SimRacing Modding Roundup - April 2016 - Assetto Corsa Edition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Mods Roundup - April 2016.jpg

Sim racing on PC is well known for its highly vibrant modding scene with talented individuals and groups working tirelessly to create exquisite pieces of content for some of our favourite titles... and (almost) always for free to the community!

Here at RaceDepartment we are big fans of modding our most favourite sim(s) and have decided to drop together a semi regular feature detailing some of the great work released in the past month or well on its way to gracing our sim racing machines in the coming weeks.

When I first started writing this piece I had the intention of putting everything together in one article but I've found myself staggered at the number of different mods available to download and released these past few weeks. So much so that it looks like I'm going to have to create a post for each sim :) Don't we live in great times folks... :D

So here you have it, a little (none) exhaustive round up of interesting recent releases for Assetto Corsa!

Now a little disclaimer:

First and foremost I can't guarantee I'll pick up everything nor does this article act as a recommendation on quality. I'll try my best to pick the best and give a thorough roundup of what's out and about but please do feel free to drop me a PM if you see anything you think should be included in the next round up...

So, lets have a look see what's new and what's hot:

AC Rally Legends Mod .png

Rally Legends Mod - Ford Fiesta RS WRC v1.0
Title: Assetto Corsa
Category: Cars / Rally
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 11/04/2016
Credits: See download link

Featuring both tarmac and gravel specification variants this interesting mod created for Assetto Corsa brings to life one of the modern WRC masterpieces and is complimented with a selection of skins and further links provided to various stages for use in game.

AC Veloce GTS-8.jpg

Velcoe GTS-8
Category: Cars / Street
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 10/04/2016

Stunningly recreated the Velcoe GTS-8 has been a 10 year labour of love using real values and produced in great detail for Assetto Corsa. The little known Velcoe GTS-8 is a 170mph 500HP V8 designed for fun and driving thrills. Already receiving rave reviews this could well be considered a "must have" download for Assetto Corsa.

AC Ginetta G55 GT4.jpg

Ginetta G55 GT4
Category: Cars / Race
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 18/03/2016

The Ginetta marque was formed by British entrepreneur Lawrence Tomlinson and is based in the north on England in Leeds. Prominent in British motorsport the G55 is a staple support vehicle in the popular British Touring Car TOCA support package. In recent seasons the G55 GT4 was born and has entered numerous GT racing series around the world.
This recreation for Assetto Corsa benefits from advice and information directly from Ginetta with sounds provided by Fonsecker. This version of the car accurately reproduces the 2015 specification G55 GT4.

AC Riverside International Raceway 0.6.jpg

Riverside International Raceway 0.6 WIP
Category: Tracks / Permanent
Download Link - HERE

Featuring Long, Short, and NASCAR layouts the scratch built Riverside International Raceway has been recreated based on the 1988 version of the track and utilises a combination of topo maps, aerial photos and video footage.
Despite WIP status this track addition to Assetto Corsa is already at an impressive stage and promises to become a top quality addition to the title.

AC Lake Louise V2.0.png

Lake Louise 2.0
Category: Tracks / Road
Download Link -
HERE
Latest Release: 11/03/2016

Simply epic. This could very easily be considered one of the finest non official tracks to ever grace Assetto Corsa... With a ridiculously long 23km of winding mountainous roads to enjoy and stunning visuals Lake Louise is an incredibly enjoyable drive in the various road and race cars found in Assetto Corsa. Featuring 8 different variations of the track Lake Louise offers something for everyone to enjoy.

AC Fuji Short V2.0.jpg

Fuji Short Course V2.0
Download Link -
HERE

Often frustrating occasionally satisfying and always producing great racing Japan's Fuji Speedway is one of the Land of the Rising Sun's major motorsport destinations and holds many high profile racing events.
Updated to meet Assetto Corsa standards with permissions from the original rFactor track creators the short version of Fuji makes its way to Assetto Corsa as an ideal candidate for low powered wheel to wheel racing and should make a fine addition to the game.

AC YZ West Drift Circuit.jpg

YZ West Drift Circuit
Category: Tracks / Drift
Download Link -
HERE
Latest Release: 04/04/2016

Another very high quality rFactor conversion YZ West is a drifting track based in Japan with a series of corners designed to get the most from the latest drifting machines. With space for 25 pit boxes and all the usual enhancements to bring the circuit to Assetto Corsa standards this track is another fine example of a drifters paradise.

If you are working on a mod for any of the main sim racing titles on PC please drop me a PM if you wish to discuss and have a feature written here on RD. I can't guarantee we will feature your mod but I would be very interested to hear (and share) what projects are being worked on at present.

In the coming weeks and months I intend to run a series of interviews with race sim modders and would also love to hear from any of you who would be interested in participating in an interview with RD. Again drop me a PM with some details and we can discuss...

Have a look through our Assetto Corsa Mods section right here on RaceDepartment for a wide variety of apps / skins / cars / tracks and miscellaneous files to enhance your enjoyment of Kunos Simulazioni's premium racing simulator.

EDIT: I promised myself I wouldn't do this but when I checked this out I simply couldn't not include it..

AC Tor Poznan.jpg

Tor Poznan
Download Link -
HERE
Latest Release: 24/03/2016

It's a mod... and its laserscanned!!!! Seriously, LASERSCANNED! I've not (yet) personally tried this track in game but the images look outstanding and by sheer fact that the modder behind this project has gone to the trouble to produce a laserscanned version of the circuit is simply mind blowing.
This alone is evidence to prove that our little sim racing community is quite simply outstanding...

Have you enjoyed our AC mods roundup? Do you know of any mods for AC or any other sim you think we should feature? What mod do you enjoy playing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of car mods in any game tbh but in terms of scratch build tracks for AC there's a handful that actually stay on my drive

Paul Ricard stands out a mile in terms of quality, along with Bridgehampton, Baskerville and Donington Park

Riverside and Tor Poznan you already mentioned and there's a few up and coming like Misano and VIR, outside of them there's not a lot I really bother with
There are a bunch more that is really good who also include a physical mesh (FFB layer). I am the same regarding quality and many mod tracks dont include a physical mesh (not all know how to do it), but i require it to enjoy AC to the fullest. And there are quite a bunch now, and they also look very good. My point is, if those are the only mod tracks you drive then you miss out a bit. ;) Many of Tiago Lima's updated conversions have new textures and physical mesh for example, and they drive great.

There are a bunch more that is really good who also include a physical mesh (FFB layer). I am the same regarding quality and many mod tracks dont include a physical mesh (not all know how to do it), but i require it to enjoy AC to the fullest. And there are quite a bunch now, and they also look very good. My point is, if those are the only mod tracks you drive then you miss out a bit. ;) Many of Tiago Lima's updated conversions have new textures and physical mesh for example, and they drive great.

I'm always digging through the released tracks to see whats out there but the truth is i'm happy with just the small selection I've got atm, my version of AC is pretty trimmed down anyway, I got rid of all the street cars, drift and drag tracks and even a few of the other stock ones, what's left is what I like to use and that suits you know what I mean, there's a few tracks coming up that hold my interest and I beta test others quite regular so it's all good :)

• Deleted member 130869

I cant believe you forgot to add my Blue falcon which i havent updated in two years.

My feelings are.................hurt

In all seriousness though nice list and im sure people that dont follow mods with a microscope greatly appreciate this.

Hopefully you've been learning a lot at least recently, given your role with VS, and come next time this article is made, the Toyota GT-One will deserve a spot there. That car deserves it.

Hopefully you've been learning a lot at least recently, given your role with VS, and come next time this article is made, the Toyota GT-One will deserve a spot there. That car deserves it.
nope, TS020's physics are 100% ripped from the abarth 595

in all seriousness though its been an enlightening few months, sadly a few bad apples came out of the woodwork as well.

back on topic though i hope everyone enjoys the GT-ONE, the pole position tribute, teh Audi TT and our next car which isnt revealed yet(as for a hint it raced in the same year as the F1 GTR in assetto corsa)

Will be interesting to see if this time you will change more than 2 values from the physics files that you got from the old VS members.
Oh boy, you got me. Good one.

I guess I have no choice but to have a emotional breakdown and blame it on Aris.

Though im pretty sad that i have to fight with someone that i used to respect, well judge the cars as you see fit, I cant change your opinion

Last edited:
If people are skipping mod tracks made now because of some bad conversions back in the day - they are missing out. A lot of care is put in, physical mesh is put in place (which was almost always missing before), and lots of hours are put in to create/convert these tracks.

I always wonder when going online why people use the same tracks, optimal surface + either the same GT cars or 1 of each/all when there is so f*****g (sorry had to swear) awesome combos out there today. Its weird. Its like people saw some bad stuff years ago so it has to be bad now too when the reality is completely the opposite. Shake my head & rolling my eyes at the same time. :D

Paul Jeffrey :
Do you intend to do this mod showcase every month?
It would be great, but it'll be loooots of work. lol:cautious:

Also, will you talk only about new mods or also the mods which get updated? lol
Cos then there would be too much though...
Not sure what are the rules, but among the nice "new" tracks (they're rFactor conversions) I recently downloaded, there was Tauplitzalm, Osnabrueck, and Mickhausen.

Oh wait, actually, maybe you should feature "Kanniranni"?
I tried it recently and I wonder if it isn't the best rally track for AC so far.:cool:
With the recent Rally legends cars, it actually manages to feel even better than Richard Burns Rally.:O_o:
(which I still have with RSBRS 2016 mod)

Smallblockhero keeps releasing new cars every week, but I assume they're all illegal, huh? :unsure:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%