Show us your Rig / Cockpit

i wouldnt call that a monstrsety, i wish i had space to put a car seat but i have to use a office chair with wheels else i block the door :(

Believe me, this was no easy feat. It took me many months of cajoling the missus lol

The room is actually quite small, but the 'monstrosity' fits in the corner quite well. The room will look much bigger once i persuade the missus to bin the rather large PC desk she has at the minute :)

Here is mine
9rpztk.jpg

RS10b.jpg

My Cockpit Thus Far: I started building this about 9 years ago and it has been evolving ever since. I use a G25 wheel with a Perfect Pedal Brake mod. I use my PS3 to play F1 Championship Edition, F1 2010, NFS Shift, GT Prologue and very soon GT5. And probably a few more that I am forgetting. The seating profile is very comfortable with seat travel, rake and wheel height/angle adjustment. A removable hood(bonnet) gives me quick access to wiring and any hardware I might store in front of the pedal box. I currently have an ARC_Team G25 E "do it yourself" kit coming from Italy that mods the wheel to deliver more power and sensitivity.
RS10a.jpg

My Cockpit Plans and Dreams: After I complete the wheel mod I will be adding a MOMO mod 26 as well as a Buttkicker Gamer 2. Then I will build a shift console so I can eliminate it from being right next to the wheel while still keeping some ergonomic comfort and speed. Finishing touches will include a repaint with some aesthetic touches such as mirror stalks and some blue LED strip lighting on the interior so an ambient glow emanates from the grilles. Dreams: I would like to do some Bodnar-type mods with shift lights and programmable switches but I think that is PC specific, correct me if I'm wrong. Regardless, it would be nice to mount some clean wheel buttons that function like the one's on the shift console. I like what people are doing with 3 screens, motion-sim(correct?) but it looks a bit cost prohibitive. In any respect, I think I would need to invest in some dedicated PC desktop hardware and some newer HD TV's. This sure seems to be the new wave of sim expression and making it more real.

Thanks for viewing

I will post one Video later, but at the moment I am driving with headphones, due to cables being to short to reach my amp. Without gamesounds the videos are quite boring... :(

The Obutto finally came in yesterday. Took me about 3 hrs to put together. Still need to organize the wires in the back. Here's a pic... :D

Nice - got mine in last Friday (must've been same incoming batch) - Only two screens ATM - also in need of some cable management.

Attachments

• cockpit1.jpg
    cockpit1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 335
  • cockpit2.jpg
    cockpit2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 614
  • cockpit3.jpg
    cockpit3.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 342
  • cockpit5.jpg
    cockpit5.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 288
New rig

The new rig, still unfinished and in need of the triple monitor setup I hope to have for xmas :D

IMAG0208.jpgIMAG0209.jpgIMAG0211.jpgIMAG0213.jpgIMAG0214.jpgIMAG0216.jpg

Very much a work in progress lol:tongue: Doubt it will ever be 'finished' lol, still to come, new dash system, more LCD screens, triple monitors, new shifters, cockpit body and much more :tongue:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%