F1 2010 Silverstone - Great Britain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
This setup hates corners, but still, on Season 2, with a McLaren with some updates (20% increase on overall downforce, 10% increase on mechanical grip, and 20% less drag), managed a 1:33.759, which put me .308 behind Webber and 5th overall on P1.

Haven't tested this setup on Qualifying or the race itself, but it might give me an edge, since most setups seem to work better on race conditions than durin' practices and qualifying.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. I have ABS and full TC on, automatic shifts and usin' the SIXAXIS.

I can turn slightly better with this setup, compared to Bram's. But my time is only .200 better, which means nothing with my McLaren.

EDIT: ...Yeah, not everythin's about setup. Finally got my act together and managed a pole (1:31.894) on Q2, with this setup, option tyres and the same assists and controls from my last post.

Agreed. With aids off and highest difficulty settings, this seems to work best when driving first season in lesser cars. A little tinkering with balance, suspension and alignment can help accomodate all driving styles. It's a good base setup to start from.

I wish the mods would split the threads, so we have one for TT and one for sims on... Viktor (grisfiske, you don't wanna know what this means in danish;)) makes nice setups...for TT, if you try using these setups with sims on, they're kinda useless, ripping the tyres apart to no avail. I tried, just for fun, to run a full race with all sime on using a TT setup. Ten (10) laps on options, and my primes were dead after 18 laps (Silverstone), so that was a no go.... Silverstone is a tough track to make a good setup for, I'm in my third season, second career and have finally managed to win with Ferrari here in expert-mode. Didn't get pole tho, had to settle for second, by 0.078 sec dammit :oP My lap-times are always taken from the race, not prac or qual, just like IRL ;)
My "new" lap-record is 1.31.835, set on primes at the end of the race, using fast engine settings and working the wing. This is a full second slower than what I did in qual ( options and fast eng.) but in my book, only laps set in race counts, so...
But here's the setup :

Wings: F 5 R 4
Brakes : 60 - 40 Medium, std
Balance : 40 - 60 antiroll F: 5 R: 8
Suspension : Heigth 3 - 3, springs 6 - 6
Gears :
1 156
2 167
3 199
4 233
5 269
6 310
7 354
Alignment : Camb F: -1.20 R: -3.10 Toe F: 0.10 R: 0.35

Hope someone can use this, took me a while to get here, and there's probably lots of improvement to be made still :)

I wish the mods would split the threads, so we have one for TT and one for sims on... Viktor (grisfiske, you don't wanna know what this means in danish;)) makes nice setups...for TT, if you try using these setups with sims on, they're kinda useless, ripping the tyres apart to no avail. I tried, just for fun, to run a full race with all sime on using a TT setup. Ten (10) laps on options, and my primes were dead after 18 laps (Silverstone), so that was a no go.... Silverstone is a tough track to make a good setup for, I'm in my third season, second career and have finally managed to win with Ferrari here in expert-mode. Didn't get pole tho, had to settle for second, by 0.078 sec dammit :oP My lap-times are always taken from the race, not prac or qual, just like IRL ;)
My "new" lap-record is 1.31.835, set on primes at the end of the race, using fast engine settings and working the wing. This is a full second slower than what I did in qual ( options and fast eng.) but in my book, only laps set in race counts, so...
But here's the setup :

Wings: F 5 R 4
Brakes : 60 - 40 Medium, std
Balance : 40 - 60 antiroll F: 5 R: 8
Suspension : Heigth 3 - 3, springs 6 - 6
Gears :
1 156
2 167
3 199
4 233
5 269
6 310
7 354
Alignment : Camb F: -1.20 R: -3.10 Toe F: 0.10 R: 0.35

Hope someone can use this, took me a while to get here, and there's probably lots of improvement to be made still :)

LOL, what does that mean? :D Should I change nick ? ;))

Victor's setup. Career year 5 of 7, Mclaren, legend, no assists, full sim. Qualification 1:31:544, pole. Race 1st, 1:32:303 personal.

Logitech Momo racing wheel.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%