'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
I'd seek for the essential results, Mr Latte.
You shows us a lot of activity, experiments, requests, lots of repetitive expatiative posts. Looks really great.
But what's the result?
Can anybody, except few private testers, download your elaborated samples now? I had created a file storage resource, tied to SSW interface, accessible for anyone, as it was settled between us. The resource is empty, talking about the samples. That's a pity.

I'd seek for real, not declarative, understanding between us. Repeatedly telling me "really the choice is yours Andre", you keep the pressure on, trying to reach your own goals by all means. I suggest, it's clear enough that personal goals may be not just financial.

I'd seek for brief and clear explanations, rather than lengthy repetitive essays. I wouldn't like to skip posts in this support thread, where people could easily ask for help, but sometimes that's the only choice.

Being talented and enthusiastic, let's be also collaborative, Mr Latte.

You have stated several times how busy you are.
I do not believe you can offer much feedback if only using a single BK Gamer unit, is this correct?

Building Community Foundations
So I reached out multiple times for testers, to garner feedback from owners of various levels of tactile experience and with various levels of hardware. Not just rely on my own opinions or impressions. Testers were told to be critical, this was done with a group and some others via 1-1. Some gave great feedback others not so much. Those that gave more feedback got access to newer or further developed files. So currently some people have files that are at different stages of development.

This way, what already is out to a few is still not the final release.
You are welcome as are the people involved to openly share their own opinions on the quality of the effects if you doubt these. "Cortado" and "Macchiato" were codenames given to V3 files.

If you lack trust in the level or quality of the "free effects" being created then you misunderstand my own passion. "My Goal" is to have from my own experience/ability the best tactile immersion based cockpit I can build. So SSW or any software/tool that can be used to advance that goal is in my interest.

Why The Delay
Final tweeks can be applied to the V4 files based on the operation of certain effects on different tactile hardware. I intended buying and having access to some of the more common tactile units to be able to conduct my own further tests. Taking onboard the feedback people have already given with these units to feel and understand for me how they responded with the effects.

You seem to miss how seriously or much effort I am placing into all this. Yet some effects transmit better on some models than others. To achieve the best out of specific units then requires alterations to the .wav to match better the possible operating character of that effect. Wheel slip is one I have found feels more detailed on my TST as the BK units lack more in the detail.

All this side of things is not without many frustrating hours and repetitive tests Andre, monitoring the output of the effects, taking onboard peoples feedback from tests and seeking/applying solutions. Its fuelled by passion and interest in tactile and that's primarily me, what I like.

You get all the testing, all the researching, hundreds of man hours for free by myself and others that are passionate about it. Some who have invested thousands £/$ into hardware and seek very high levels of performance from their own cockpits.

What I get, is how hard I am pushing you. :)

My files, are my bargaining chips, to use as an incentive for you to bring improvements.
Some I feel are necessary to further the level of the immersion or others suggestions to improve the "car profile" and saving of slider settings to specific presets.

If I wanted to sell and profit off my own created effects. I could already of been doing this. My preference is to make them free to the community on the forums here.

Such can only aid your own sales and popularity of your software.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mr Latte, let's stop this useless discussion.
If you will have something real to offer the community, please do that.
On my end I'm going to keep up improving the software.

Upvote 0
I've invested quite a lot into my tactile, meet some good people along the way too.
It has been one of the best things I have done to my rig.

I have tried to test and report back my thought's testing various wav file's etc.
on various car's, track's and sim's.

Also tried to introduce other sim racer's to SSW on forum's.
They are Simvibe user's mostly,

SSW has brought immense enjoyment to every sim I use.
Just lately I have been driving the RallyX Fiesta in iracing.

My big LFE is working over time under the seat coming off those big jumps..just brilliant.
I originally thought I was getting stereo..mind can fool you.

Am I correct in thinking running filtering in bumps higher will filter small bumps
helping me feel my tactile on the right only and not all over my rig when I hit a right hand curb ?

I hope you continue to develop SSW Andre, adding engine RPM was most welcome.

Upvote 0
I

My big LFE is working over time under the seat coming off those big jumps..just brilliant.

Am I correct in thinking running filtering in bumps higher will filter small bumps
helping me feel my tactile on the right only and not all over my rig when I hit a right hand curb ?

I think that might be actually stereo, why not. As far as I understand, Mr Latte reported results for AC, but in case of iRacing another algorithm is used inside SSW. You can surely play around with filtering settings, but with iRacing this may be different from AC.

Thank you, SSW developing will be continued.

Upvote 0
I've invested quite a lot into my tactile, meet some good people along the way too.
It has been one of the best things I have done to my rig.

I have tried to test and report back my thought's testing various wav file's etc.
on various car's, track's and sim's.

Also tried to introduce other sim racer's to SSW on forum's.
They are Simvibe user's mostly,

SSW has brought immense enjoyment to every sim I use.

@signman, try all your sims with default files and not the supposed imaginary ones you were freely given or are using. Then come back and tell Andre how good SSW is working.

Just like Simvibe the "quality" of the "effects generated" and how they are used is what can make all the difference :)

On my own rig I can get perfect stereo bumps from "Audio Tactile" in how we utilise it with extended bass via PEACE EQ. Then use the SSW bumps with low threshold for the general road surface activity (that audio does not bring).

Alternatively, I can set SSW bumps to over 70% threshold and start to get decent stereo, still with some bumps transferring over to the opposite side.Yet we then get very little general tarmac sensation. I can if I want to, then use "Roadbumps" from Simvibe for the bump activity.

Heck If I want, I can have bumps off on SSW altogether and use Simvibe for bumps etc only.
So this is not about Mr Latte seeking what I want/need for my own cockpit.

It's about bringing to SSW users what the alternative tactile options do better and the challenge if new bump controls added in SSW. By using dual .wav for (small/large). If we can even better those options and keep things very simple.

Its win,win for Andre but he wants to question or argue about if I have real files or not or doubt what improvements suggested will bring.

That's rather offending...

My position is this, when SSW improves the bumps controls and enables slider values to be saved for car specific profiles. Then I feel we are at the point I would personally need or want things to be for my own vision with car profiles or custom effects.

If thats too much to ask or not a priority then apologies.
My intentions are for the good of the community here and also SSW being taken more seriously as a worthy alternative.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Andre, have sent you a PM with some files, my only request is you use them as stated in the PM.

I personally want to do more towards the idea of having "files" that are created to be more suited for the specific performance of individual tactile transducers. Then also apply if people desire for such to have profiles for specific cars. This is why I do not want (for my own files) to be a single set of .wav files used for all types/models of transducers.

Currently there is a need to constantly have different "slider settings" for specific cars to get the best sensation out of each or to suit the users preference and with using the same .wav effects. This is why I ask that you bring the ability to save "slider values" as a preset that can be loaded for each specific car folder. Possibly even more than one that the user can then save or load which they want.

Further testing can be conducted on these models below, it's up to more in the community if they want to help such progress. Perhaps people don't have my own desire/vision for the potential in effects. Either way, I will seek such for my own personal enjoyment for my own cockpit.

Potentially 2-3 types of .wav could be created to operate more suited to the abilities of the following and most common models. It's just that things get more complicated with tactile transducers than with a fixed platform like JetSeat.

Basic / Advanced / Pro

Buttkicker
BK LFE
BK Concert

BK Advance / Pearl Throne
BK Mini LFE / BK Gamer

Clark Synthesis TST
Silver 239
Gold 329
Platinium 429

Other
Reckhorn / Sinustec BS250
ADX Maximus
Dayton Puc
$50 or under clones

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Andre,

Great software and support so far. Already like it more then Simvibe due to the ease of use and setup. Though have 1 request and 1 issue:

Issue:
Custom profiles stores in a subfolder under the default setting folder are not loaded automatically on start even though they are linked to that file. I have to place the stores profile under a different name in the default location in order to get loaded automatically on start.

Feature request:
Having 1 bass shaker with the jetseat I would like the filter settings to be independent for jetseat and buttkicker preferably with a upper and lower threshold. I would like to feel for examole to have only all hard bumps to go through the bass shaker but also the subtle bumps to be felt through the jetseat. But not the really hard bumps to come through the jetseat as they are basicly suspension effects that should coexist from the bass shaker (chassis)

Upvote 0
Andre,

Just checked.. It's the Simshaker preset files. Defaults are stored at: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SimShaker-Wheels
When I create a subfolder like this: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SimShaker-Wheels\Custom and I save a preset there and I assign that preset file in the main window with Game/Preset to Load then it's ignored and the default seems to be loaded.
If however I place that same file in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SimShaker-Wheels and I point it there then it works.

Hope this helps troubleshooting.

M.

Upvote 0
Hey Andre,
any Infos about the new Product ForceFeel o8 ?
Will it be supported by SimShaker - Wheels ?

It looks really interesting...
Hi MrM@c,
For me that looks similar to JetSeat KW-908 model, which Tomáš J. (gametrix.eu operator) doesn't have in a European stock any more. A kind of replacement.
If Tomáš kindly provides me (or all of us) with an appropriate programming interface (as that did original Moscow-based Gametrix company), I'd be glad to support that device in SimShaker as well as Gametrix JetSeats.

Upvote 0
I've got it, thank you.
That's by design. Currently subfolders are supported for samples only.
Why not to add "Custom_" as a prefix to a profile file name?

Thank you for clearing up. Yes I now use a prefix indeed to distinguish. It is a bit confusing though interface wise to accept the subfolder and showing its connected in preset to load main window while ignoring it anyway. Maybe a warning message after selecting it and blanking the preset to load afterwards when using other then default folder is an idea?

Upvote 0
Yes, I think such a warning would be suitable. Thank you for the feedback.
I will also take into consideration your idea regarding additional Threshold control.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm having problems with buying the software from Andre through PayPal. I have account on PayPal, but they have changed it's status to limited, I think like 10 years back. I was trying to solve this problem with them back then, but it dragged on for month and they didn't believe me with my identity, so I just decided to let it go.

EDIT: I finally managed to find a friend with paypal, so hopefully I will be able to get the software in the end :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, I think such a warning would be suitable. Thank you for the feedback.
I will also take into consideration your idea regarding additional Threshold control.

I studied an AI driven car for a lap on a track with several different threshold values to gain more understanding with this. With each one I then copied over the log "bump values" and compared them to see how the 4/5 effects were operating with each test.

Indeed we need to have control of the threshold for the "small" and "large" bumps but also the .wav used to determine their feel and their own individual gain controls.

Here is an example why....
If we use a custom.wav for bumps effects, one that contains low Hz and can generate very good energy with the largest transducers. The problem is, lots of "bumps values" can still feel quite strong, even with Gain at 2-5% for example. The activity of bumps is too much with a low threshold and a .wav that can produce strong sensations.

So what do we do?
If we change the .wav for the bump effect to something that better represents a light "road surface texture" then this is much better suited to the "Small Bumps" that are consistently operating with a low threshold value.

Both are linked in what "Gain" suits a low-high "Threshold" depending on the character of the .wav used for the effect. Yet clearly one single .wav that we currently have for bumps representation does not bring enough varation between small and large bumps.

Visualise The Audio
Generally, I find more "Threshold" allows for more or higher "Gain" and this makes sense when we monitor the audio output and see the frequencies being generated and the harmonics also involved. With low threshold but much greater bump consistency/activity remember "the activity" has a big impact on what Hz are being generated by the effect. Also with increased dB of the Hz within the .wav used when high activity is operating.

Less Activity But More Energy
For "Large Bumps" we see better stereo activity (yes this is important) from 70% but as others have shared, even running this to high levels like 90% such brings much less activity of course but improved felt sensation of the stereo placement and due to less activity the ability to increase the gain to 30-40-50% whatever is the users preference.

I find this more optimal for immersion, as we can have better stereo but high energy for the bumps that are active. Currently, it comes at the cost of losing much of the bump activity or a varation of feeling small and large bump sensations.

To consider........

Small Bumps
Potentially could use from 0-40% threshold values only. Using a .wav that suited more their operation and desired sensation.

*This would allow small bumps to have plenty of activity and their own distinguished "lighter" feel

Large Bumps
Potentially could operate from 50% threshold upwards (leaving an intentional gap to separate small-large). Large bumps with their own individual .wav effect can then bring a stronger low frequency (Hz) energy and used with high threshold values. Those that want improved stereo activity could use higher theshold values.

*This would allow the ability to have strong and good operating stereo activity for larger bump values.

Anyone that has Simvibe will not have "Suspension" effects (stereo bumps) operate or feel similar to "Road Bumps". Yet both combined bring good surface feel and the ability of "per wheel" stereo bumps sensations. That is what we are seeking for SSW to replicate or improve on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello i have Gamestrix, and the new update Teamspeak3 3.1.8 is a problem with gamestrix jet !
When I turn off the jetseat, teamspeak starts without problem, when I put on the jetseat, teamspeak starts and closes immediately!
It's strange bug

[EDIT]
I find the worry sorry! In teamspeak, Tools, Options, Add-ons, Uninstall Gamepad ......
If it can help other people!

W10 64 bits
Gamestrix JETSEAT

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi. Ordered a jetseat and ssw software. I also have a bk gamer 2. How do I connect these to my pc. I have a onboard sound card that I just use for tactile at the moment. Do I connect the jetseat via usb and the bk to my soundcard. Or does the jetseat connect using the audio connector.
Cheers in advance. Its for ac pc2 rre

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 9 10.6%