Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 197115

It's coming, Ilja confirmed that yesterday.

If what I'm imagining is really in the plans ( or even for a near future else said "Soon ™" ;) :D) .... that's surely a big work ..... dynamic time is what we already have .... if dynamic weather rain included - dynamic track - dynamic temperatures and skies are really in this plan and maybe forgotten features.... of course many things have to be done ( of which some are surely already done ) ..... and surely many more to do for Online use.

Ilja, Peter and friends are able to do those magics .... friends including apps, track configs, VAOs and car configs.
Thank you all for your hard work. :thumbsup:

NB: Should it not be an idea to open a donation place where all participating friends should also be gratified if it doesn't exist yet on one or other Discord ?

Le Mans,,,
SOL 123/Shather Patch 49
View attachment 313144

SOL 124/Shather Patch 140
View attachment 313145

*** I have refitted the installation in the sequence indicated, but it made no difference,
the problem is the same.
That is actually a feature. It's a new shader on that track's config that doesn't work with p49. Open your current track config and look for [Material_DistantEmissive] stuff. Other than allowing long distance glow, it reduces flickering.

@Ricardo Campos I meant that you don't need to do nothing about it in LM, it's a feature of the config for this track: showing that glow in very distant lights. IIRC the effect of this shader is less pronounced on later csp versions.

If you really want to remove it, and this is Le Mans 2017 with an auto-downloaded config via CM, look for assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\lemans_2017.ini , back it up first, then open it (its contents will look like this, but with a formatting that makes it harder to read). Remove both [Material_DistantEmissive] sections right at the end. If you want to keep the effect, but just make it less strong, then use lower values for both DistantGlowMult.

Giving this a try out for the first time.

I don't see a dwrite.dll file in my AC root folder to delete. Can I skip this part and go ahead with the instructions?

@Ricardo Campos I meant that you don't need to do nothing about it in LM, it's a feature of the config for this track: showing that glow in very distant lights. IIRC the effect of this shader is less pronounced on later csp versions.

If you really want to remove it, and this is Le Mans 2017 with an auto-downloaded config via CM, look for assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\lemans_2017.ini , back it up first, then open it (its contents will look like this, but with a formatting that makes it harder to read). Remove both [Material_DistantEmissive] sections right at the end. If you want to keep the effect, but just make it less strong, then use lower values for both DistantGlowMult.

OK, Alley. Show!!!
I'll do some tests with your tips ,,, thank you for the attention. ;)

Hey, so, I have sol downloaded, and some of the settings work, but on most tracks the more extreme weather just gives me a near flat grey skybox and rain never visually shows up. Any advice on why that might be?

Hello all,
I just have a question about the too bright luminosity in cockpit when you have another car behind you at night of course ;)
It's so illuminated and more than the track ahead that you nearly can't see the track clearly enough.
That's surely more a SLP setting than a Sol setting ... but cannot find the answer easily.
It should be a setting to modify in the Lighting Fx, I'm nearly sure .... but which one ?

Rather important when speaking of an endurance race on NordSchleife :whistling:

Thanks in advance for the tip.

Hello all,
I just have a question about the too bright luminosity in cockpit when you have another car behind you at night of course ;)
It's so illuminated and more than the track ahead that you nearly can't see the track clearly enough.
That's surely more a SLP setting than a Sol setting ... but cannot find the answer easily.
It should be a setting to modify in the Lighting Fx, I'm nearly sure .... but which one ?

Rather important when speaking of an endurance race on NordSchleife :whistling:

Thanks in advance for the tip.
There is a cockpit lit multi in Shader Patch lighting Fx settings. But I saw it was not working in older CSP versions.

Hey, so, I have sol downloaded, and some of the settings work, but on most tracks the more extreme weather just gives me a near flat grey skybox and rain never visually shows up. Any advice on why that might be?
Rain is just an interior windscreen effect for now. About the grey skybox: you installed it manually? Can you post a picture of it?

Rain is just an interior windscreen effect for now. About the grey skybox: you installed it manually? Can you post a picture of it?
Oh okay I get it. Question: if it's a windshield effect, that means even if I'm in an interior camera, it won't show up with a single seater like the RSS Formula 3 v6 thing? Just want to understand.
And I can certainly try or at least write out the path to it and the files etc

Oh okay I get it. Question: if it's a windshield effect, that means even if I'm in an interior camera, it won't show up with a single seater like the RSS Formula 3 v6 thing? Just want to understand.
And I can certainly try or at least write out the path to it and the files etc
If some part of the car has a dedicated windscreen, then you see it. Maybe you can override it in the cars config in /extension/config /cars

There is a cockpit lit multi in Shader Patch lighting Fx settings. But I saw it was not working in older CSP versions.

I'll have a look at it in order to check if this should be working in SLP 140 ... if I succeed to test it before this evening, date of the event. :D
Thanks for your quick answer, Peter. :thumbsup:

Hold up, I didn't have the ppfilters installed. How much of an impact would that have?
In the first place I would say, just use this, to get everything working. With Sol there are much more features now with the ppfilter. Now a script is linked to the ppfilter, which will do dynamic changes. So if you use a standard filter, you will miss some important features like time depended exposure adjustments with the __Sol and __Sol_ACC ppfilter.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%