SimHub plugin[s] for output to MIDI and vJoy

At least tire slip wants tactile volume controlled by loading
while frequency gets controlled by the amount of slippage,
and SimHub cannot do both.

I have that for rear traction loss on a swivel office chair.
A pair of DAEX32EP-4 exciters are quite effective.
Ive not kept upto date with other peoples continued efforts with effects creation.
Although previous "custom effects" I monitored for slip by some others did not operate accurately over the 4 wheels or in front/back operations.

Still think, more potential can be achieved with multi-layering and making effects that operate alongside others within similar scenarios to work better together. Possibly utilising different frequencies for specific units but with more musical application of them over all units used. To get that to work properly though, needs specific units with specific installation of them for the effects to be properly experienced.

What an effect produces in immersion, combining multiple units to deliver their own roles towards what the complete effect is developed to produce. Thus not restricting an effects potential performance in the normal approaches. Seeking to achieve more character or felt sensations compared to only a single type of unit used or singular installed channel.

More experimentation brings more progress..

Last edited:
More experimentation brings more progress..
More experimentation means more time, and 90% of ideal is near enough for me.
My tactile tire feedback approximates audible tire squeal for small slippage,
decreasing in frequency and increasing in amplitude for more slip and loading,
but unloaded tires should generate neither noise nor tactile feedback.
I am fiddling with a custom VST plugin for multichannel tactile amplitude control
via MIDI from my SimHub plugin.

More experimentation means more time, and 90% of ideal is near enough for me.
My tactile tire feedback approximates audible tire squeal for small slippage,
decreasing in frequency and increasing in amplitude for more slip and loading,
but unloaded tires should generate neither noise nor tactile feedback.
I am fiddling with a custom VST plugin for multichannel tactile amplitude control
via MIDI from my SimHub plugin.

Different approaches I suppose and I like discussing....
Worth getting your feedback on the below or point out things covered with your own preferences or ideas.

I would agree and one of the original reasons for promoting exciters for a seat. That certainly the exciters could add more atmosphere or positional audio cues for front/rear slip but I found trying to apply an audible tyre squeal response within Simhub had certain limitations. Mainly in how does Simhub generate a suitable audible effect sensation based on different surface types?

An example of this is that "wheel slip" activity can be off track or grass/snow/gravel/tarmac depending on the title or scenario. So a Simhub generated "tarmac tyre squeal" type response. For me, it just seemed out of place in an "off-track" scenario or different surfaces other than tarmac.

Depending on the game/sim, surfaces as audible cues, may well be within the games own audio effects for different scenarios, just as wet track or puddle sounds will not be applied on a dry track.

For me, this seemed one scenario where the game audio could of been applied via audible/tactile on exciters and giving accurate representation for the different audio cues on grass/snow/gravel/tarmac.

Just like how some road surface elements generate no telemetry at all but they do have audible surface sounds within the game. I noticed this also in titles like GT7 (Tokyo Highway road joints).

Combining Both?
Different titles may offer better/worse control regards (individual effect sound levels in game) In some cases with other audio cues active at the same time within the games audio output. This may limit the potential to independently feel vibrational response for the tyres/slip, so what could be done?

In some titles it is possible to adjust the audio settings and monitor the "games audio" for road surface sounds. For "tyre squeal" type activity, it might be possible to have Simhub generate a "vibrational" response that matches in with the operation and activity of the audio from the game. Having both of these elements being applied via the tactile but not necessarily mixed or to the same channels.

With the right hardware installation/setup and based on previous attempts with this. I had found a solution that let me send "Simhub" or "Game Audio" sources to ANY channel, or to have a "mix of both sources" (with independent level control for each source/channel).

What I also wanted was (on-the-fly) controls with simple rotary knobs. This way it meant that easy comparisons of what Simhub/Game Audio were producing was possible. Lastly the ability to route stereo game audio to a single unit or pair of units or have multiple pairs active on the seat. Alternatively only have "Simhub" output over the tested 8x exciters on a seat. I think this has some more potential with a relook in 2024 but on my own rig I definitely want that level of control or ability to apply game audio to my tactile in different ways.

Last edited:
Mainly in how does Simhub generate a suitable audible effect sensation based on different surface types?
No idea. Other than a little ice racing and some dirt biking,
my tire abuse has mostly been on tarmac.
Nearly all tires on gravel and grass real experience was unintentional and brief,
with focus on recovery and avoiding walls, not appreciating audible and tactile stimuli.
Different titles may offer better/worse control
Nearly all my personal sim time is with Assetto Corsa on tracks in vehicles
for which I have real experience. I test with some SimHub recordings from others
for other cars and games, mostly for telemetry tweaking, not effects.
What I also wanted was (on-the-fly) controls with simple rotary knobs
My MIDIio plugin supports that e.g. using
Korg nanoKONTROL2 8 rotary knobs + 8 sliders.

For "tyre squeal" type activity, it might be possible to have Simhub generate a "vibrational" response that matches in with the operation and activity of the audio from the game
That works for me with first generation ShakeSeat pucks and Assetto Corsa

Lastly the ability to route stereo game audio to a single unit or pair of units or have multiple pairs active on the seat.
Voicemeeter Banana with VST plugins offers adequate mixing and routing for me.

Last edited:
I used the Nano K2 a few years ago with a Scarlet 8 channel audio interface connected to iPad pro using AUM. I think iPad supports upto 24 channels and AUM was quite impressive software allowing audio plugins to be used with a simple user interface via tablet.

For VB is delay not an issue with muliple channels and virtual rerouting or mixing . Can it support low latency ASIO drivers?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 429 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.2%
Back