Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Peter: "just a little preview of Sol 1.3"
Me:

giphy.gif

@Peter Boese : when I compare your recommended settings(screenshots) with the Sol_recomended_CSP_settings file, I see there is a difference. Which settings are the right ones?
Oh sorry. Just use the values of the pictures. I mistakenly packed the wrong files. You took the file from the post, don't you? I just tried to delete all the zip links.
With the release of Sol 1.3 i will publish them again (a little modified). And then they have to go in the Documents folder to be taken...

I had one only case where I had a problem .... and that was only because 1 single version of CSP was not complete. ... It was more a addon or a fix than a complete version.
That's one problem with CM and not rather downloading the full version and installing it manually... as I never a noticed in CM how we may be sure it's a full version or not.

As my previous install was done with a CSP full download, even changing version in CM should make any problem.

One main reason why I prefer pure JSGME than CM for installs. I never trust automatic installs or update... as anyone might make a little mistake somewhere. If I do one, it's my fault !

If both of you have problems and if it's perfectly installed in your PC and it doesn't work , there must be a common problem.

Is there maybe a special way to install sol for the htc vive ??? ive got it two work but i have a diffrent image on eatch of my screens inside my vive + the image no longer renders on my desktop PLEAS HELP i really want this two work. srry for my bad english

Hi, I installed Sol and CSP 140, but if I activate Weather FX in CSP extensions, my game crash and returns to the content manager with a window saying "run cancelled". The only way to make the game work is to change the controller / weather script in the Weather FX settings to basic or disable Weather FX. Please anyone help me.
I reinstalled AC and used JSGME to install Sol and CSP and now it's working, thanks everyone who tried to help me.

Does anyone know how to accurately predict sunset/sunrise times across various locations?

I'm noticing that the sunset changes in time depending upon the track, which is realistic but also a bit of a pain because i have to make a couple of adjustments to try and time it properly. Is there a way to standardize the sunset for all tracks?

Not an enormous problem, but just curious: when I look at replays, replay always starts at night regardless of what time and weather was used in the race, but when I move the replay forward to like 2/3 then the replay starts showing the weather and time that was in the race. I wonder what's up with that? I have latest Sol installed manually and CSP preview140.

I just did a race at Spa, staring time 15.00, weather Clear (Sol). Actual race looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/2PypV7z.jpg Start of replay looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/7yngUzQ.jpg

Guys, I experienced something a little strange, earlier today.

I was going around Monza and noticed that I had 2 clear bands of colour, in the far distance and just above the level of the horizon. I can see them stretching all around the circuit. The first band of colour is cyan and the band that sits directly above that is purple. I'm not sure this is even related to Sol or the shaders patch but I thought I'd mention it here in case someone might know what it could be?

I'll try and grab a screenshot but not sure how that will work out if I'm in VR.

Guys, I experienced something a little strange, earlier today.

I was going around Monza and noticed that I had 2 clear bands of colour, in the far distance and just above the level of the horizon. I can see them stretching all around the circuit. The first band of colour is cyan and the band that sits directly above that is purple. I'm not sure this is even related to Sol or the shaders patch but I thought I'd mention it here in case someone might know what it could be?

I'll try and grab a screenshot but not sure how that will work out if I'm in VR.
You need to load the last light config for monza!
Here is a little description jow to handle light configs:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol.163844/page-125#post-3007047

Does anyone know how to accurately predict sunset/sunrise times across various locations?

I'm noticing that the sunset changes in time depending upon the track, which is realistic but also a bit of a pain because i have to make a couple of adjustments to try and time it properly. Is there a way to standardize the sunset for all tracks?
Why not using the Sol_weather app and just set the time there? You can even activate the "solar system" debug option (Sol_config app / page 10). Then you see the sunangle:
upload_2019-7-19_22-42-46.png

just little updates here: tried with reinstalling AC from scratch: then installed CM, CSP 140 from CM and manual installation for Sol. Still not working. also tried with copying both in mods folder and activating them in JSGME, still not working. Don't know why, but i just getg CSP working with the very old preview49.

Asking for a friend, really! He is experiencing black flashing triangles in the sky, but only on replays from cameras not related to car views, typically camera 7. While racing in real time the sky is fine. He first noticed it on a track called Nardo, but also seems to be happening on some newer tracks like Bathurst. He is using CSP140 and SOL1.2.4. Anyone heard of this anomaly before?

Asking for a friend, really! He is experiencing black flashing triangles in the sky, but only on replays from cameras not related to car views, typically camera 7. While racing in real time the sky is fine. He first noticed it on a track called Nardo, but also seems to be happening on some newer tracks like Bathurst. He is using CSP140 and SOL1.2.4. Anyone heard of this anomaly before?
Triangles with low FOV:
upload_2019-7-20_11-4-23.png

workaround:
upload_2019-7-20_11-5-16.png

From Sol's Discord server "bugs and errors" channel:
https://discord.gg/yJc5yFu

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%