Show us your Rig / Cockpit

ok, mine. I am pretty lucky as I have 2 PC's I use this one for racing only, so its a pure racing rig. Its only just assembled, so a few things yet to go. The manufacturer is sending me and others and adjuster for the wheel and I think I might make some carbon fibre mods for it. The PC is water cooled. Its an e8600 - 6Gb 1.6Ghz DDR3 - P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n - HD5770 - RAID Sata2 - Vista 32bit - G25.

I plummed for vista as I have GTL too, though its not installed.. I am getting the bug back for modding so I am going to make my PC a bit more cool, then water cool the graphics too, which will be Crossfire too..

Attachments

• PC1.jpg
    PC1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 372
  • seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 522
  • PC.jpg
    PC.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 388
  • WC.jpg
    WC.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 376
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 341
@Jim

The Beamer itself is perfect. He is also for homecinema use in my "mens cave". The angle is adjusted so, that the head isn't disturbing. But I will change something soon, because one screen is to less and the distance is to high / the size to big.

At the moment I look for 3 LED Beamers. No Problem with lamp life time, no worry if I just want to drive for 15min. Connected to a ATI 5870 that should be a nice triple screen setup.

@Jim

The Beamer itself is perfect. He is also for homecinema use in my "mens cave". The angle is adjusted so, that the head isn't disturbing. But I will change something soon, because one screen is to less and the distance is to high / the size to big.

At the moment I look for 3 LED Beamers. No Problem with lamp life time, no worry if I just want to drive for 15min. Connected to a ATI 5870 that should be a nice triple screen setup.

I am kinda looking at that idea too.. is there a time limit on using a projector?

Here is mine, photo is 6 months old, now cockpit is improved with buttkicker gamer 2 and Frex sequential shifter.
cockpit2.jpg

FOV playing FSone in Rfactor and Frex shifter:
frikisala_eol.jpg

IMG_0211b.jpg

Buttkicker installation:
IMG_0235.jpg

regards from Spain

It's finished.
Today I've been busy for hours, fixing cables and making everything look spot on.
Here are the pictures, made with a good camera:

Frex_SCM%20001.JPG

Frex Simconmotion and a replica Porsche GT3 seat.

Frex_SCM%20002.JPG

Fanatec GT3RS steeringwheel with a Frex Sequential shifter.

Frex_SCM%20003.JPG

My handmade CST-style pedals.

Frex_SCM%20004.JPG

Nice peace of cable management at the front.

Frex_SCM%20005.JPG

And some nice c-m at the back.

Frex_SCM%20006.JPG

Image projected with the new Epson HD projector.

Frex_SCM%20007.JPG

Even in the smallest projected image, it's just too big.

Frex_SCM%20008.JPG

But it really gives a very realistic image!

Frex_SCM%20009.JPG

And to wrap it up a nice overview of the new pc & Frex SCM.

Only thing left to do is add the SLI-Pro and make a buttonbox for the buttons (laying in the corner) and I'm finally fully finished with my setup.

PC:
Intel C2Q-9450 @ 3.6Ghz
Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B Cpu cooler
60Gb SSD - OCZ Vertex 2
2x ATI HD5770 in Crossfire
4Gb Kingston HyperX memory
Coolermaster Stacker 832SE kast with 8 orange led-fans.
Epson EH-TW450 beamer

Seat:
Frex Simconmotion
Porsche GT3 replica seat
Porsche GT3RS replica wheel (Fanatec GT3RS)
Frex Shift+ sequential shifter
SLI-Pro shiftlight indicator
CST Style pedals
Buttonbox with key-starter

Yeah the feel is amazing, never going to sell this thing!
At my website I've added a video of the cockpit: http://clipto.nl (click on "simracen" at the left side)

Frex_SCM%20010.JPG

Attached SLI-PRO and Buttonplate

Frex_SCM%20011.JPG

Backside still needs some work

Frex_SCM%20012.JPG

Speed, shiftlight indicator are shown at the SLI-PRO.

Frex_SCM%20013.JPG

Seen from above.

Jarno, can you please tell me how much money you spent for the cockpit rack?, coz I am planning to buy a cockpit rack with movement I mean with feel.
Thank you

It's a Frex Simconmotion, you can buy it in Japan for about 2000 euro's.
Then you have some costs for shipping and import, it'll be about 3000 euro's for the set, as you have to buy a seat for it too.
But I've bought mine second handed.

What are you doing in terms of rotary switches etc. for the SLI-PRO, Jarno? Looking pretty frigging awesome.

Have 1 rotary switch, it's located in the left at the buttonplate, I use it as brakebalance selector.
That's what you wanted to know?

You can set functions of the the arrow keys witch you use to scroll the ingame menu's to the buttons on the buttonplate, attached to the SLI-Pro.
I think that's what you mean, talking about the modes of diplays left and right?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%