gaming Pro OC card hopefully get some nice boost over my old card,
should be here tomorrow or the day after once its setup and running ill take some nice pics,
I did want a gopro last month but not sure with the G9 if I could keep it all in the screen the views tend to be really wide, my old triples was almost like a cage was perfect for recording :D

Thx, I just bought a Palit 3080 Gaming Pro OC card hopefully get some nice boost over my old card,
should be here tomorrow or the day after once its setup and running ill take some nice pics,
I did want a gopro last month but not sure with the G9 if I could keep it all in the screen the views tend to be really wide, my old triples was almost like a cage was perfect for recording :D

waiting for your tests really intersted about ACC with the 3080 on that screen, pretty sure all other sims will run full epic 120 FPS + but ACC is hard

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
waiting for your tests really intersted about ACC with the 3080 on that screen, pretty sure all other sims will run full epic 120 FPS + but ACC is hard
Yes true
This screen with Gsync enabled + HDR and all settings on epic I’m hitting roughly around 85-88 FPS with my 2080ti
I’m really hoping with the 3080 to be close to 120fps mark

AC I’m hitting around 140-180 in replays and cockpit view around 175fps so again I might get over 200+

tbh I’m not sure if using the screen at 120hz or 240hz would effect the FPS at all
I’ll try it now and edit this post under it

EDIT 1

EVGA RTX 2080Ti ~ AC Ultra maxed out all settings running Gsync
Samsung G9 240HZ
1602083709506.png

EDIT 2

Samsung G9 120HZ
1602084388457.png

Well tbh not even sure what I expected both runs was using the same car 100% the same view and track 0 difference at all and both run 7 laps each to the finish line,
I didnt even think the difference would show at all and maybe be best to reboot the PC to update the video settings globally that might help so ill run a 3rd test just out of sheer curiosity,

well I restarted and run the same exact test at 120hz 0 changes now not sure what to think with it,
I did notice 1 thing though this Gsync is godly inside AC and ACC the trees LOD are terrible,
1602085309304.png

Last edited:
Hi, rig was a custom design not SimLabs,
I designed my own but designed it for triples which I switched out for the G9
My own design the 2 vertical uprights would be higher than the screen as it’s more narrow, so kept this test rig I was using I’ll sell my other one on later when I take some pics,
I used these plates not sure how thick they are but leaves the G9 with some angle because of the weight of it but feels stable although feels strange mounting that weight tbh :D

View attachment 411032
View attachment 411031
You did a really nice job with this. Thanks for the reply and photos.

• Deleted member 197115

I think at 120hz you can still use 10bit color, at least LG 38GN950 allows that, anything over is 8 bit.
Can it maintain 4:4:4 subsampling at 240, probably not?
For gameplay, keep frame limiter at where your eyes feel comfortably, no reason to cook the system with 240 fps. It's also better for latency with GSync (to keep it under refresh rate).
Would be nice to have separate thread with all your impressions and findings. May be mod can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think at 120hz you can still use 10bit color, at least LG 38GN950 allows that, anything over is 8 bit.
Can it maintain 4:4:4 subsampling at 240, probably not?
For gameplay, keep frame limiter at where your eyes feel comfortably, no reason to cook the system with 240 fps. It's also better for latency with GSync (to keep it under refresh rate).
Would be nice to have separate thread with all your impressions and findings. May be mod can help.
Main 2 things I can say at this point in time regarding the screen,
the curve is just perfect feels so natural to your eyes the curve by far the best experience I have had with a screen out of the box,
no matter if changing from triple 24 inch to 27 inch to 32 inch, ~a TV or a single monitor it always took some adjusting to my eyes the differences,
here with the G9 because of the curve and how natural it is to the eye instantly just felt natural even moving from larger triple 32" ultrawide,

Negative point is the screen gets very warm with high brightness and contrast so using,
Brightness 20
Contrast 50
Sharpness 40
Color Custom,

here feels really nice the entire screen is really low heat signature the surface almost cool to cold,

anything much higher than this gets really warm and out of the box settings its very hot was making me sweat some,

but sat here long periods of time like I use it for working and 3D the settings above are perfect for my eyes and games anyways just noticed the difference in the heat from altering the settings,

but someone sat as close as me who likes to use high brightness and contrast would struggle long periods of time I feel its almost overwhelming.

• Deleted member 197115

Heat? This is odd. Does it heat that much at lower refresh, like 120hz?

Heat? This is odd. Does it heat that much at lower refresh, like 120hz?
Not too sure I’ll try it later tonight before I go to bed,
I just noticed since I made the screen how I like it dimmer and not too bright it’s way cooler, I only made a custom profile settings, but it gets really warm and most likely the main cause of the bezel issues I imagine,

my previous Samsung 32 ultrawide
They got really warm like the bottom left side maybe half way over the screen and around 35% upwards so all the bottom left side,
All my 3 screens split there the bezels at the bottom left so presume the high heat tempts just ruined it they rate all these screens 10-40c yes
I bet anything 1st day or so my G9 running easily 35+ now it’s more like 10-13c
I wish I had something to test it with like a heat gun maybe one of these COVID ones be good I’ll look online later,

but the G9 is different to my CJG5 screens the G9 gets the same hotness 100% everywhere on the surface,
I’ll check it later when it’s not in use.

Last edited:
This was repeatedly reported on the net. The G9 seems to be a radiator.
Yes seems so insane warm with high brightness, just going to go out now maybe 1 hr I’ll turn it up to 70 brightness I think it was or I’ll change the profile and look again when I come back

E0338E32-2DD8-4A65-AC28-82377E6E9369.jpeg
E9AB5231-6BDF-4A28-B827-738D400C3B0F.jpeg

EDIT
Was just walking outside to leave I could hear the screen making cracking noises heating up so binned the test,
But was getting really warm/hot I only use 20/25% brightness and that is about perfect to me, 100% 4/5 times more I think it wouldn’t last too long before the glue start melting inside :D

Last edited:
Geez, what did they put inside?
Not sure it’s cold here now maybe 18/20c room tempt after 4/5 minutes on 100% brightness could hear it cracking only faint but not something I’d rather sustain long periods of time so turned it off,
Never be in these conditions for me but seems environment sensitive so maybe something to look out for

Not sure it’s cold here now maybe 18/20c room tempt after 4/5 minutes on 100% brightness could hear it cracking only faint but not something I’d rather sustain long periods of time so turned it off,
Never be in these conditions for me but seems environment sensitive so maybe something to look out for
I read a comment on Amazon that a customer returned his G9 because of the loud crackling noises even 4 hours after switching the monitor off. Seems a bit overproduced reason to return the product, but maybe he sleeps beside his rig, who knows.

[EDIT] I read something about 60-70°C surface temperatures at the monitor...not sure that is true.

Last edited:
I read a comment on Amazon that a customer returned his G9 because of the loud crackling noises even 4 hours after switching the monitor off. Seems a bit overproduced reason to return the product, but maybe he sleeps beside his rig, who knows.

[EDIT] I read something about 60-70°C surface temperatures at the monitor...not sure that is true.
I think it’s related to the brightness of the pixels so 100% brightness just using full power on everything,
Wasn’t loud the cracking but could hear it around the monitor on the plastic bezels it’s nothing inside the screen for sure
Just natural expansion due to heat I imagine,
For example here it’s really cool now so even making it 100% brightness and the screen getting twice warmer everything just adjusting to it, either way it’s conditions I’ll never be using even at 30% brightness it’s too much for my eyes it’s really bright, 100% is unrealistic I feel

Yes true
This screen with Gsync enabled + HDR and all settings on epic I’m hitting roughly around 85-88 FPS with my 2080ti
I’m really hoping with the 3080 to be close to 120fps mark

AC I’m hitting around 140-180 in replays and cockpit view around 175fps so again I might get over 200+

tbh I’m not sure if using the screen at 120hz or 240hz would effect the FPS at all
I’ll try it now and edit this post under it

EDIT 1

Samsung G9 240HZ
View attachment 411095

EDIT 2

Samsung G9 120HZ
View attachment 411096

Well tbh not even sure what I expected both runs was using the same car 100% the same view and track 0 difference at all and both run 7 laps each to the finish line,
I didnt even think the difference would show at all and maybe be best to reboot the PC to update the video settings globally that might help so ill run a 3rd test just out of sheer curiosity,

well I restarted and run the same exact test at 120hz 0 changes now not sure what to think with it,
I did notice 1 thing though this Gsync is godly inside AC and ACC the trees LOD are terrible,
View attachment 411104
I think it’s related to the brightness of the pixels so 100% brightness just using full power on everything,
Wasn’t loud the cracking but could hear it around the monitor on the plastic bezels it’s nothing inside the screen for sure
Just natural expansion due to heat I imagine,
For example here it’s really cool now so even making it 100% brightness and the screen getting twice warmer everything just adjusting to it, either way it’s conditions I’ll never be using even at 30% brightness it’s too much for my eyes it’s really bright, 100% is unrealistic I feel

cc if it s not too much to ask can you post fov pics from différents sims with the g9.

cc if it s not too much to ask can you post fov pics from différents sims with the g9.
Yes give me a few days to sort everything out,
I could go right now and do it but even AC which I use all the time the FOV im not totally happy with,
be quite some work setting it all up nicely be pointless without a good FOV,
ill set a dedicated thread up also before someone tells me off for spamming this thread :D

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 484 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 297 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 319 45.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.2%
Back