Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Well matter of taste I guess, but function over form for me. I rather like the high tech look myself, but yes the triple monitors will make it look better. So have we seen your rig yet?????

A veritable cornucopia of shifters, top left G25, top right Thomas Superwheel sequential, bottom right Thomas 6 speed H shifter, bottom left Sim Gear SST lightning. The Wheel is a G25 with a Jegs mini Momo aftermarket bolted up. The pedals are ECCI, the Frame is a Cactus Dave custom build.

Good stuff Dave!

How do you like the TSW seq shifter? Thinking about getting this.

Also which do you like better the TSW or SST H shifter?

Thanks.

My cockpit update

img22700.jpg

img2271q0.jpg

img2272b.jpg

img2273mg.jpg

img2274.jpg

img2275a.jpg

img2276s0.jpg

First video from the rig how it looks and works at the moment. Tonight I will render another one without action, but many detail views of the construction.

Wow, I don't usually hate people. But I really, REALLY, hate you.

That's my absolute dream cockpit! Any idea how much it set you back? Would love to know a rough figure?

Also, is that all about time and money invested? Or does it take a lot of skill to be able to produce it?

Just wow!...such a sweet setup. Well done man!

Here's some pics of my rig. Started life as a Hyper, but then I had to mod it when the wheels and pedals had had enough.

Just waiting on apelectrix brake mod for now. Would eventually like triple screens and an SLI Pro

Attachments

• DSC_0400.JPG
    DSC_0400.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC_0401.JPG
    DSC_0401.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC_0402.JPG
    DSC_0402.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC_0403.JPG
    DSC_0403.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 425
Hi,

oh, I haven't been here for a few days, and now there are some responds :D

I started that hobby after my son was born and my time during the day for hobbys decreased. So I bought a xbox and Forza3 in October 2009. That was the biggest mistake I ever did :) Soon I recognized that that new hobby is perfect. First a can live my obsession motorsports, and I can do it in the night, when kid and wife are sleeping.

So I began with a copy of an old Playseat, then build my first static rig etc. Due to the quite low price for that profiles, the complete price was quite "moderate" The most expensive part were the pedals due to their hydraulic brake upgrade. These were 900 Euro, so you can save 700 with normal CSPs. I calculated by head and the result was around 4500-5000 Euros. In mens hours another 80-100 working hours (constructiong, planing, idea finding). The result is perfect. I created my dream. What surprised my, until now I got mails from over 140 different people, asking for help with the build of this rig. Some wanted to order it ready to use, so that I have to think of creating a business.

At the moment I am nearly finished with another upgrade step. A Teufel 5.1 Hifi system was added, 2 Auro Basshakers with a 150 Watt Amplifier, a roll cage construction and finally a TrackIR System.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back