Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Not as hightech as everyone else. But it does it job. :D

foto0263.jpg

Is that 2 Xbox 360's and a news papper infront? I looks like you took your time to preper this photo becauce normaly a TV controler would not point at the direction it points at. (move it 10 degreese to the right :p ).

Is that 2 Xbox 360's and a news papper infront? I looks like you took your time to preper this photo becauce normaly a TV controler would not point at the direction it points at. (move it 10 degreese to the right :p ).

Ivo Suffers from OCD (obsesive, compulsive dissorder) everything is at 90deg angles and has to be placed just so!:tongue::tongue:

My Cockpit project

Still very unfinished but at least you can see where it's going....

12092010_008.jpg12092010_003.jpg12092010_001.jpg

Right side pod can be opened like a door (for those who don't want to climb into the cockpit)

12092010_004.jpg

Both the right and left pods are designed to hold cables etc. but right now I haven't finished it so all cables still are open on the right - when finished there will be just a docking station for the notebook and no loose cables.

The seat is on a slider so it can be adjusted to the drivers height.

The screen is also connected to my cable receiver and can be used as a TV screen if not racing..

12092010_013.jpg

First step (already started) on the to do list will be a merge of my DFP wheel technique with the red Momo Force leather wheel/metal shifters if i figute out how to attach the momo with the buttons still working. Since I can't afford the Fanatec Porsche (or G27) wheel this is the best option from my point of view as it gives me 6 buttons on the wheel and the momo leather wheel with the metal shifters 'feels' better to me than G25 or G27 - and for my driving skills the DFP is precise enough

12092010_009.jpg11092010.jpg

Next step will be a 'dashboard' to hold the keypad and a USB gamepad where the buttons will be assigned to different functions - right now only the keypad sits loose on the place where the dashboard will be

12092010_010.jpg

If finished, the dash will be in carbon look and the keypad and gamepad buttons will be in different colors with symbols for lights or seat movement in game

After that is painting the whole rig in team colors.

If I ever feel like using a separate shifter it can be fit into the right side pod without any problems - place for wiring is already there - but right now the right pod is used for placing beverages only :D

Thought about a touchscreen display for a while but I think I like the dashboard look better than another screen for the touchscreen.

I've placed a Frex in my simrace-temple
After 2 hours of frustrating installing and checking cables :confused: I've finally managed to get it up and running.

And WOW, is that a superset!
Really adds some dimensions to the game.

Placed a matras under the set to make my girlfriend happier, as the set made a lot of noise when standing directly on our floor.
Ow, and I also placed a white Sparco Pro2000 seat on it.
That seat is a little bit wider than the one that was on the set when I've bought it.
And with my 90kg's that's a good thing.

Doesn't look very funky with that odd matras under it, but I have a solution in mind for that.
IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

My brother in law was just here, we both drove some laps in the Frex Simconmotion and made a compilation of the 3 video's with the Formula Master at Zandvoort.

See you all @ season 2 of RDLMS :cool:

Jarno is that a FREX sequential shifter you have attached to your simracing cockpit? How easy was it to hook up? I'm thinking about getting the FREX seq shifter universal wires one which all I need to do is wire/solder it to a USB then I'm good to go correct?

Cool racing rig by the way! :)

While being on summer vacation at the seaside I was a little boring and so I planned to extend my basic rig "STEP 1" (shown some posts later) with new pedals and full motion via X-Sim. http://www.x-simulator.de

After some hours in the internet I decided to order the Simxperience starter kit with 150mm SCN5 and the holders /dampners for these actuators. At the same time there was a classified for used Eccis in the German virtual racing forum. Best thing about them, was the upgrade to the hydraulic MotoPC. Now braking is like real. With two cylinders first the way to the disc brake is simulated and after that the harder cylinders does his job.

With the 40*40mm profiles, that are much cheaper in Germany as in the US everthing went fast and easy. My goals was, that I can adjust anything. So everyone from 10 years to 99 can drive.

Pictures say more than words so here they are. If you have questions, feel free to send me an PM.

DSC_7433.jpg

DSC_7438.jpg

DSC_7436.jpg

DSC_7435.jpg

DSC_7437.jpg

DSC_7434.jpg

DSC_7432.jpg

DSC_7429.jpg

DSC_7439.jpg

DSC_7440.jpg

DSC_7441.jpg

Why ashamed? Do you have fun in racing with it? That's the main goal. For me the building is so much fun, and the process of getting more and more real. So that was the reason for constructing my rig.

To get my dreams come true, a Ecci 7000 FF Wheel is missing and a better screen solution. Perhaps a Triple Screen with 3 42" Full HD LCD or perhaps a white painted light dome, with indirect fired triple Full HD Beamers :) and the necessary optical correction software.

I wanted to show the beginning of my rig, too. "STEP 1" looked like that and had costed around 320€ without seat, wheel and pedals. At that time I sold my Playseat copy again, because it wasn't rigid enought. At that time I became nuts, after getting that nice 80/20 (ITEM) Material. It was like giving a child LEGO :) And I am a big child, so I think my Rig STEP 2 will not be the final evolution :)

4322700951_7febdc4111_b.jpg

4323439392_1c41a28a20_b.jpg

4323437422_174d5df0eb_b.jpg

4323433590_69d76f35d2_b.jpg

4323449632_5aa31cd3dc_b.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back