SimRacingExpo 2014 at Nürburgring 1000KM

Oh man yes, a leaderboard challenge where always the same people win. How original to keep doing that in 2014.

I can't wait not to participate :)

but its a qualifyer for a multiplayer race against real drivers witch is streamd and commantated. Have you ever done such a race against real drivers and streamed online? Do you ? Its 2014 so do you?

As a matter of fact I did and it was streamed on Eurosport TV, called the VWTCC :) And the winner received a 30,000 euro car instead of vRP's.

@Konta What I am trying to say is that the odd leaderboard competitions are obsolete. It are always the same one lap wonders that show up on top while the real challenge is to have the best pilot surfacing, not the best hotlapper.

The majority of the people know they aren't the fastest on a single lap and are ruled out before the event even starts. Our most important conclusion and recommendation after organizing the V-WTCC was to drop the time trial leaderboard competition in future series or events as it really limit the numbers of participants, it has too much room for cheaters and it hasn't got much to do with racing.

Now we are six years further and its still hot lapping. What we need is a professional virtual series that follows the real GT3, DTM or you name it series. And via a skill level determine the best racers and give them an opportunity to race a real car, at least for once.

Racing against real drivers in a sim is just as unfair as putting a simracer against a real pilot on a real track. No fun at all.

As a matter of fact I did and it was streamed on Eurosport TV, called the VWTCC :) And the winner received a 30,000 euro car instead of vRP's.

@Konta What I am trying to say is that the odd leaderboard competitions are obsolete. It are always the same one lap wonders that show up on top while the real challenge is to have the best pilot surfacing, not the best hotlapper.

The majority of the people know they aren't the fastest on a single lap and are ruled out before the event even starts. Our most important conclusion and recommendation after organizing the V-WTCC was to drop the time trial leaderboard competition in future series or events as it really limit the numbers of participants, it has too much room for cheaters and it hasn't got much to do with racing.

Now we are six years further and its still hot lapping. What we need is a professional virtual series that follows the real GT3, DTM or you name it series. And via a skill level determine the best racers and give them an opportunity to race a real car, at least for once.

Racing against real drivers in a sim is just as unfair as putting a simracer against a real pilot on a real track. No fun at all.

Hi you have some good points and the event goes in the right direction not only the leaderboard winners will compete at the Event their are Communities invited too and you can qualify directly their and the winner of the Race will win more than vrp.

I totally agree that we need some pro-series like dtm or gt or wtcc and i think we will see them in the near future and i know some fast racers like Daniel Juncadella or Rene Rast who are also fast in a simulation and they are faster than most of the simracers even in simulations.

I also knowing the guys witch are winning the leaderboard competition and they also win series and are some of the fastest guys out their. Or do you think Martin Krönke is only a hotlapper?

For sure their are racers that are not so fast over one lap but realy good in a race and leaderboard challenges are not the best i love races more too like everybody.

So i only want to say that the event goes in the right direction even for you so dont blame them to getting closer to your wishes

Oh man yes, a leaderboard challenge where always the same people win. How original to keep doing that in 2014.

I can't wait not to participate :)

They really do need to add support for multi-lap competitions. And also enable mechanical damage in competitions so these euronics wreckers stop exploiting the downshifting system.

I totally agree that we need some pro-series like dtm or gt or wtcc and i think we will see them in the near future and i know some fast racers like Daniel Juncadella or Rene Rast who are also fast in a simulation and they are faster than most of the simracers even in simulations.

Didn't Daniel used to be a part of RD a while back?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%